U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 11:21 PM

20,719 posts, read 25,952,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I have a black cat. That's just a stupid superstition and has nothing to do with animal totems. Tuning into what we can learn from the behavior and characteristics of the animals that cross our paths is something else. Has nothing to do with luck.

I did read a creepy story as a kid about a family who would see a white cat walking toward them when it was time to die.
Check. In no way was I referencing black animals. I have a black cat AND a black dog.
That is a lot of hokum.

The appearance of wild animals in an unusual situation, has been a portent to people who are empathic and in touch with nature.

Fear of black dogs and cats is sheer ignorance.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 12:01 AM

7,414 posts, read 7,456,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Check. In no way was I referencing black animals. I have a black cat AND a black dog.
That is a lot of hokum.

The appearance of wild animals in an unusual situation, has been a portent to people who are empathic and in touch with nature.

Fear of black dogs and cats is sheer ignorance.
Oh hey Sheena, sorry I referred to you as a “he”. I read the post but didn’t obviously see the poster.

Thank you for clarifying. But I do think the term “animal omen” does raise the issue I previously cited. I understand that you did not intend to convey that meaning, but in a general sense, it is the same concept. You see an animal and attach significance to it based on its immutable characteristics. Some people like you view it positively, others do see it negatively. I think in certain cases, depending on the details, there could be some meaning to the experience. But a lot of people are, like you said, ignorant and small minded and will immediately fall back on false superstitions.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:27 AM
Status: "Pulse Amplitude Modulation is after meh!" (set 9 days ago)

2,687 posts, read 1,013,067 times
Excellent! So, in what way does the thread relate to "Unexplained mysteries and the Paranormal"?

There is nothing on the surface that would make bunnies on the lawn and a cardinal out of the ordinary, even if its not a common occurrence at the OP's house.

Old 07-06-2020, 01:24 PM

823 posts, read 944,770 times
I believe it was your parents telling you they loved you.My parents are buried in Fort Sam houston national Cemetery, .Momma died in 1982, daddy in 1996. One day coming home from the cemetery, I saw three cotton tale rabbits. First I saw a big bunny.Then further along the road I saw a smaller bunny, but still an adult. Then mayeb several hundred feet, a saw a much smaller uyounger rabbit. I believe the adult rabbits were momma and daddy, and the little bunny was me, and it was their way of saying we will be together someday.There is a mexican resturant near where i work.On the other side of the parking lot is a fence for a retirement home. Well there is a pond with cattails right where you park. So one day before I got out of the car, I saw this red wing black bird sit on the fence, and then it turned to face me.Just sat there, then went back to the cattails. My mom loved these birds, So I think she was saying i love you. Whenever I see certain animals, my paarents loved, it's sign to me they are thinking about me.

Old 07-06-2020, 07:01 PM

17,323 posts, read 7,908,170 times
Take a look at this link. I use it when I have unusual encounters with animals. Click on "animal dictionaries"

https://www.starstuffs.com/animal_totems/

Old 07-07-2020, 08:09 AM

9,588 posts, read 2,642,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
On June 15th I was sitting on my porch and noticed something unusual - at least unusual for my yard.

A small grey rabbit hopped up to my lawn and stood very still. For at least 4-5 minutes. THEN, a second identical rabbit hopped up beside him or her. They just sat there. I watched, transfixed with their cuteness. They usually run away so quickly.

Later on, I realized it was my father's birthday. He bought me a grey and white Dutch rabbit for Easter and he always found them sweet and peaceful. Still, later, I realized that it was my parent's anniversary. Both have passed.

Today a bright red cardinal appeared on the roof of my porch. It was the first thing I saw when I awakened.
Like the rabbits, it stood still. I watched until the beautiful creature flies away in a flurry of crimson.

We have a bird feeder, but we only use it in the winter months. Our usual customers are sparrows.

Sure, I can Google it. Pretty much 3/4 of CD questions can be Googled. However, we are here to get individual opinions.

As usual, if you just think I saw two rodents and a bird, YES - I did, and I know that. I am seeking answers from spiritually-minded people, only.

Thank you.
rabbits are mammals, not rodents.

Most likely synchronicities if they stuck in your mind.

Rabbits: fearful, timid, spontaneous
Birds: birds are messengers. Cardinals represent messages from passed loved ones.

How you interpret their meanings into your life though is highly personal.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:34 AM

20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times
Years ago, my brothers and I chipped in and got my grandpa a large fish tank for his living room. He always said that he enjoyed sitting there watching fish.

Im not sure what kind of fish we bought, they were fairly small, the tank itself was large imo, (80 gallon if Im remembering correctly). He once told us, one day when he was watching the fish, 5 of them got close to each other and stood in a kind of line together, and then they proceeded to swim in a circle, (nose to tail to each other), he said they did this for about a minute and then scattered. He thought it was very strange they did this. It only happened once according to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal