U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 08:39 AM

801 posts, read 274,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is a theory that the human race was created as a slave race...obviously, this would not be an easy thing to hear and accept for many people!

It would also make them, our 'Gods'...which would be equally hard to accept!
I have always found that theory beyond stupid to me.It just make zero sense in any way shape or form. What would "they" need slaves for with technology advanced enough to travel space.

This thread is full of some very interesting theories.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 10:59 AM

21,016 posts, read 6,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I have always found that theory beyond stupid to me.It just make zero sense in any way shape or form. What would "they" need slaves for with technology advanced enough to travel space.

This thread is full of some very interesting theories.
Im not sold on that theory either, but I do believe they had a hand in our creation.

From the Sumerian civilization all the way up to modern times, these 'things' have been present.

Old 06-23-2020, 01:43 PM

760 posts, read 145,163 times
Quote:
Many UFO reports I have read, the witness describes their movement as 'graceful', silky smooth, and some call it almost cartoonish in appearance, its THAT strange looking. Ive also heard many people say they 'tumble and/or wobble' as they fly, Ive always felt that is significant somehow, maybe its their 'vibration' frequency? ( I will admit I do not understand the mechanics related to that though!!), Ive read some things on it and my brain hurt afterwards! lol
I and a VERY skeptical friend saw a small disk no more than 50 yards away as it paced our little gray VW Beetle for about a minute in 1971. It appeared to be "surfing" the air in an odd manner.

Although we didn't experience missing time, there was an odd "psychic" aspect to it. Even though I always had a full conscious recollection of the incident, we didn't discuss it on the remaining two hours of our drive, we never discussed it again back on campus, and I never mentioned to anyone until I told my wife some 5-7 years later. She had been my fiancé at the time, and I THOUGHT I had told her, but I hadn't.

Without my skeptical friend, who just about wet his pants, I'd almost question the incident myself since I'd been completely obsessed with UFOs since about the age of 7. Even though APRO was located in my home town and I was fully aware of NICAP and Ground Saucer Watch, I curiously didn't report the incident to any of them either.

Old 06-24-2020, 01:55 AM

4,531 posts, read 4,025,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S
We don't know how to do it yet, but the theory is sound.
And you know this ....how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S
But again, doing that doesn't erase the air or water or whatever. It is a way to move without propulsion, but the air and such is still there. Whether your craft is moving via propulsion or gravity manipulation, if it suddenly goes from 40 mph to 4,000 mph, there is going to be a massive sonic boom.
And again... You know this how?

As I said the other day, you are NOT some authority on these matters.

If you are, then you really need to give us some evidence of scientific credentials if you are going to make such direct statements as if you are someone who knows something about the subject. Currently you are not any authority so please dont act as if you are.

You are just as likely to be talking a load of old cobblers as anyone else here, me included.

Basically, we dont know what is possible for an advanced race, so making statements that use our stone-age physics laws(compared with alien technology) as the ONLY physics laws in the Universe really does not make any sense. Clearly there IS some technology which is fairly frequently used in our skies which allows these speeds of thousands of miles per hour to be possible. There are no massive sonic booms so either there is some technology suppressing the booms or they do not happen.

Gravity wells are from Bob Lazar I think. Now that I have mentioned the name, just wait for the shills to come along and discredit, and call it all a hoax - which it might be, I dont care. To me, his story presents a body of information which we dont have proof of either way. In my mind, it needs some new non-oil technology to make these UFOs fly the way they do, and his story sounds good so far. I certainly wont be alone in believing what he says.

Old 06-24-2020, 07:10 AM

19,193 posts, read 22,887,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And you know this ....how?
Fair point. Allow me to rephrase: There is no evidence that we know how to make gravity-propulsion craft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
And again... You know this how?
The same way I know water is wet, fire is hot, and if I drop a coin it is going to fall. Basic physics. At certain temperatures plasma, solids, liquids, and gases behave in certain ways, depending on their make-up. Are there ways to manipulate that? Sure. You can change the temperate or water and turn to solid or gas. Or you can add other ingredients (like salt) to affect the temperature at which it freezes or evaporates. There are ways around things, but the basic laws of physics do not simply disappear.

So if you have a craft moving through the air at 400 miles per hour, and it instantly accelerates to 4,000 miles per hour, there is going to be a massive sonic boom, simply because that is the way the atmosphere works.

Might there be a way around that? One we simply haven't discovered? Sure. It's perfectly reasonable to think that a civilization that is technologically 3,000 years beyond us might have figured out ways around that. But it would have to be more than simple gravity propulsion. There would have to be more at play in the equation. Maybe they have figured out a way to "phase" through surrounding molecules like Kitty Pryde in the X-Men? Or maybe they are actually in a different dimension altogether and not really interacting with the air? That of course would beg the question of how we can see them, but hey, that's what science fiction is for.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Fair point. Allow me to rephrase: There is no evidence that we know how to make gravity-propulsion craft.

The same way I know water is wet, fire is hot, and if I drop a coin it is going to fall. Basic physics. At certain temperatures plasma, solids, liquids, and gases behave in certain ways, depending on their make-up. Are there ways to manipulate that? Sure. You can change the temperate or water and turn to solid or gas. Or you can add other ingredients (like salt) to affect the temperature at which it freezes or evaporates. There are ways around things, but the basic laws of physics do not simply disappear.

So if you have a craft moving through the air at 400 miles per hour, and it instantly accelerates to 4,000 miles per hour, there is going to be a massive sonic boom, simply because that is the way the atmosphere works.

Might there be a way around that? One we simply haven't discovered? Sure. It's perfectly reasonable to think that a civilization that is technologically 3,000 years beyond us might have figured out ways around that. But it would have to be more than simple gravity propulsion. There would have to be more at play in the equation. Maybe they have figured out a way to "phase" through surrounding molecules like Kitty Pryde in the X-Men? Or maybe they are actually in a different dimension altogether and not really interacting with the air? That of course would beg the question of how we can see them, but hey, that's what science fiction is for.
LOL, well, of course there is no evidence (that we are privy to) relating to gravity control/propulsion! Thats why places like Area 51 exist...so these types of secrets remain secret.

Technically though, there is some evidence...do you remember High school psychics class? We did a rotating magnetic ring experiment and were able to keep a paper clip suspended in mid air, in the center of these rings...that is basically 'anti gravity', whats interesting about that experiment, the effects on gravity were 'toiroidal'. (spread outward in the shape of a doughnut)

Old 06-24-2020, 11:48 AM

19,193 posts, read 22,887,626 times
Quote:
Technically though, there is some evidence...do you remember High school psychics class? We did a rotating magnetic ring experiment and were able to keep a paper clip suspended in mid air, in the center of these rings...that is basically 'anti gravity', whats interesting about that experiment, the effects on gravity were 'toiroidal'. (spread outward in the shape of a doughnut)
That is magnetism / repulsion, not true anti-gravity. We don't have anti-gravity ... yet. There have been some exciting breakthroughs in understanding gravity in the past decade or so, but gravity still largely remains one of the Great Mysteries of physics.

Old 06-24-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
That is magnetism / repulsion, not true anti-gravity. We don't have anti-gravity ... yet. There have been some exciting breakthroughs in understanding gravity in the past decade or so, but gravity still largely remains one of the Great Mysteries of physics.
Why is that, counter rotating magnetic rings, produce an area where something can be suspended in mid air? plus, the fact that it spreads out...I think that goes beyond magnetism/ repulsion.

Ive always wanted to scale that experiment up and see if it could suspend something larger, (but unfortunately I do not have the money to do this.)

Old 06-24-2020, 01:34 PM

5,788 posts, read 4,505,844 times
Quote:
Why is that, counter rotating magnetic rings, produce an area where something can be suspended in mid air? plus, the fact that it spreads out...I think that goes beyond magnetism/ repulsion.

Ive always wanted to scale that experiment up and see if it could suspend something larger, (but unfortunately I do not have the money to do this.)
Magnetism is a property of matter that is the result of the orientation of atoms in a material; it's a property of electron spin. That's why a magnet can magnetize a piece of iron by stroking it. Gravity is the result of the warping of the material of space-time itself. It's a totally different phenomenon. We know this is the case for a number of reasons, including photos like these:

https://uwaterloo.ca/applied-mathema...ges/erings.jpg

I would guess the rotating magnetic rings experiment works because the direction of the magnetic force gets equalized in all directions because the rings are spinning.

Old 06-27-2020, 07:24 AM

4,753 posts, read 2,007,089 times
Quote:
. We don't have anti-gravity ....

--can't rep you again yet, but your several posts deserve it.

Remember high school physics lab? The wave chamber demonstrations and wave interference? Dolby sound systems use the same principles to eradicate unwanted noises by using wave interference.

Gravity seems to manifest itself in waves, just like EM...Now, we can generate EM waves (light bulbs, radio/TV etc), so why couldn't we generate gravity waves and then use those to interfere with natural gravity waves, and Viola!-- We have an anti-gravity machine!

One problem....On the one hand, we can generate energy waves (EM) simply by adding energy. Burn coal, get electricity, run it thru a filament and you have light. Easy, as long as you have a source of energy...

...BUT-- gravity waves are not generated by energy, but by mass....So, to generate gravity waves, you gotta add an outside source of mass, and it would have to rival the mass of the gravity you're trying to overcome-- ie-- the planet Earth, for starters....I'm not sure this is gunna be efficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal