Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 05:31 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, if Delonges new organization bought these metals for $35K, Im assuming they exist!

If this is true, then that attempt to make it seem like they didnt really exist, would be exposed out in the open for what it was...disinformation, attempting to lie and deceive the public (once again).
Who said they did not exist? People pointed out how they are skeptical of these unknown metals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Speaking from personal experience (and I realize this not credible in your definition), but I know for a fact our military/govt has 'metals and materials' that are NOT from this world, I am referring to the old display case that used to be at Wright Patterson AFB museum, these were metallic parts from crafts, recovered and studied and then surprisingly put on public display! Of course, this was in the 1980s, this display is long gone now (but I bet those pieces are still stored somewhere).
Yet oddly there are no pictures. Not only did people have cameras in the 80's they still had instant cameras as well.

Quote:
*on another note, I learned yesterday, that what prompted Harry Reid to fund the secret Pentagon UFO study and give Bigelow $22M, was Reid hearing all the details coming out of the Skinwalker Ranch, its said that Reid was amazed at the pictures and details of things going on out there. The scientists and other investigators who worked on the ranch back then, said they saw many UFOs, and they appeared to enter and exit thru some kind of large portal that would open and close in the sky.
What prompted Harry Reid to fund a secret UFO study was more likely very mundane and not related to UFO's at all.

Old 01-06-2020, 09:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Yet oddly there are no pictures. Not only did people have cameras in the 80's they still had instant cameras as well.

What prompted Harry Reid to fund a secret UFO study was more likely very mundane and not related to UFO's at all.
Yes, there are pictures of the old display case, this was a thread of mine from the past, (this is not me btw), but it does show the case and its contents, behind the guy.

If you notice, they have the items and little placards, that explained where and when they were recovered and some of the details. Keep in mind, this was at Wright Patterson AFB museum!

Wright Patterson AFB did have 'recovered UAP materials'

Old 01-06-2020, 09:33 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Yes, there are pictures of the old display case, this was a thread of mine from the past, (this is not me btw), but it does show the case and its contents, behind the guy.

If you notice, they have the items and little placards, that explained where and when they were recovered and some of the details. Keep in mind, this was at Wright Patterson AFB museum!

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/une...recovered.html
Without materials to study we are still in the same boat. That UFO display could have simply been meteorites; some look pretty large. Like I stated before; the display got you interested in science and space and searching for the unknown - so it accomplished its mission. We need tangible evidence to take that discussion any further. It did say "UFO" display and not alien spacecraft display.

Old 01-06-2020, 10:24 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Without materials to study we are still in the same boat. That UFO display could have simply been meteorites; some look pretty large. Like I stated before; the display got you interested in science and space and searching for the unknown - so it accomplished its mission. We need tangible evidence to take that discussion any further. It did say "UFO" display and not alien spacecraft display.
The materials in that display were recovered materials that they claimed was 'not from here', thats what all those little placards are, they describe when and where the items were recovered, and I can truthfully say, NONE of them were said to be meteorites, the majority of them were parts of larger structures, objects that had been made, fabricated (not just a piece of something that occurs naturally). I spent a lot of time at this display as a kid, It blew me away that I was looking at something made 'somewhere else'.

However I do admit, you may be right, those artifacts could have been intentionally made to look 'extraterrestrial' and the details on the placards, totally made up, for the purpose of getting kids interested in these kinds of things, or to make people believe aliens are real (this does seem to be happening imo),so its possible this was just an early attempt.

Old 01-06-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
The materials in that display were recovered materials that they claimed was 'not from here', thats what all those little placards are, they describe when and where the items were recovered, and I can truthfully say, NONE of them were said to be meteorites, the majority of them were parts of larger structures, objects that had been made, fabricated (not just a piece of something that occurs naturally). I spent a lot of time at this display as a kid, It blew me away that I was looking at something made 'somewhere else'.

However I do admit, you may be right, those artifacts could have been intentionally made to look 'extraterrestrial' and the details on the placards, totally made up, for the purpose of getting kids interested in these kinds of things, or to make people believe aliens are real (this does seem to be happening imo),so its possible this was just an early attempt.
Not from here would also apply to recovered parts or human satellites and rockets. I don't know and, unfortunately, nobody will know without the evidence to examine.

With many of these mysteries it is all in the wording. As we have said a zillion times over; the "U' in UFO stands for unidentified. Until this stuff is studied we have nothing except speculation and speculation is not hard evidence.

As far as your display, if those were exotic metals or debris that could put us years ahead of the Soviets (that were, at that time, were in a cold war race with us for supremacy); do you think our government would put them on display? Soviet agents could have photographed them or possibly stolen them if they were the key to unlock new technology.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:32 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:

Yep. It happens all the time. It's known as pork barrel spending.

Old 01-07-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexplained-mysteries-paranormal/3075727-wright-patterson-afb-did-have-recovered.html
How odd that they added scan lines to a photo for no reason. It is like people want to obscure things. But it seems this was a display of items gathered from Project Blue Book:

https://www.dayton.com/news/local/di...DvqfXkoYEWoIM/

To me this is pretty much nonsense since Blue Book itself was pretty much nonsense.

Old 01-07-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
How odd that they added scan lines to a photo for no reason. It is like people want to obscure things. But it seems this was a display of items gathered from Project Blue Book:

https://www.dayton.com/news/local/di...DvqfXkoYEWoIM/

To me this is pretty much nonsense since Blue Book itself was pretty much nonsense.
So we now have to wait for rstevens62 to confirm or deny if those objects shown on that link are his UFO objects.

I am still waiting for another metallurgist to explain the original exotic metals before we get side tracked again. So far the only metallurgist that I have found said they were nothing special; just like the Blue Book artifacts.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:54 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
So we now have to wait for rstevens62 to confirm or deny if those objects shown on that link are his UFO objects.

I am still waiting for another metallurgist to explain the original exotic metals before we get side tracked again. So far the only metallurgist that I have found said they were nothing special; just like the Blue Book artifacts.
Well, we know that they're real. Without a doubt aliens who fly around in our atmosphere, with no aerodynamic or gravity limitations, would be using vacuum tubes and Ray-O-Vac batteries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal