Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 04:13 PM

8,427 posts, read 10,836,898 times

Advertisements

I have watched both of these so called mediums, and I have come to the same conclusion regarding both of them.
They are no more a medium, able to give spirit messages, then I am the pope, leader of the catholic religion.
What they probably posses is an uncanny ability at mental telepathy.
In all my years of spirit contact(and that includes the present), I have never had occasion to have a response from any spirit instantaneously like both these guys do.
Spirit response, if at all, takes time, it does not happen in an instant, as these two would have you believe.
What I believe is happening in their readings, especially when they are having an "open" reading, with many people in the audience, they are using mental telepathy to communicate with a particular person in the audience.

In telepathy, one hones in on the subject's thoughts, and reads them.
So when Fraser states, "your deceased brother sends his love, and says he is sorry for the anguish he caused you in the past".
He picked that up from the person who he supposedly reading for.
He/She is thinking about the love one that passed, and remembering things that happened in their lives when the deceased was living.
Both Matt, and John pick up on these thoughts by the subject, and convey what is supposed to be a message from the spirit of the deceased relative.

The one positive thing about these readings for both Fraser and Edward is, they profit by book sales, which they are always pushing on their shows.
They excel at telepathy, and that's it.
They are just reading the thoughts of the participants, not the spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 04:27 PM

6,546 posts, read 4,694,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have watched both of these so called mediums, and I have come to the same conclusion regarding both of them.
They are no more a medium, able to give spirit messages, then I am the pope, leader of the catholic religion.
What they probably posses is an uncanny ability at mental telepathy.
In all my years of spirit contact(and that includes the present), I have never had occasion to have a response from any spirit instantaneously like both these guys do.
Spirit response, if at all, takes time, it does not happen in an instant, as these two would have you believe.
What I believe is happening in their readings, especially when they are having an "open" reading, with many people in the audience, they are using mental telepathy to communicate with a particular person in the audience.

In telepathy, one hones in on the subject's thoughts, and reads them.
So when Fraser states, "your deceased brother sends his love, and says he is sorry for the anguish he caused you in the past".
He picked that up from the person who he supposedly reading for.
He/She is thinking about the love one that passed, and remembering things that happened in their lives when the deceased was living.
Both Matt, and John pick up on these thoughts by the subject, and convey what is supposed to be a message from the spirit of the deceased relative.

The one positive thing about these readings for both Fraser and Edward is, they profit by book sales, which they are always pushing on their shows.
They excel at telepathy, and that's it.
They are just reading the thoughts of the participants, not the spirits.
But is it not possible that their gift work differently from yours? I have no dog in the race, I do not have any para gifts whatsoever. Just wondering.

Old 10-06-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
But is it not possible that their gift work differently from yours? I have no dog in the race, I do not have any para gifts whatsoever. Just wondering.
When I said, responses do not happen instantly, not only was that made from experience, but in the words of my deceased partner, "Bobby, we choose our thoughts and words carefully".
"We never rush our thoughts or response".
Those were his words, not mine.
You will note he used the word "We", not "Me, meaning he was speaking about other spirits, not just himself.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:46 PM

15,630 posts, read 26,105,565 times
Quote:
When I said, responses do not happen instantly, not only was that made from experience, but in the words of my deceased partner, "Bobby, we choose our thoughts and words carefully".
"We never rush our thoughts or response".
Those were his words, not mine.
You will note he used the word "We", not "Me, meaning he was speaking about other spirits, not just himself.
The thing is — these meetings are set up in advance. The people going to them know weeks in advance that they’re going to them. Which would mean, if spirit is around us at all time, they know, too.

I know I would say I would love to know if my late husband was OK, because we all want to know that. I would want to know some other things, and the kicker would be if he would finally tell me who the guy he went to the movies with was.

I would be thinking about that for weeks before this would happen. You couldn’t help it. So once again, if spirit is all around and they know everything, they would be able to prepare their answers.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
The thing is — these meetings are set up in advance. The people going to them know weeks in advance that they’re going to them. Which would mean, if spirit is around us at all time, they know, too.

I know I would say I would love to know if my late husband was OK, because we all want to know that. I would want to know some other things, and the kicker would be if he would finally tell me who the guy he went to the movies with was.

I would be thinking about that for weeks before this would happen. You couldn’t help it. So once again, if spirit is all around and they know everything, they would be able to prepare their answers.
The buzz word in your post is "time", and in the spirit world, there is no such thing as time, so "preparing a response from a spirit is impossible.

Old 10-06-2022, 08:07 PM

6,905 posts, read 6,791,648 times
As someone who has been to many Spiritualist churches and weekend courses, and seen many mediums, I think part of what you say is correct. The bit about mind reading is possible and I have always wondered if mediums are sometimes reading auras. They may even be accessing information from the Collective Mind, the Akashic Record, or whatever else you want to call it. The place where all knowledge is stored. I know from my own experience that time is a construct of this reality and it is something we agree to accept when we come into this reality, so it does not exist where we go to afterwards.

However, many of these mediums have had the connection since they were kids and are very familiar with how it all works. What works for them may not work for you who has not had the connection for that long. Do not assume that your (spirit) sources are the only information which is correct, just like my information may not be correct. There may be many interpretations of the information too, truth is not black and white, but grey. Information given through mediums MUST come through the brain of the medium and must be filtered by the beliefs, culture, education, and upbringing of the medium themselves. This will 'colour' the information to a certain extent depending on how they receive it. If they receive images and then interpret those images to give out the message, then immediately the information is at least second hand. We all know what Chinese Whispers can do to a message which starts out to be one thing and then gets delivered at the end of the line as something else entirely. The good mediums have a clear connection and little filtered distortion perhaps - depending on how much 'work' they have done on themselves to reduce the 'noise' and personal baggage.

I dont think there is any need to have a delay in information if there is no time, then there is no delay needed for consideration, although I am sure they DO consider their words very carefully. I think it really depends on the strength of the connection, for example people who channel spirits and who we assume must have a pretty good connection, work at different speeds.

I am not sure you are experienced enough to make a good judgement of the quality of the readings, and maybe we should not judge them anyway - book or no book..

Old 10-07-2022, 04:27 PM

102,052 posts, read 106,836,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

This. Actually response from spirits does occur instantly, if someone's deceased loved one chooses to be present when there's an opportunity to communicate via a medium. It's like talking to a real person standing in front of you, except the only person who can "hear" the visitor is the medium.

That said, I don't know if people like Edwards are true mediums. Usually a real medium doesn't need to play guessing games the way Edwards does with his audiences. But maybe in a mass event like that, there are so many "spirits" wanting to communicate, that the "voices" compete with each other, and it gets confusing.

I don't know what to make of Edwards. I think he gets better results, and his m.o. is very different, when people see him for a 1-on-1 appointment.

Old 10-07-2022, 05:27 PM

102,052 posts, read 106,836,948 times
Quote:
The buzz word in your post is "time", and in the spirit world, there is no such thing as time, so "preparing a response from a spirit is impossible.
And yet, some of them do seem to know what the questions are, that their loved ones left behind in the world have on their minds. This is especially true in the case of murders or other untimely deaths. It may not be about "preparing a response", but just sharing the info they have.

Old 10-07-2022, 07:53 PM

15,630 posts, read 26,105,565 times
Quote:
I have watched Matt Frazier, and I have watched the Long Island medium what’s her face. Can’t think of her name. Both of them have said they don’t get spoken to in the traditional way. They use terms like the departed is showing me yellow flowers. That’s my symbol for tragic death. Perhaps that’s a much easier way to communicate when someone has like a set code in their head. Versus actually creating spoken word which probably takes a lot of energy and is very difficult to do. Showing up in one’s mind’s eye is probably a lot easier to do.

But once again, I tend to think of these as very well done cold readings, or in fact with as much social media as we have and as open people are on it, really good research looking like cold reading.

Old 10-10-2022, 01:47 PM

67 posts, read 43,481 times
Default To time or not to time...

Per your quotes, CALGUY:
"Spirit response, if at all, takes time, it does not happen in an instant, as these two would have you believe."
and
"The buzz word in your post is "time", and in the spirit world, there is no such thing as time, so "preparing a response from a spirit is impossible."

I guess those two opinions leave me a little confused. If there is no such thing as time in the spirit world, why does it take time to receive a response? Not trying to be argumentative - truly curious as to how these two ideas work to support your opinions.

I've had my own experiences for decades but I'm also a science lover so I try to keep my rationales consistent.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal