U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 01:14 AM

6,943 posts, read 8,651,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post
I can honestly say that I have NEVER in 54 years of life seen, felt or experienced anything that makes me believe there is any form of spirits or afterlife. When you are dead and gone....that's it.....nothing.....no afterlife....no reincarnation...no heaven....just nothing....forever! Enjoy the time you have alive....it's all you get.
I would strongly suggest you google "the Sprit's Book", and educate yourself.
It is a free download in pdf format.

I believe once you read it, you will come away with a whole different perspective regarding spirits, afterlife, reincarnation, heaven, hell, and a entirely different aspect of our human existence.

On a side note, if you want more proof, you can get involved with EVP.
To find more on that subject, google the name "Sarah Estep".
I have been involved in evp for thirty years .

Sarah and I talked a few times on the phone, when I needed clarification on some issues.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 07:28 AM

188 posts, read 135,186 times
CALGUY - I appreciate your perspective and passion on this subject. Please know that I was raised to believe in an afterlife. I attended religious services as a child and young person. As an adult, I have been a member of 3 different expressions of Spiritual faith. My spouse is a strong believer. I have been well exposed to many aspects of "religion".

With that as a background, I can still honestly say I do not believe there is an afterlife/God or Gods/Spirits/Ghosts/or Bigfoot either. I have never experienced anything even remotely "supernatural" or "other worldly".

I am happy for you that you find comfort in your beliefs. I do understand that "faith" is very important to many if not most people.

Please know that I am totally at peace with my non-belief. I do find much beauty in the natural flora and fauna in the world.

Old 06-28-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Halbach View Post
CALGUY - I appreciate your perspective and passion on this subject. Please know that I was raised to believe in an afterlife. I attended religious services as a child and young person. As an adult, I have been a member of 3 different expressions of Spiritual faith. My spouse is a strong believer. I have been well exposed to many aspects of "religion".

With that as a background, I can still honestly say I do not believe there is an afterlife/God or Gods/Spirits/Ghosts/or Bigfoot either. I have never experienced anything even remotely "supernatural" or "other worldly".

I am happy for you that you find comfort in your beliefs. I do understand that "faith" is very important to many if not most people.

Please know that I am totally at peace with my non-belief. I do find much beauty in the natural flora and fauna in the world.
I am happy for you in that you seem contented with your beliefs.
With all due respect, I think you would do well to broaden your horizons.
You may just see there are many things out there you never took the time to understand.
One should always avail themselves of knowledge, especially things that seem unobtainable.

You stated above, you have never experienced anything supernatural,and you don't believe in such things.
If you don't seek information about these things, then surely that does not mean they don't exist.
As I stated in the other post, there is a wealth of information concerning all the things you say you don't believe in, located in "The Spirit's Book.
The things I have witnessed, and been a part of over the years concerning all the things you state you don't believe in, are testimony to the fact all those things are indeed real.
I have experienced them, as well as many others through out the world.
We certainly can't all be wrong.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:33 AM

17,808 posts, read 14,109,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I am happy for you in that you seem contented with your beliefs.
With all due respect, I think you would do well to broaden your horizons.
You may just see there are many things out there you never took the time to understand.
One should always avail themselves of knowledge, especially things that seem unobtainable.

You stated above, you have never experienced anything supernatural,and you don't believe in such things.
If you don't seek information about these things, then surely that does not mean they don't exist.
As I stated in the other post, there is a wealth of information concerning all the things you say you don't believe in, located in "The Spirit's Book.
The things I have witnessed, and been a part of over the years concerning all the things you state you don't believe in, are testimony to the fact all those things are indeed real.
I have experienced them, as well as many others through out the world.
We certainly can't all be wrong.
Of course you can! Nobody collected the Great Randi money. It isn't only that, but throughout history, charlatans have made many dollars off people that have believed. This is a subject just like BF, Dogman or Nessie; there is simply no way to prove what cannot be proven to exist. People write books to make money or gain power.

I'm with Gustav Halbach; I am very happy with nothing. I pick up a handful of dirt and ask it about the afterlife and I never get a answer. We all return to that dust/dirt and it is hard to have meaningful conversation with something that no longer possesses the power to think.

Why do you need believers if you are happy where you think you are going? We're happy just where we are.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:15 AM

434 posts, read 499,603 times
Yep; I saw my good buddy who use to be quite a joker, clear as day, about a month after he died in a car wreck, standing near the front of my house looking at me. I waved at him and said to wait for me.

Last edited by glenninindy; 06-29-2020 at 09:22 AM..

Old 06-29-2020, 10:22 AM

21,037 posts, read 6,059,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Of course you can! Nobody collected the Great Randi money. It isn't only that, but throughout history, charlatans have made many dollars off people that have believed. This is a subject just like BF, Dogman or Nessie; there is simply no way to prove what cannot be proven to exist. People write books to make money or gain power.

I'm with Gustav Halbach; I am very happy with nothing. I pick up a handful of dirt and ask it about the afterlife and I never get a answer. We all return to that dust/dirt and it is hard to have meaningful conversation with something that no longer possesses the power to think.

Why do you need believers if you are happy where you think you are going? We're happy just where we are.
Yea, when you think about it, the bible, and other religious books are just 'stories', (just like all the bigfoot, dogman and neesie sightings).

ANYONE can tell 'stories'.

Old 06-29-2020, 11:11 AM

14 posts, read 5,500 times
I have my foot tapped by invisible fingers and felt the imprint of fingers, another occasion my foot was moved back and forth, and I have had my head stroked gently by an unknown force. I seen items moved, items tossed aaround me too. I find dimes thorought my house and car too. I have no mental disorder, I do not do any spirit calling, and I am not on drugs/alcohol. I haven't visually seen any spirit but I know something beyond this life exists.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post

If you don't think there is something beyond death here, they why do you think man was created in the first place?

Old 06-29-2020, 04:33 PM

188 posts, read 135,186 times
Ok Calguy, we're going to just need to agree to disagree. I have no animosity or angst with your belief in the supernatural. I also have no interest in attempting to change your opinions. That's your business. If your beliefs make your life happier, more meaningful or easier.....then I say good for you.

I appreciate your wanting to "teach" me about the supernatural. However, since I am 100% convinced that such things do not exist and I am 100% comfortable in my unbelief, I am going to decline your teachings. As mentioned above, I respect that you have a right to your beliefs.....please allow me the same courtesy.

Wishing you all the best,

-G

Old 06-30-2020, 12:43 AM

21,037 posts, read 6,059,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Um...yeah. And lemme tellya - 'it blows you away'...first time I was given...well, I'm not going to go into detail ...
but in 1976 - I paced and was stunned for 2 solid hours. Whoa.
Now I can be typing here or doing the dishes and suddenly get an entire vision of a past life scene...
mostly involving someone in
a different situation from this life...telling me who they were to me then..explaining TONS!
But, I'm a weirdo - like mediums and psychics and empaths are weirdos...
How are you so sure these feelings/insights, are real though? Im interested in what you have said here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal