U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 08:24 PM

17,724 posts, read 13,970,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I thought it looked like a bird, like a turkey vulture....
With the poor photography it could be anything. Right alongside of freeways there is always some blowing liter - like plastic garbage and shopping bags. That light plastic material can blow from one tree to the next and then get snagged where it might look like a monkey or whatever.

The one thing all of these videos have in common is they spend all their time talking and give us only small glimpses of circumstantial 'evidence'. I don't want to be talked into believing; I want somebody to show me what they want me to believe. We have heard all of the excuses before about how it is too scary to photograph. But we see clear videos of riots and gunfire all the time. What is scarier than bullets flying? Plus we have no documented deaths from any dogman or Big Foot attack.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2020, 09:52 AM

7,555 posts, read 7,123,134 times
fish - take another look. That's a juvie swinging down branches. You're lying to us, and, what's even worse, you're lying to yourself. Don't you watch Dr.Phil?

Old 07-06-2020, 10:47 AM

14,636 posts, read 15,107,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
With the poor photography it could be anything. Right alongside of freeways there is always some blowing liter - like plastic garbage and shopping bags. That light plastic material can blow from one tree to the next and then get snagged where it might look like a monkey or whatever.

The one thing all of these videos have in common is they spend all their time talking and give us only small glimpses of circumstantial 'evidence'. I don't want to be talked into believing; I want somebody to show me what they want me to believe. We have heard all of the excuses before about how it is too scary to photograph. But we see clear videos of riots and gunfire all the time. What is scarier than bullets flying? Plus we have no documented deaths from any dogman or Big Foot attack.

I know, right?! The goofy music doesn't help, either! lol

*I looked at the youtube channel that video came from....O-M-G. This lady's over here talking to a tree stump and some leaves lol

I GOT BIGFOOT!!! GOT HIM GOOD at my old house...7sec 2:47etc.!! LOST FOOTAGE!!!! talking to him??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0zQqBc_tvk&t=1168s

Who/What/Where?!

Is this like one of those magic eye posters?!

Old 07-06-2020, 10:47 AM

3,999 posts, read 3,173,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
fish - take another look. That's a juvie swinging down branches. You're lying to us, and, what's even worse, you're lying to yourself. Don't you watch Dr.Phil?
Where is it suppose to be? Ive seen it before, and watched this one several times now, and I have yet to see anything swinging from the trees.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:48 AM

20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times
Quote:
Ohio, in general, is a pretty flat State. Those videos were in the colder months when the leaves were off the trees. How many small airplanes fly over that area on any given day? I hope that some take a plane ride in the smaller airplanes to see what they can see from the lower altitudes. Standing on the top of the Grand Canyon one can see people riding mules a mile below. Many of the small planes can fly as low as 500 feet above the ground. It would not be that hard to spot an unusual animal at those low altitudes; especially with no leaves or snow on the ground. So where are all the aerial sightings? Where can it hide with no leaves on the trees?

That is why so many of us see nothing; because there is nothing there to see. As far as sounds; humans are capable of producing many sounds with the right equipment. If you cannot see what made the sound it is not a good piece of evidence.
Really, you wouldnt even need to ride in an airplane to do what you are talking about...a normal drone (with a video recording device) would accomplish the same thing.

You wouldnt want to be too high, but not too low in altitude either, I think the 'sweet spot' would be around 400-500 ft, during a cloudy day (so shadows are not present), using this method, you could scan 100s of acres quickly, depending on range of the drone.

And if you do this during winter time, while there is snow on the ground, its pretty much guaranteed, any large animal, is NOT going to be a bear, at 400-500ft, I think it would be easy to identify what type of animal it is too.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Really, you wouldnt even need to ride in an airplane to do what you are talking about...a normal drone (with a video recording device) would accomplish the same thing.

You wouldnt want to be too high, but not too low in altitude either, I think the 'sweet spot' would be around 400-500 ft, during a cloudy day (so shadows are not present), using this method, you could scan 100s of acres quickly, depending on range of the drone.

And if you do this during winter time, while there is snow on the ground, its pretty much guaranteed, any large animal, is NOT going to be a bear, at 400-500ft, I think it would be easy to identify what type of animal it is too.
Like I have explained before; bear are not true hibernators. Here are our game laws: https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Law/...BagLimits.aspx. I did not see bear listed in your game laws. If you notice in our game laws bear season runs from late October into November; sometimes there is snow on the ground for our season. Even after that time, it is possible to still see a bear. They are light sleepers and can be woken if disturbed.

While you might not need a small plane; small planes can cover many miles very fast and at the lower altitudes. If people can spot tourist riding burros a mile away at the Grand Canyon; it should be easy to see a nine-foot giant at 500 feet away. Although bear can walk on their hind legs; most don't unless injured or standing for a reason. I have to wonder why we have not had that many BF sightings from people flying in small planes; unless there is no BF.

Old 07-06-2020, 11:56 AM

7,555 posts, read 7,123,134 times
Where is it suppose to be? Ive seen it before, and watched this one several times now, and I have yet to see anything swinging from the trees.

It's right at the start of the video and you'll probably have to do the MK Davis scrub back and forth a bit before you see it. It looks like a monkee swinging down branches of a tree. Look ABOVE THE FREEWAY and keep looking for it and you'll see it. Here's where it would be nice to be at a seminar and be in control of the laser pointer. I would show you exactly where the baby monkey squatch is that way.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

It's right at the start of the video and you'll probably have to do the MK Davis scrub back and forth a bit before you see it. It looks like a monkee swinging down branches of a tree. Look ABOVE THE FREEWAY and keep looking for it and you'll see it. Here's where it would be nice to be at a seminar and be in control of the laser pointer. I would show you exactly where the baby monkey squatch is that way.
With the poor video it could easily be blowing plastic. I have seen a lot of blowing plastic when I used to spend 5400 miles a week on our roads. Even if it was a monkeeee; that is not a Big Foot. I would still put my money on plastic.

The editing of that film does not help. They wrote right over what we are supposed to be looking at. Perhaps they did not want us to see too much of the plastic?

It these creatures let their young play by busy roads you would eventually have your evidence when one turned up dead.

Old 07-06-2020, 10:55 PM

20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times
Quote:
Like I have explained before; bear are not true hibernators. Here are our game laws: https://www.pgc.pa.gov/HuntTrap/Law/...BagLimits.aspx. I did not see bear listed in your game laws. If you notice in our game laws bear season runs from late October into November; sometimes there is snow on the ground for our season. Even after that time, it is possible to still see a bear. They are light sleepers and can be woken if disturbed.

While you might not need a small plane; small planes can cover many miles very fast and at the lower altitudes. If people can spot tourist riding burros a mile away at the Grand Canyon; it should be easy to see a nine-foot giant at 500 feet away. Although bear can walk on their hind legs; most don't unless injured or standing for a reason. I have to wonder why we have not had that many BF sightings from people flying in small planes; unless there is no BF.
I doubt many people are looking at the ground much when riding in a small plane, they may glance down here and there, but not actively scanning the area.

Plus, if a Sasquatch stands still, its a good chance, it would be mistaken for a tree or brush, especially if you just glanced at it real quickly.

There are not enough bears in my area for them to be a factor though, I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone bear hunting around here actually, maybe down in southern KY, near TN, but nowhere close to my area. Another thing too, if there are bear in an area, police will get calls of them getting into dumpsters and peoples trash cans at night, they turn them over and dig thru it looking for scraps, they even get stuck in dumpsters sometimes, basically if there are bears in a residential area...people are going to know it!

Old 07-07-2020, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I doubt many people are looking at the ground much when riding in a small plane, they may glance down here and there, but not actively scanning the area.

Plus, if a Sasquatch stands still, its a good chance, it would be mistaken for a tree or brush, especially if you just glanced at it real quickly.

There are not enough bears in my area for them to be a factor though, I dont think Ive ever heard of anyone bear hunting around here actually, maybe down in southern KY, near TN, but nowhere close to my area. Another thing too, if there are bear in an area, police will get calls of them getting into dumpsters and peoples trash cans at night, they turn them over and dig thru it looking for scraps, they even get stuck in dumpsters sometimes, basically if there are bears in a residential area...people are going to know it!
I did not see any Ohio 'season' for bear hunting. That does not mean that you do not have bears. All it means is your Game Commission wants the numbers to improve before they officially allow bears to be hunted in your State. A lot of that will also depend on 'nuisance' bear calls.

There are people in small planes that do look at the ground. It is a way of killing time as I did as a truck driver. If something would look out of the ordinary, to a private small plane pilot, they could turn around for a better look. That is hard to do when trucking with a big rig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal