Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 03:44 PM

1,386 posts, read 985,857 times

Advertisements

I watched most of this short series on the Travel channel last weekend. People who were supposedly using an algorithm to help identify the best time and place to locate an actual bigfoot. So they set up in in a heavily wooded area of Oregon for three weeks and tried to find proof.

And they found--nothing. Well, almost nothing. A footprint, a couple of fuzzy pics, stray hairs, strange tree structures, old mine shafts and not much else. That's what's so frustrating with Bigfoot research. They never find anything!

If Bigfoot exists, why can't we find evidence? I believe people are seeing something. And in the series, they interviewed eyewitnesses, some of whom were quite compelling. People are seeing SOMEthing. But still, no evidence!

--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 09:12 PM

19,580 posts, read 20,395,815 times
It's an extremely boring version of Finding Bigfoot. The lead characters are just blah.
At least Finding Bigfoot had characters with some personality. That alone probably kept me watching as long as I did because the premise got old quick. Like all these shows, they never found bigfoot.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:38 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,349,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
I watched most of this short series on the Travel channel last weekend. People who were supposedly using an algorithm to help identify the best time and place to locate an actual bigfoot. So they set up in in a heavily wooded area of Oregon for three weeks and tried to find proof.

And they found--nothing. Well, almost nothing. A footprint, a couple of fuzzy pics, stray hairs, strange tree structures, old mine shafts and not much else. That's what's so frustrating with Bigfoot research. They never find anything!

If Bigfoot exists, why can't we find evidence? I believe people are seeing something. And in the series, they interviewed eyewitnesses, some of whom were quite compelling. People are seeing SOMEthing. But still, no evidence!

--
You would think with all of the trail cams out there we'd see something as well.
I theorize they are paranormal. Like chasing ghosts.

Old 03-14-2020, 12:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
I dont think their goal is to actually find one or find decent evidence...instead, they will keep finding the stray hairs, large footprints, nest beds, and other things, so viewers keep tuning in...thats ultimately their goal.

They will probably have some very exciting looking cliffhangers on some shows, but those usually pan out to be nothing at all.

At the end of the show, if your eyesight is perfect, trying looking for any credits to 'writers' or 'story creators', thats a big red flag. (one time when my exwife and I were watching 'to catch a predator' show on tv, she noticed during the credits, the show had 'writers', we thought that weird thing for such show to have, when they claimed it all was REAL...hmmm, I wonder!!

Old 03-14-2020, 11:28 AM

15,630 posts, read 26,105,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think their goal is to actually find one or find decent evidence...instead, they will keep finding the stray hairs, large footprints, nest beds, and other things, so viewers keep tuning in...thats ultimately their goal.

They will probably have some very exciting looking cliffhangers on some shows, but those usually pan out to be nothing at all.

At the end of the show, if your eyesight is perfect, trying looking for any credits to 'writers' or 'story creators', thats a big red flag. (one time when my exwife and I were watching 'to catch a predator' show on tv, she noticed during the credits, the show had 'writers', we thought that weird thing for such show to have, when they claimed it all was REAL...hmmm, I wonder!!
All shows have writers. If you have a guy talking, there’s a writer. A writer wrote the script the girl to entice the predator. A writer wrote the intros the main guy read.

Yep, even reality shows have writers, because they aren’t real.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:51 AM

5,615 posts, read 5,747,350 times
The show used the same algorithmic system that Hunting Hitler and the other one about UFOs used. Its based on Google IIRC, but its not Google. It picked what it thought was the best time for sighting a Bigfoot. While the concept is good, and sound, no machine can pick what any living thing is going to do from minute to minute. I do wish the one guy had been able to continue, because the replacement was just "out there" IMO. The gal, while she did have some credibility as a primatologist, seemed bored and was just there to be there for the sake of being there. I did find some of the stories of encounters interesting. My wife called it a glorified Finding Bigfoot.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:13 PM

4,648 posts, read 4,079,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post

If Bigfoot exists, why can't we find evidence?
I am sorry, but the answer is that they do not exist.

You are correct that if they did, we would find evidence.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:47 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,791,648 times
The last episode in the series was the worst because they went into a cave where they suspected BF might live. They went in with a drone which lost the signal(surprise, surprise) and then they picked up the signal from the other side of the mountain from another entrance. I understand it is dangerous to go into those caves where there could be bears and stuff living or hibernating, etc but thats what the program is about. I mean, even if you placed a game camera at both mountain cave entrances for a couple of days, you might get pictures of Bigfoot coming and going and then you would know what lived there.

I bet there are loads of people who enjoy adventure and who would be willing to take a camera down there (Josh Gates in earlier times) but they dont use those kind of people. Why not? Because they dont really want to find Bigfoot at all.

There are plenty of people who have been out camping and 'found Bigfoot' by mistake, so it seems if you go out camping, make a lot of noise, then he will come a-looking for you. That would be an interesting investigation, but it would have to be planned and executed properly as if you wanted to REALLY find evidence, not just playing at it like these shows are doing. Then you could place game cameras and wipe them down with alcohol to (try to) remove traces of human scent or you could place them high up in a tree looking down. That might catch more images of BF.

Then there are more than one species of giant ape-like thing running around
Some are very violent, aggressive, and dangerous, others are territorial but not so aggressive. Each needs different handling and ways of approaching it.

There are other reported cryptids too, all across the country in different areas. We should develop a method of research which we can use for other creatures, reported but no evidence found.

No, if you ask me, I dont think we want to find this Bigfoot/Dogman thing because of many reasons.
1) There are too many funamental religious types who would have a problem and start to question their beliefs. This is not a discussion for this forum obviously.
2) From a government standpoint, what do you do if this is a human-like creature. What rights does it have? How do we protect it? How do we ensure it stays in one area so we can camp, hike, enjoy other areas? What happens if someone shoots one - is it murder? Who decides if this thing is 'human' or 'animal' because it is obviously far above an ape, gorilla, chimpanzee, etc. If it IS designated human that poses more problems.
3) History books may have to be re-written. Giants may have to be acknowledged. Human evolution may have to be amended and religious doctorines re-evaluated.
4) Others I have not thought of.

Old 03-15-2020, 12:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
All shows have writers. If you have a guy talking, there’s a writer. A writer wrote the script the girl to entice the predator. A writer wrote the intros the main guy read.

Yep, even reality shows have writers, because they aren’t real.
Well, (knowing that 'reality tv' is not really real), when we saw the credit for writers, we automatically assumed EVERYTHING was scripted on the show, (even the predators themselves).

I still wonder about that, some of those episodes of that show were a little too 'dramatic' and entertaining, to be real.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:22 AM

5,615 posts, read 5,747,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The last episode in the series was the worst because they went into a cave where they suspected BF might live. They went in with a drone which lost the signal(surprise, surprise) and then they picked up the signal from the other side of the mountain from another entrance. I understand it is dangerous to go into those caves where there could be bears and stuff living or hibernating, etc but thats what the program is about. I mean, even if you placed a game camera at both mountain cave entrances for a couple of days, you might get pictures of Bigfoot coming and going and then you would know what lived there.

I bet there are loads of people who enjoy adventure and who would be willing to take a camera down there (Josh Gates in earlier times) but they dont use those kind of people. Why not? Because they dont really want to find Bigfoot at all.

There are plenty of people who have been out camping and 'found Bigfoot' by mistake, so it seems if you go out camping, make a lot of noise, then he will come a-looking for you. That would be an interesting investigation, but it would have to be planned and executed properly as if you wanted to REALLY find evidence, not just playing at it like these shows are doing. Then you could place game cameras and wipe them down with alcohol to (try to) remove traces of human scent or you could place them high up in a tree looking down. That might catch more images of BF.

Then there are more than one species of giant ape-like thing running around
Some are very violent, aggressive, and dangerous, others are territorial but not so aggressive. Each needs different handling and ways of approaching it.

There are other reported cryptids too, all across the country in different areas. We should develop a method of research which we can use for other creatures, reported but no evidence found.

No, if you ask me, I dont think we want to find this Bigfoot/Dogman thing because of many reasons.
1) There are too many funamental religious types who would have a problem and start to question their beliefs. This is not a discussion for this forum obviously.
2) From a government standpoint, what do you do if this is a human-like creature. What rights does it have? How do we protect it? How do we ensure it stays in one area so we can camp, hike, enjoy other areas? What happens if someone shoots one - is it murder? Who decides if this thing is 'human' or 'animal' because it is obviously far above an ape, gorilla, chimpanzee, etc. If it IS designated human that poses more problems.
3) History books may have to be re-written. Giants may have to be acknowledged. Human evolution may have to be amended and religious doctorines re-evaluated.
4) Others I have not thought of.

You must have missed the part where there was a dangerous gas in the cave? I would like to think even Bigfoot is not stupid enough to go in there and live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal