Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 07:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Just watched the last episode again.

Not poisonous gas but it was a cinnabar mine. Yes it is very toxic to humans but they do not know if this particular mine is a cinnabar mine, they just looked it up on the internet that the area has cinnabar mines.

Also, the drone they sent in was nudged or hit at least twice in the cave and they did find hairs (tested to be human hairs) on the drone fans when it came out. So, I think since this cave is probably very toxic to humans, there probably are not humans in there - but we dont know... DNA testing has only been around for 10 years or so and is not yet matured enough to be 100% reliable.

They did not get any eDNA from the paths leading into the caves either. No hairs, no evidence from those areas. Surely there would have been something to analyse.

The Blue marble was found near the mine, 3 miles away from the clearing where they had 'gifted' the apple and that same blue marble. And...the cameraman found it ( maybe 30 yards) away from the campsite just lying on the ground. How come?
No check for DNA on the marble, nothing like that, they just pick it up and contaminate it.
IF those hairs tested as human, they need to check for that specific mutation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2020, 08:57 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Just watched the last episode again.

Not poisonous gas but it was a cinnabar mine. Yes it is very toxic to humans but they do not know if this particular mine is a cinnabar mine, they just looked it up on the internet that the area has cinnabar mines.

Also, the drone they sent in was nudged or hit at least twice in the cave and they did find hairs (tested to be human hairs) on the drone fans when it came out. So, I think since this cave is probably very toxic to humans, there probably are not humans in there - but we dont know... DNA testing has only been around for 10 years or so and is not yet matured enough to be 100% reliable.

They did not get any eDNA from the paths leading into the caves either. No hairs, no evidence from those areas. Surely there would have been something to analyse.

The Blue marble was found near the mine, 3 miles away from the clearing where they had 'gifted' the apple and that same blue marble. And...the cameraman found it ( maybe 30 yards) away from the campsite just lying on the ground. How come?
No check for DNA on the marble, nothing like that, they just pick it up and contaminate it.
The gal did mention something about feeling dizzy or something like that after they went in and were in there for a few minutes.

I blame the drone issues on the pilot. The hair, I think more testing could/should have been done. Unless someone recently was in the tunnel, that hair must be what 60 - 70 years old now, and further testing could have determined that possibly.

That marble, I think the replacement crony did that. He seemed kinda out there to me.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:32 PM

4,659 posts, read 4,117,032 times
Quote:
So firstly I will address fossils.
There are very few fossils found in areas which have been forest. This is because you need very specific conditions for a fossil to form. In order for the fossil to form inside the rock(as we find them) you need the animal to die in place where they do not get eaten and where they are covered up very quickly by the dirt(which will form the rock later). Most stuff dying in the forest gets eaten by other animals and the bones spread out over a large area.
Horse ****. There are fossils of every other species.

Quote:
Bears standing up.
Bears do stand up, but not unless they want to get something at a higher level, and it is extremely unusual that a bear would walk on two legs for a distance or through brush.
Bears can and do stand up. People see this and misinterpret what they are seeing. Sorry, it really is that simple.

Quote:
People.
There may be people, however, it really would be fairly obvious the difference in size, the proportions, the shape of the head, shape of face, way of movement, etc.
When people are startled or frightened, they over-estimate the size of what startled them. It is also why they see owls and think it is mothman.

Quote:
A man/woman running away just does not look the same and humans would run from a threat(feral humans see other humans as a threat too). Bigfoot does not run the same way as humans run but moves quickly through the brush away from the threat.
Again, when people are not thinking clearly, they don't know what they are seeing. The phenomenon is often aided by the fact that people would see what they want. It is much more intersting to say that you saw a bigfoot than a big hobo.

Quote:
Anticedents:
There are no native apes in N America, yet there have been cave paintings of all kinds of animals found which are no longer around. Explain that please?
Although this is not directly relevant, it does show that there may have been a period when other animals were roaming the plains and existed, so why shouldn't Bigfoot have survived? (Well, obviously he has)
I once saw a movie called STAR WARS in which there is a big, eight foot tall creature covered with hair that flies a space ship. It was called a wookie. I was shocked to find out that no such creature exists.

Same logic here. People have imaginations, and always have. A painting is no evidence of anything. IF these creatures existed, then real evidence would not be that hard to come up with.

Quote:
Breeding populations:
No-one knows how many are needed for breeding of Bigfoot. Could be 50 pairs? there could easily be 100 Bigfoot around N America and their (mating?) calls and wood knocks go for miles and miles. Look at the maps where sightings have been reported and count how many of these things are supposed to be out there.
Of course they know, because there are these things called geneticists that study such things in mammals, and even primates. Most scientists think that any such breeding population of these large animals would have to be large to the extent where they could not remain hidden.

Quote:
Then of course, there are other things like Dogman which is something different again.
As you like. You obviously live in a different reality than I do. You are welcome to it.

Old 03-21-2020, 03:52 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
No bears in my area at all.

Bears can and do stand up. People see this and misinterpret what they are seeing. Sorry, it really is that simple.

Old 03-21-2020, 06:17 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
No bears in my area at all.

Do you live in Missouri: https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-n.../bear-reports?

Or do you live in Oklahoma: https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/h.../species/bear?

Regardless both states have known concentrations of bears. There are some areas where they have not been spotted in Oklahoma; but bears can travel long distances. The one bear that I documented at our bird feeder had traveled forty miles in one week. Never say never!

So we know that they exist which is more that we can say for Big Foot.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:47 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Do you live in Missouri: https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-n.../bear-reports?

Or do you live in Oklahoma: https://www.wildlifedepartment.com/h.../species/bear?

Regardless both states have known concentrations of bears. There are some areas where they have not been spotted in Oklahoma; but bears can travel long distances. The one bear that I documented at our bird feeder had traveled forty miles in one week. Never say never!

So we know that they exist which is more that we can say for Big Foot.
Well, it has been proven that bears cannot run at full speed or for long distances while up on 2 legs though...if people are seeing something 'humanoid' and hairy running on 2 legs...well, you get the idea.

Old 03-21-2020, 11:39 PM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
The lady on the show looks like a real life version of Janice from The Muppets.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:17 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, it has been proven that bears cannot run at full speed or for long distances while up on 2 legs though...if people are seeing something 'humanoid' and hairy running on 2 legs...well, you get the idea.
They cannot run as fast as they can on four legs; but they still get around pretty good. That is especially true of bears that have major injuries to their front legs and are forced to use their hind legs. They have adapted to their handicap; just like humans do. I cannot find it right now; I did see one video of a bear moving pretty fast on two legs.

I did find one of two grizzlies that had a difference of opinion on a meal: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ilderness.html. What is interesting about looking at the pictures are their big feet! The article estimated their height around 8 foot tall. But the size of their feet could easily leave great Big Foot tracks; even without a latex slip-on!

Old 03-22-2020, 09:18 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,871,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The lady on the show looks like a real life version of Janice from The Muppets.
That is exactly what my wife said when we watched it.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:37 AM

20,027 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
That is exactly what my wife said when we watched it.
She has the ultimate "duck face" for facebook and instagram lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal