U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 09:34 PM

20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Nitpick:

The elves of northern folklore were NOT tiny with pointy ears and curly-toed shoes. That didn't really come into play until the Renaissance, thanks to Spenser and Shakespeare. The elves of northern myth dined with the gods and battled giants.

My point: Please don't equate elves with imps or goblins or fairies. Any elves reading this thread might be offended.

https://www.treehugger.com/facts-abo...-elves-4858049
Well, I didnt really know what to call them! LOL The handful of reports Ive read (from modern times), of people seeing these little things, many do report them to be wearing little hats, and some with jackets, (I cannot recall any that reported curly toes shoes or pointy ears), although they didnt specify whether the hats/clothing, appeared to be 'Elven'.

When J Turner described the little 6" man he saw, he just said it had clothing on, (he didnt specifically mention whether it was 'elven or fairy clothing' either).

I hesitated to even use the word Imp, but I didnt know what else to call them, so people would know what Im talking about. I am sorry if I offended any elves, fairies, imps, goblins, trolls, Billy Goat Gruffs, etc)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=430ytKTsPpk&t=68s

Here's one from Debbie in Pennsylvania, rstevens62. I would subscribe to her YouTube channel if I were you, rstevens62. And thanks for having an open mind about these weird things going on. I appreciate it.

There's a lot going on out there, huh?
Oh yes, there is!

It is kind of funny to think about seeing such a thing, but some people apparently have!

And like Ive brought up in other cases...if it was just people making stories up...why are there not 100s, or 1000s of these sighting reports, (like the Dogman, lake monsters, etc etc)...

If someone is willing to make up a totally fake Dogman encounter (for whatever reason), I doubt they would have any qualms making up an Elf sighting too!

Old 07-02-2020, 09:46 PM

4,453 posts, read 3,962,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
This sounds pretty fishy. A couple of kids go fishing illegally at night in a National Forest and saw a "big jet black bipedal wolf". So the place they were fishing at, in a National Forest, was all lit up with lights so they could clearly see what it was? Even if they had flashlights, it'd be difficult to make out such details. Maybe it was just a bear. Or maybe it was just a couple of kids spinning a tall tale.
Haven't you watched These Woods Are Haunted ? ...Because if you had, there are many people who have had their own experiences with these Dogman-like creatures and they are genuinely afraid of going into the woods afterwards.

Everyone who does not believe in these things always suggests they are bears standing on two legs.
Just like "weather balloons" or "swamp gas" eh?

Old 07-02-2020, 10:51 PM

5,458 posts, read 8,613,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Haven't you watched These Woods Are Haunted ? ...Because if you had, there are many people who have had their own experiences with these Dogman-like creatures and they are genuinely afraid of going into the woods afterwards.

Everyone who does not believe in these things always suggests they are bears standing on two legs.
Just like "weather balloons" or "swamp gas" eh?
Who's talking about "weather balloons or "swamp gas"? No, I haven't watched "These Woods Are Haunted". Never heard of it. Regardless, I was replying about the 2 kids who were fishing in a national park at night. It was dark, so it's unlikely they could clearly identify anything. I'm not saying that's what it was. It was a suggestion. There are bears, Black Bears, in Kentucky's Daniel Boone National Forest. What makes you so certain that it wasn't a bear, eh? It's a lot more plausible than a "big jet black bipedal wolf", wouldn't you agree?
Quote:
...bears have become increasingly common in McCreary and surrounding counties expanding outward from junction of the Daniel Boone National Forest and Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area (BSF).
https://fw.ky.gov/Wildlife/Pages/Black-Bears.aspx

Old 07-03-2020, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
This sounds pretty fishy. A couple of kids go fishing illegally at night in a National Forest and saw a "big jet black bipedal wolf". So the place they were fishing at, in a National Forest, was all lit up with lights so they could clearly see what it was? Even if they had flashlights, it'd be difficult to make out such details. Maybe it was just a bear. Or maybe it was just a couple of kids spinning a tall tale.
Dont you remember being young? I sure do. LOL I was never into fishing or hunting that much, but Ive done my fair share of running around forests at night, depending on phase of the moon, its not THAT dark, especially if you are familiar with the area, and there are pole lights in some areas.

You are right, it could have been a bear, but who knows, LOTS of people are reporting these things, and I surely do not believe they are all mis identifications, (if that were the case, I think bear reports and sightings would be much higher in general in these areas), strangely the southern OH area I am involved with, has VERY FEW reports of bears, but lots of Dogman sightings...(how can both be accurate at the same time?)...

If people are 'mis identifying' bears...well, there are going to be many people who DO NOT mis identify and report them AS BEARS!

Another thing, Im not sure bears would be so quick to run away, especially if humans were in their territory, or really especially if they had cubs nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal