Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 09:42 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,163,223 times

Advertisements

I wonder why in some counties and not others.

Travel Channel determined that Pennsylvania is the No. 3 state for reported Bigfoot

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/0...-hotspots.html

Westmoreland County in southwestern Pennsylvania is the top Bigfoot county in Pennsylvania, with 95 reports in Squatchermetrics’ database.

Pennsylvania’s No. 2 county for Bigfoot sightings is Allegheny, with 46 reports immediately west of Westmoreland County.
With 27 reports in the Squatchermetrics database, No. 3 is Clearfield County,

Pennsylvania’s other top Bigfoot counties are Fayette, 25 reports; Armstrong, 17; Cambria, 16; Jefferson, 12; Beaver, 11; and Indiana, 10, according to Squatchermetrics.

All other counties in Pennsylvania has less than 10 reports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2020, 09:52 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,974,870 times
So why would I want to look for Big Foot in your state?

Old 02-18-2020, 10:59 AM

I don't live in PA.

Old 02-18-2020, 01:09 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,624,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I wonder why in some counties and not others.

Travel Channel determined that Pennsylvania is the No. 3 state for reported Bigfoot

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/0...-hotspots.html

Westmoreland County in southwestern Pennsylvania is the top Bigfoot county in Pennsylvania, with 95 reports in Squatchermetrics’ database.

Pennsylvania’s No. 2 county for Bigfoot sightings is Allegheny, with 46 reports immediately west of Westmoreland County.
With 27 reports in the Squatchermetrics database, No. 3 is Clearfield County,

Pennsylvania’s other top Bigfoot counties are Fayette, 25 reports; Armstrong, 17; Cambria, 16; Jefferson, 12; Beaver, 11; and Indiana, 10, according to Squatchermetrics.

All other counties in Pennsylvania has less than 10 reports.
Those #s are pretty low compared to the dogman sightings in eastern Kentucky. They are getting almost 3 per day in a very small area.

Are those Squatchmetrics all time or per year?

Old 02-18-2020, 07:27 PM

I don't know.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,429,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Those #s are pretty low compared to the dogman sightings in eastern Kentucky. They are getting almost 3 per day in a very small area.

Are those Squatchmetrics all time or per year?
Which area in eastern Ky are you referring to?

Old 02-24-2020, 03:30 PM

24,342 posts, read 22,897,800 times
I think its got something to do with the indian mounds in northwest Pa and in Ohio that were said to have had giant skeletons in them. Maybe these are their descendants. I said before that IF Bigfoot is real, it may be that they're the nephilim or their descendants and therefore much more supernatural than a mere hominid.
I'm in eastern Pa and had an encounter of some kind along the Appalachian trail. We were walking along it and heard a sound like a " whoomp" from behind us. It was hard to describe. Not a growl. Like a sound when you'd drop a heavy object on the ground like a bag of compost or closed a trunk door but not metallic sounding. We heard movement in the woods to our right behind us but continued walking forward. Then we heard it again, this time just ahead of us but still to our right and more movement in the brush. So whatever it was it was paralleling us and actually got ahead of us. Now here's the kind of creepy part. Our dog immediately began pulling to go back and we got a bad feeling so we trusted her instincts and quick stepped it back to the parking area. We called her our psychic since she seemed to be able to see ghosts like you hear many pets can. I remember her stopping when we walked in a cemetery and she just kept staring at a new grave and didn't want to go closer.

Old 02-24-2020, 06:14 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,974,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think its got something to do with the indian mounds in northwest Pa and in Ohio that were said to have had giant skeletons in them. Maybe these are their descendants. I said before that IF Bigfoot is real, it may be that they're the nephilim or their descendants and therefore much more supernatural than a mere hominid.
I'm in eastern Pa and had an encounter of some kind along the Appalachian trail. We were walking along it and heard a sound like a " whoomp" from behind us. It was hard to describe. Not a growl. Like a sound when you'd drop a heavy object on the ground like a bag of compost or closed a trunk door but not metallic sounding. We heard movement in the woods to our right behind us but continued walking forward. Then we heard it again, this time just ahead of us but still to our right and more movement in the brush. So whatever it was it was paralleling us and actually got ahead of us. Now here's the kind of creepy part. Our dog immediately began pulling to go back and we got a bad feeling so we trusted her instincts and quick stepped it back to the parking area. We called her our psychic since she seemed to be able to see ghosts like you hear many pets can. I remember her stopping when we walked in a cemetery and she just kept staring at a new grave and didn't want to go closer.
Are you familiar with the sound of a Ruffed Grouse taking off? The sound is such a low frequency that even good microphones and our cellphones do not truly capture it and it can scare you if you are not familiar with it. I tried to get the sound of one flushing but could not find a good one. I did find this link to one drumming: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/..._Grouse/sounds. My feeling is that one grouse flushed behind you and one flushed in front of you. That would explain why you thought the 'animal' was paralleling you while you walked the trail. Our grouse are notorious for scaring the heck out of people that have never experienced them before. Most of the time you never see them when they flush and their rapid movement might appear to be an animal.

Old 02-24-2020, 11:48 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,429,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Funny you should mention those ancient Indian mounds, there are some over in Adams County (Southern OH), and it just so happens this whole area has alot of bigfoot and Dogman sightings.

While it is interesting, I still do not think bigfoot or Dogman are in anyway linked to the biblical Nephilim.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:54 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,996,529 times
With all the dogmen and BF encounters, can we assume that they've met each other?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal