U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2020, 11:09 AM
 
2,536 posts, read 808,529 times
Reputation: 6702

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
You shouldnt think like that Kembro... This world IS NOT ALL PHYSICAL!! (You cant close your eyes to stuff you cant see -- That would be saying WE ARE THE ONLY ONES AND THE PHYSICAL REALM IS THE ONLY REALM which isnt true)
Stop shouting, and telling me how to think.

I do believe in plenty that I can't see.

I believe in oxygen...can't see it.

I believe in fusion, and how it works...can't see it.

Shall I go on?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-22-2020, 11:33 AM
 
11,443 posts, read 409,075 times
Reputation: 1598
No I suppose not

Its ok mate..... Im not trying to give a hard time,,,
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2020, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,882 posts, read 14,152,470 times
Reputation: 13758
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, that is what happens to our physical, flesh and blood bodies...but what happens to our conscious self? Does it just go to black or do we go somewhere else?
Can you remember anything you thought before you were born? I know that some claim to be reincarnated; but even that could be from some form of genetic memory that we do not truly understand? For most of us I presume we will go back to the void from where we came.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2020, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Grosse Ile Michigan
28,957 posts, read 69,104,411 times
Reputation: 35403
I believe in them. I especially like Scotch
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-22-2020, 10:29 PM
 
21,160 posts, read 6,127,262 times
Reputation: 12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Can you remember anything you thought before you were born? I know that some claim to be reincarnated; but even that could be from some form of genetic memory that we do not truly understand? For most of us I presume we will go back to the void from where we came.
Im not sure it counts (the time period before we were born), we were all innocent then, we had not tasted the secular world yet, and we are not really self aware until a certain age anyway.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2020, 02:08 AM
 
Location: PRC
4,562 posts, read 4,049,310 times
Reputation: 4054
All you guys who think science explains what really happens, but you have not explained anything except what you CAN explain. What about the things you CANNOT explain?

IF it all goes to black nothinness...then no-one cares because no-one will know anything after they are dead. It is pointless arguing or asserting there is no proof, because no proof will be needed. Blackness, that's all.

IF there is something afterwards, then what is it? Thats what you are all scared about. What if it is NOT all nothingness?

What I dont understand is ... why dont you believe the folks who report something after death? There are thousands of reports (not beliefs, but reports) and if you wanted to draw all these reports together, from different religions and different cultures, then there are probably a few common threads in there which transcend the culture/religion bias.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2020, 10:18 AM
 
7,396 posts, read 4,612,647 times
Reputation: 9910
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
IF there is something afterwards, then what is it? Thats what you are all scared about. What if it is NOT all nothingness?
I'm not scared of what comes next, if there is some sort of heaven/hell/purgatory/afterlife great, if there is nothing great, it doesn't change what I do, what I believe in and how I live my life, never has and never will!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2020, 10:39 AM
 
21,160 posts, read 6,127,262 times
Reputation: 12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
All you guys who think science explains what really happens, but you have not explained anything except what you CAN explain. What about the things you CANNOT explain?

IF it all goes to black nothinness...then no-one cares because no-one will know anything after they are dead. It is pointless arguing or asserting there is no proof, because no proof will be needed. Blackness, that's all.

IF there is something afterwards, then what is it? Thats what you are all scared about. What if it is NOT all nothingness?

What I dont understand is ... why dont you believe the folks who report something after death? There are thousands of reports (not beliefs, but reports) and if you wanted to draw all these reports together, from different religions and different cultures, then there are probably a few common threads in there which transcend the culture/religion bias.
Im assuming you are talking about NDEs? If so, you are right, there are many reports of those, but they vary from person to person and strangely (or not), whether they have a positive or negative NDE, seems to coincide with what kind of person they were in life, (suggesting religious theories are correct).


My greatest fear is being 'trapped', and there is nothing I could do to change the situation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2020, 10:48 AM
 
21,160 posts, read 6,127,262 times
Reputation: 12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I'm not scared of what comes next, if there is some sort of heaven/hell/purgatory/afterlife great, if there is nothing great, it doesn't change what I do, what I believe in and how I live my life, never has and never will!
You can say that now while you are alive...but once you are dead, thats it, if you happen to be in some terrible place, there is nothing you can do about it.


What if the afterlife was your worst fear, looping over and over again?


A friend of mine used to say he didnt worry too much about being punished in the afterlife, he felt confident wherever he goes, there would be plenty of other people in the same place, I guess he felt that would make it a little bit more bearable, but actually, there is no guarantee you will even be aware of other people in that place, you could be totally alone, thats what makes it so frightening to me, it could literally encompass anything.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2020, 12:08 PM
 
7,396 posts, read 4,612,647 times
Reputation: 9910
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You can say that now while you are alive...but once you are dead, thats it, if you happen to be in some terrible place, there is nothing you can do about it.


What if the afterlife was your worst fear, looping over and over again?


A friend of mine used to say he didnt worry too much about being punished in the afterlife, he felt confident wherever he goes, there would be plenty of other people in the same place, I guess he felt that would make it a little bit more bearable, but actually, there is no guarantee you will even be aware of other people in that place, you could be totally alone, thats what makes it so frightening to me, it could literally encompass anything.
Oh well, that doesn't bother me one bit, so be it!

I don't fear death, if I die today, fine, I think I've lived a pretty good and fulling life so far, if I die in 50+ years from now, fine as well.

I'm sure there's plenty of people that have your same views about death and there's probably plenty of people that share my same views about death as well, that's what makes life so interesting. We are all truly different and can think, believe and fear, what we want to.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:47 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top