U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,369,306 times

Advertisements

Although the department has not been officially created and given the go-ahead yet, there is money possibly available for funding into alien research.

Link 1
Link 2 Scientific American

I really do not think there is more 'evidence' for aliens than there is for Bigfoot or other cryptids. Anyway, any research into aliens is a step forward perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM

12,390 posts, read 3,264,330 times
I dont see how its possible outside of Govt or military, they are not going to have access to anything that has been classified.

Old Today, 02:57 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,369,306 times
Maybe they start from the point researchers have reached. Using books as 'references' they could do theoretical research and then perhaps go do some interviewing of abductees/witnessess. Dont have to have access to government records, there is probably enough research which can be done to obtain topics for projects.

It is rather like opening a can of worms and I wonder if they will get the go-ahead for this department. I suspect the word will come down from above that it is not the kind of thing they want to be associated with, even though they have a high official in their group who is supporting the drive to create this department.

On the other hand, it might be another route to take for gradual disclosure, who knows but we will see soon. If we dont hear any more then we know the idea has not gone any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal