Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 07:39 PM

18,763 posts, read 18,050,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
In his original post, he mentioned perhaps "8 pallets" of mystery metal, which sounds like it could be hundreds to thousands of pounds. I haven't read anything about the purchase, but if he got that much of real, honest-to-god alien metal, it should be worth a lot more than $35K. I'm not sure how you'd determine if a metal was of earthly or extraterrestrial origin.
I quote from this link: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...st-be-bismuth: "According to the document, the purchased assets are:
“(i) One 1.75” x 1.25” x 0.25” piece of micron-layered Bismuth/Magnesium-Zinc metal; (ii) six pieces of Bismuth/Magnesium-Zinc metal; (iii) one piece of Aluminum that TTSA physicist Hal Puthoff already in his possession that is currently on loan from Seller; and (iv) one round black and silver metal flake that physicist Puthoff already has in his possession currently on loan from Seller (collectively, the “Metal Pieces”).”

Unless the shipper was terrible at palatizing I would think it sounds like less than a shopping bag size of exotics. Of course we are probably getting our information from different sources which accounts for the discrepancies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 10:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
In his original post, he mentioned perhaps "8 pallets" of mystery metal, which sounds like it could be hundreds to thousands of pounds. I haven't read anything about the purchase, but if he got that much of real, honest-to-god alien metal, it should be worth a lot more than $35K. I'm not sure how you'd determine if a metal was of earthly or extraterrestrial origin.
(not connected with this topic), but when I was a kid, my parents took us to Wright Patterson AF base museum a few times, up on the 2nd floor, near the administrative offices, they had a large glass display case, and had a sign that read 'UFOs', this would have been in the mid 1980s.

I vividly remember this display, I would sit there and study the different pieces, while my parents wanted to go look at other things. they had a bunch of metal pieces in there, and information on where it was recovered...one in particular that I remember, it was about the size of a basketball, it was orange in color and looked like it had been ripped off a larger structure, They had it real close to the edge of the display case, so you could look at it very closely, it was a thick honeycomb structure, roughly about 10" thick, but the honeycombs were so intricate, and there were more(smaller) honeycombs within them. it was amazing to look at!

Whats most surprising about it, the museum was up and honest about these materials 'not being man made', I did find a picture online of the case, but you cannot really see any of the pieces, there is some guy standing right in front of it.

Of course, this display is long gone today, I believe it was taken out in the early 90s sometime, but if you find one of the older employees there, they will talk about it. None that I spoke to last year had any clue what ever happened to the pieces in the display.

Old 12-29-2019, 12:00 PM

12,782 posts, read 9,298,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
(not connected with this topic), but when I was a kid, my parents took us to Wright Patterson AF base museum a few times, up on the 2nd floor, near the administrative offices, they had a large glass display case, and had a sign that read 'UFOs', this would have been in the mid 1980s.

I vividly remember this display, I would sit there and study the different pieces, while my parents wanted to go look at other things. they had a bunch of metal pieces in there, and information on where it was recovered...one in particular that I remember, it was about the size of a basketball, it was orange in color and looked like it had been ripped off a larger structure, They had it real close to the edge of the display case, so you could look at it very closely, it was a thick honeycomb structure, roughly about 10" thick, but the honeycombs were so intricate, and there were more(smaller) honeycombs within them. it was amazing to look at!

Whats most surprising about it, the museum was up and honest about these materials 'not being man made', I did find a picture online of the case, but you cannot really see any of the pieces, there is some guy standing right in front of it.

Of course, this display is long gone today, I believe it was taken out in the early 90s sometime, but if you find one of the older employees there, they will talk about it. None that I spoke to last year had any clue what ever happened to the pieces in the display.
I've been to the museum once when I was there on business, but didn't go to the 2nd floor (didn't have time to do anything but speed through the larger exhibits). But it sounds like the display did exactly what it was intended - get kids to stand in awe, and perhaps develop an interest in science.

Old 12-29-2019, 10:45 PM

Quote:
I've been to the museum once when I was there on business, but didn't go to the 2nd floor (didn't have time to do anything but speed through the larger exhibits). But it sounds like the display did exactly what it was intended - get kids to stand in awe, and perhaps develop an interest in science.
Yes, the pieces were actual recovered objects, they had little description cards next to each piece, noting when and where it had been recovered.

I never thought about it as a kid but today, its amazing that they actually put those things on display in a public Air Force museum!

Old 12-31-2019, 06:29 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,919,433 times
Quote:
Yes, the pieces were actual recovered objects, they had little description cards next to each piece, noting when and where it had been recovered.

I never thought about it as a kid but today, its amazing that they actually put those things on display in a public Air Force museum!
This all doesn't exactly fit with the conspiracy narrative that the government has been suppressing the reality of UFOs since 1947 ...

Old 12-31-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
This all doesn't exactly fit with the conspiracy narrative that the government has been suppressing the reality of UFOs since 1947 ...
This has been discussed before, there has been a few articles on this aspect as well, it seems once the NY TIMEs piece came out about the secret UFO program, there has been more and more being slowly and methodically released...one reporter called it 'drip feeding information to the public'.

Look at this way, just a month ago the DOD secretary of defense was on Good Morning America, talking about UFOs, and how the thinking is now they are extraterrestrial or extra dimensional.

That is a pretty big jump from a few years back, when they would say NOTHING about this topic.

This is one reason I think we are being primed for something in the near future, I think this 'Space force' may be part of it too, a way to usher in our next big threat to safety...an off planet threat...and wait until you hear how much defense spending will be needed to fight this war!!! lol

Its prefect for Trump too...he will say the Space force was his idea, he will go on about what great timing that was, and how he alone saw this off planet threat long ago, before anyone else! HA HA, that is right up Trumps alley, wouldnt you agree?

Old 01-03-2020, 07:57 PM

6,917 posts, read 6,832,021 times
That subject of an off-world threat is far too large for any one country so it might (just...might) unite the world somehow.

I have been reading a book by The Farsight Institute's Courtney Brown in which he suggests that any off-world government or official body is not going to deal with individual countries and will wait until we have a one-world government.

Personally, I am not quite sure how that one-world government would work at the moment, as I think we are too divided. There are countries which have a need to control and dominate others and this is done through aid and arms but essentially all boils down to greed and power in the end.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I'm sure it was done in a humorous manner to get peoples' attention, especially kids. They were well aware of the rumors regarding flying saucers, and were just playing it up a little.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
That subject of an off-world threat is far too large for any one country so it might (just...might) unite the world somehow.

I have been reading a book by The Farsight Institute's Courtney Brown in which he suggests that any off-world government or official body is not going to deal with individual countries and will wait until we have a one-world government.

Personally, I am not quite sure how that one-world government would work at the moment, as I think we are too divided. There are countries which have a need to control and dominate others and this is done through aid and arms but essentially all boils down to greed and power in the end.
That's what Ronald Reagan said once when he addressed the United Nations. His intent was to emphasize how nations would put aside the (many times petty) differences in the face of an issue that the entire world faced.

Remember how, for a short time, everybody in the US came together after the 9/11 terrorist attacks? It didn't last long, but was a real thing.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:25 PM

Quote:
This has been discussed before, there has been a few articles on this aspect as well, it seems once the NY TIMEs piece came out about the secret UFO program, there has been more and more being slowly and methodically released...one reporter called it 'drip feeding information to the public'.

Look at this way, just a month ago the DOD secretary of defense was on Good Morning America, talking about UFOs, and how the thinking is now they are extraterrestrial or extra dimensional.

That is a pretty big jump from a few years back, when they would say NOTHING about this topic.

This is one reason I think we are being primed for something in the near future, I think this 'Space force' may be part of it too, a way to usher in our next big threat to safety...an off planet threat...and wait until you hear how much defense spending will be needed to fight this war!!! lol

Its prefect for Trump too...he will say the Space force was his idea, he will go on about what great timing that was, and how he alone saw this off planet threat long ago, before anyone else! HA HA, that is right up Trumps alley, wouldnt you agree?
The sitting Secretary of Defense discussed flying saucers on national television?? Are you sure it wasn't Christopher Mellon from the "Unidentified" television program? He was Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Intelligence for a couple years, but certainly was not the Secretary of Defense.

As far as I know, the Space Force is Trump's idea. I never heard anybody else mention it before him. And the purpose isn't for extraterrestrial defense; it's for defense against orbiting weapons and defense of our assets in space, not from aliens, but from other nations. I'm not sure the Space Force will ever become real, except on paper. We shall see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal