U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 09:34 PM

3,260 posts, read 3,367,975 times

Advertisements

Mr Dog is a type who is much different to Bigfoot and he is said to be far more agressive.

I think we need to do some investigations. It is said that this yellow, orange or bright colours will trigger an attack by Mr Dog so I suggest an experiment to test this hypothesis. A scarecrow type stick figure placed in the forest along a path at the site of a previous attack, clothed in bright hikers jacket and monitored by cameras 24/7 high up on trees.

The thing is, I do NOT think it is Bigfoot who is attacking these hikers and taking kids.

Personally, from the reports of Bigfoot I have read, it does not sound as if he is agressive, he defends his territory yes, he is curious, and sometimes hungry, but does not attack unnecessarily unless really provoked. He throws stones NEAR as a warning, he growls, screams, knocks on wood/rocks but does not appear to attack.

Mr Dog seems to be another personality completely. One who will pick off hikers on paths or when humans are wandering off alone.

The problem now is how to distinguish which is which because it might be a matter of life and death for someone in the area. OK, Mr Dog is said to have a snout and have a face like a dog or wolf. Bigfoot is said to look like an ape or human with a flattish face, but that means you have to see them to tell which one you are dealing with.

So I think there are three types at least out there. Bigfoot, Mr Dog, and something which can be invisible and agressive. Maybe the last two are the same beast, not sure. We need a stakeout by a film crew perhaps.

Of course, there appears to be other cryptids out there too, not just Bigfoot types but no-one has really done any investigations - either through fear or through not having time and money to spend the time out where these things are supposed to live.

And...it is no good asking me to do these investigations. I live in a city far far away. This post is about discussing the types we hear about and asking for ideas how we can catch these cryptids on film and not just remain some blurry furry things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 02:13 AM

12,370 posts, read 3,259,659 times
Ive read quite a bit on dogmen, and I cannot see how someone could mistake one for a Sasquatch, the head is SO much different, the snout, long canine teeth, plus large ears on top that point up.

Although one very interesting detail pertaining to Dogman, they are generally only sighted in a few specific areas (mainly the upper midwest, WI, MI, and MN).

I also do not believe that dogman is natural, I think he may have been created (by accident or on purpose), or there may actually be something to the old stories of 'human werewolves'...on the surface, this sounds too fantastic to be true, but there are so many similar accounts of men 'shapeshifting' into the form of a dog/wolf, thru some supernatural process.

A long time ago, I asked a psychic about this, she told me she was surprised to see what she did when she focused on this topic, she claimed it was similar to an ancient curse, but she did not know how the afflicted people brought this upon themselves, or if it was done to them for some reason, she did say, there are not many of them and they live 'off the grid', many live as homeless and transients, moving from place to place frequently...btw, this psychic was not charging to give readings, she did them for free.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:43 AM

15,040 posts, read 12,226,424 times
".....No-one has really done any investigations....." is not really true. Right now there are thousands of game cameras set up all over our Nation's forest. Hunters, game wardens, and simply people that love to see 'nature' in the wild are looking at what is happening in our forest day and night. These new 'trail cameras' also take great pictures (not blobsquatch) and will even document the time.

Although pictures are not proof positive of a creature's existence; they are a start. If just one of these cameras could capture a great picture of one of these beast; then DNA samples could be taken from where the creature walked. But that has not happened and the more time that passes; the more unlikely that we will ever find one of these creatures. It all looks like it is simply one big hoax or misidentification.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:08 PM

3,260 posts, read 3,367,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
".....No-one has really done any investigations....." is not really true. Right now there are thousands of game cameras set up all over our Nation's forest. Hunters, game wardens, and simply people that love to see 'nature' in the wild are looking at what is happening in our forest day and night. These new 'trail cameras' also take great pictures (not blobsquatch) and will even document the time.

Although pictures are not proof positive of a creature's existence; they are a start. If just one of these cameras could capture a great picture of one of these beast; then DNA samples could be taken from where the creature walked. But that has not happened and the more time that passes; the more unlikely that we will ever find one of these creatures. It all looks like it is simply one big hoax or misidentification.
How do you misidentify a set of huge human footprints?
Not one or two which could be a double-step of a bear.

Why bother to make up a hoax miles away from anywhere in the middle of a forest where no-one goes? Thats most unlikely.

If you can answer these 2 questions then I would agree that you have thought this one through and come to a logical conclusion.

Old 11-19-2019, 12:11 AM

12,370 posts, read 3,259,659 times
Quote:

Even if someone did manage to get a fairly decent picture from one of these things, it wouldnt mean squat today, people would probably believe it was done on a computer.

I think Ive asked you this before, but I cannot remember, since computer and camera technology is so good today and even kids know how to do amazing things with them...where are all the super good quality fake pics of Bigfoot/dogmen, etc? There should be loads of these today.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:59 AM

5,848 posts, read 3,595,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think Ive asked you this before, but I cannot remember, since computer and camera technology is so good today and even kids know how to do amazing things with them...where are all the super good quality fake pics of Bigfoot/dogmen, etc? There should be loads of these today.
They're too busy playing video games!

I think as with everything, every generation will have their hardcore, niche group of believers, some might even be here on C-D, but for the most part, it seems like people have other (better) things to do nowadays and might be less interested in producing super good quality fake pics of Bigfoot/dogman, etc.?

Last edited by cjseliga; 11-19-2019 at 03:49 AM..

Old 11-19-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Why bother to make up a hoax miles away from anywhere in the middle of a forest where no-one goes? Thats most unlikely.

If you can answer these 2 questions then I would agree that you have thought this one through and come to a logical conclusion.
Here is my answer to both questions: Where are your DNA samples? If you have tracks of a true Big Foot why have you not collected samples and sent them to the lab? We have sent teams to the Himalayas to do just that and all of their findings came out bear, mountain goat or dog: https://www.livescience.com/25072-ye...e-snowman.html.

Here in the US we supposedly have many times more sightings and many tracks; but none of them have been tested for their DNA. We have the equipment that can test the soil off cave floors to see what creatures have lived in those caves both today and thousands of years ago. If a Big Foot steps anyplace it would leave telltale traces of its DNA behind. To me your crowd of believers is afraid of the results if you ever did have these tracks tested. If you could come up with test results, that would show and unknown species, you would have all the bragging rights you would need for another 20 years here on the forum. But all you have right now is squat!

Old 11-19-2019, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Even if someone did manage to get a fairly decent picture from one of these things, it wouldnt mean squat today, people would probably believe it was done on a computer.

It was not too long ago that we had a forum member that stated they got their best information on Big Foot when they stayed out at the bar drinking all night! That does not mean squat to the scientific community!

As far as 'fake good quality pics' just watch the next commercials for Jack Links! They are not the only ones; TV programs and other commercials also have used the fake BF pics. Your problem is that we know that these are fake. I am confident that somebody will try, if they have not tried already, to pass off computer generated pics as real outside of Hollywood.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:12 AM

10,696 posts, read 10,578,331 times
Quote:

How can you speak for all the millions of people in the USA and Canada?

I know people with photos and videos. Todd Standing has released photos and videos; you just choose to reject them.

Old 11-19-2019, 10:27 AM

10,696 posts, read 10,578,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Exactly. The first time we went to SE OK; we were lost back in hilly. mountainous forested country. I knew North to South. No one followed us and no one where we camped. No human threw a big rock into the creek next to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal