U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 11:00 AM

20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don't like zombie movies. I never have. I believe when things are dead; they are dead. Maybe it is from years of reloading and knowing when I hit an animal in the head there is nothing left to think or feel. I never liked to see anything suffer and my goal was always to ensure a fast death to the creatures I harvested. I did give up hunting about fifteen years ago.

We have modern weapons that will turn almost every cell in the skull to mush. There are no connections after they hit. Some are traveling at over 3,000 feet per second and have a surface temperature of about one 1,000 degrees Fareinhight. That is from the friction on the outside of the bullet. The softer bullets will literally explode when they hit anything.

There are about 11.5 million hunters in the US and many of those are using weapons as I describe. Every year in the US and Canada about 1,000 hunters are shot accidentally. What are the odds that one of them would bag one of your mythical creatures? These same hunters set up thousands of game cameras and no one can produce one good picture.

The numbers speak for themselves. You have no evidence. Even though the odds are so great that one would be killed by accident. You talk about a thousand stories and we have millions of hunters in the field; it just does not add up.
Ive also mentioned in nearly all these reports, hunters, hikers, campers, people who frequently go outdoors...and yet the first time they see one of these things, they say things like, " I have been spending time in the forests my whole like and I thought I knew everything that was out here, boy was I wrong".

How can lifelong experienced hunters, outdoorsman, spend decades in the forests and never see evidence of these large predatory creatures? It sounds almost impossible to believe...but the reports and sightings just keep on coming.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2020, 11:28 AM

17,724 posts, read 13,970,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive also mentioned in nearly all these reports, hunters, hikers, campers, people who frequently go outdoors...and yet the first time they see one of these things, they say things like, " I have been spending time in the forests my whole like and I thought I knew everything that was out here, boy was I wrong".

How can lifelong experienced hunters, outdoorsman, spend decades in the forests and never see evidence of these large predatory creatures? It sounds almost impossible to believe...but the reports and sightings just keep on coming.
It takes only a split second to make a mistake and shoot one of these or to shoot one in what we would think is self-defense. Why do 1,000 hunters make the mistake of shooting another hunter or themselves; but never kill one of these 'scary' creatures? You are really reaching here.

Why is something so scary when it has never killed anybody? 30 to 50 people a year are killed by dogs. I presume these same 'experienced hunters' wet themselves when they encounter Fido.

Don't forget that you are relying on the word of somebody without knowing who they are in some cases. Don't lump everything together. Maybe some are and some aren't experienced, hunters. Maybe some have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth.

Old 07-15-2020, 08:56 AM

775 posts, read 260,165 times
Quote:
Ive been over there twice so far, that is plenty of opportunity to set me up if he had wanted to. heck, considering his extreme claims, I think he would have done this my first time there.

This is also why I wanted to go to that Dollar General near his house...If these things are on his property, they will also be in the immediate area too, and if I go and sit in the DG parking lot one night, without letting anyone know Im doing it, a 'set up' would be impossible, (since no one knew I was going to be in the area.)...However its tough to find time to go do this, when I get off work, Im usually wore out and dont feel like driving close to an hour and sitting in some parking lot for a few hours, especially since even if I do happen to see something, it will still just be WORDS from me, unless I kill the thing and upload a picture of the fresh carcass...who would believe what I say? LOL I will just become one more 'unproven sighting report' (that cannot be verified or confirmed).

Ive read so many reports and heard from him, when you see one of these things, the fear level is said to be HIGH...this is what Im going to be looking for...I want to 'feel' that and see if its accurate, Ive sort of went over this in my mind, (how I would react if I did see one), but without actually experiencing it, Im not sure I know what to expect.
These things baffle me about bigfoot and dogmen believers

1) If there are so many of them in one area that you could go to a Dollar General and sit in the parking lot for a couple hours and see one. How the heck is this not front page news everywhere. Everyone would have to know about/believe in them if there really are that many in the area.

2) Most, not all people that believe will spend hours everyday on the internet. Yet will not drive a couple hours to have a chance at actually seeing a real one in person.

rstevens62, if you do ever see one you should not care at all what myself or anyone else thinks about your story. Isn't seeing one about confirming what you believe?

Old 07-15-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
It takes only a split second to make a mistake and shoot one of these or to shoot one in what we would think is self-defense. Why do 1,000 hunters make the mistake of shooting another hunter or themselves; but never kill one of these 'scary' creatures? You are really reaching here.

Why is something so scary when it has never killed anybody? 30 to 50 people a year are killed by dogs. I presume these same 'experienced hunters' wet themselves when they encounter Fido.

Don't forget that you are relying on the word of somebody without knowing who they are in some cases. Don't lump everything together. Maybe some are and some aren't experienced, hunters. Maybe some have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth.
Think about what I said in the other post...these outdoorsman have been going out in the woods their entire lives, but had an encounter ONLY ONCE.

Sightings of Dogman are not exactly frequent (they are pretty rare actually).

This is probably why none have accidentally shot a DM.

They are scary because of what they are...many people report that they look identical to the werewolf at the beginning of the movie 'Van Helsing', the grey werewolf, they trap in the cage, could you imagine coming face to face with this in the forests? Many have also said just seeing something that is clearly half human and half animal is extremely frightening in itself.

We have discussed that last part before, these sighting/encounter reports are just reports made by people, its up to the individual whether they believe them or not, there are some details can be verified, such as if the person is really a experienced hunter/outdoorsman, where they claim to live, their jobs.

The guy in Brown county whose Place I went to, so far, everything he said in his Dogman encounters interview has been accurate...he does live where he claimed, he does have a shooting range just like he described, his property does have alot of heavily wooded areas around it, his contact info was real, he is a civil engineer....it stands to reason, he claims are probably true as well.

Old 07-15-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
These things baffle me about bigfoot and dogmen believers

1) If there are so many of them in one area that you could go to a Dollar General and sit in the parking lot for a couple hours and see one. How the heck is this not front page news everywhere. Everyone would have to know about/believe in them if there really are that many in the area.

2) Most, not all people that believe will spend hours everyday on the internet. Yet will not drive a couple hours to have a chance at actually seeing a real one in person.

rstevens62, if you do ever see one you should not care at all what myself or anyone else thinks about your story. Isn't seeing one about confirming what you believe?
I dont know how many of these things are in that area, you are right, if they were plentiful, it would be breaking news everywhere. I cannot explain this any more than the next guy...I dont know whats going on, or what they are, or what these people are seeing, Brown/Adams County, OH doesnt have any large predators, black bears are the ONLY possibility but there has NEVER been a bear sighting in Brown county, EVER, and I believe Adams county only has 1 or 2 reports over a decade...other than a black bear, Im not sure what could be mistaken for something like a Dogman, or a Bigfoot, Feral dogs are not close to being large enough, there are no wolves or elk here, deer is really the only 'larger' animal here, but as far as I know there are no black deer, that can stand on two legs.

Unfortunately its not as simple as just driving somewhere and seeing one, There is no guarantee I will see anything if I go sit at the Dollar General parking lot, that was just an idea I had.

You are right on the last part too, nearly every witness Ive heard of, doesnt care if anyone believes them, if you look at the forums and comments on Dogman/Bigfoot groups, its ALWAYS people that have NOT seen them, that argue the most about trying to prove they exist, the people who have seen one, will sometimes tell their story, (sometimes they will not ), but they are not actively going back and forth with other people in an attempt to convince them.

I will admit, I fall into that category myself, I feel its important to convince others they exist (but I have never seen one either, never even had a 'maybe encounter').

Old 07-16-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Think about what I said in the other post...these outdoorsman have been going out in the woods their entire lives, but had an encounter ONLY ONCE.

Sightings of Dogman are not exactly frequent (they are pretty rare actually).

This is probably why none have accidentally shot a DM.

They are scary because of what they are...many people report that they look identical to the werewolf at the beginning of the movie 'Van Helsing', the grey werewolf, they trap in the cage, could you imagine coming face to face with this in the forests? Many have also said just seeing something that is clearly half human and half animal is extremely frightening in itself.

We have discussed that last part before, these sighting/encounter reports are just reports made by people, its up to the individual whether they believe them or not, there are some details can be verified, such as if the person is really a experienced hunter/outdoorsman, where they claim to live, their jobs.

The guy in Brown county whose Place I went to, so far, everything he said in his Dogman encounters interview has been accurate...he does live where he claimed, he does have a shooting range just like he described, his property does have alot of heavily wooded areas around it, his contact info was real, he is a civil engineer....it stands to reason, he claims are probably true as well.
I have been outside in the woods most of my life; heck I live in the woods. I had only one encounter with a mountain lion. So what; officially they still do not live in PA. I would need proof as I have been saying over and over again.

I have an AI that calls my house almost every day trying to talk me into extending my car's warranty. She (it) sounds nice and I am sure that it knows what it is talking about since machines don't make mistakes. I see the number pop up and I don't pick up, no sense in 'talking' to a machine that isn't interested in anything but my money.

Prove that you are right and I am wrong. That is the challenge that I lay at your feet. You can talk forever about stories; you know what I want and it isn't another story. I can go to the library if I want good fiction. People say all kinds of things. Heck, half our Country disagrees with the other half, does that mean that half our Country doesn't know what they are talking about?

Set up game cameras and get clear pictures. When you can identify where one of these creatures walked then you might be able to get hair air scat samples. You are making these claims I am not. It is not up to me to prove their existence, the ball is in your court.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:11 AM

Quote:
I have been outside in the woods most of my life; heck I live in the woods. I had only one encounter with a mountain lion. So what; officially they still do not live in PA. I would need proof as I have been saying over and over again.

I have an AI that calls my house almost every day trying to talk me into extending my car's warranty. She (it) sounds nice and I am sure that it knows what it is talking about since machines don't make mistakes. I see the number pop up and I don't pick up, no sense in 'talking' to a machine that isn't interested in anything but my money.

Prove that you are right and I am wrong. That is the challenge that I lay at your feet. You can talk forever about stories; you know what I want and it isn't another story. I can go to the library if I want good fiction. People say all kinds of things. Heck, half our Country disagrees with the other half, does that mean that half our Country doesn't know what they are talking about?

Set up game cameras and get clear pictures. When you can identify where one of these creatures walked then you might be able to get hair air scat samples. You are making these claims I am not. It is not up to me to prove their existence, the ball is in your court.
What makes you think I can capture pictures or video footage of these things, when nearly every person that has tried this...has failed?

Old 07-17-2020, 02:19 AM

Quote:
What makes you think I can capture pictures or video footage of these things, when nearly every person that has tried this...has failed?
I don't! Because your side has not given me anything to prove you are right. I am also aware that we have had thousands of people that have spent forever looking for them and coming up with nothing. I am a realist and I would not put money on anything changing because you're going to search for one. Plus I never even heard of 'Dogman' until you came along.

That said, I would love to be proven wrong. So I do wish you the best of luck. I think you are going to need it!

Old 07-17-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
I don't! Because your side has not given me anything to prove you are right. I am also aware that we have had thousands of people that have spent forever looking for them and coming up with nothing. I am a realist and I would not put money on anything changing because you're going to search for one. Plus I never even heard of 'Dogman' until you came along.

That said, I would love to be proven wrong. So I do wish you the best of luck. I think you are going to need it!
The Dogman is interesting, many people have never heard of it (my dad is also one of these people). I remember years ago reading about the beast of Bray rd, but I think this was before anyone was calling them 'Dogmen'.

There were a handful of sightings and encounters, but they were all in the MI, WI area.

There were sighting reports of 'half human-half canine' creatures before the Beast of BRay Rd, but they didnt know what to call them, they were hesitant to use the word 'Werewolf', because that just sounds too bizarre and impossible, the people who came up with the Dogman name, insisted that while these things look like werewolves, they are not humans who can shape shift, but its a creature who is always in this form, (just another biological animal).

This is actually the topic of a raging debate within the cryptid community right now, one side argues they are biological animals, always in that form, others believe its more of an ethereal creature, while others believe they are traditional werewolves, (humans that change shape).

Honestly, I dont care for the name 'Dogman', mainly because its already in use, describes a person involved in dog fighting.

Like I said before, I do not expect to get any hard evidence, it would be nice, but Im a realist too, its just not likely at all, and even if I did manage to capture something on picture or video, Im certain it would be called fake or suggesting its some other known animal.

Mainly I just want to see if the feelings of extreme fear are accurate, like so many have claimed, I think if I could experience this, I would have a better understanding of what this is.

Old 07-17-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
The Dogman is interesting, many people have never heard of it (my dad is also one of these people). I remember years ago reading about the beast of Bray rd, but I think this was before anyone was calling them 'Dogmen'.

There were a handful of sightings and encounters, but they were all in the MI, WI area.

There were sighting reports of 'half human-half canine' creatures before the Beast of BRay Rd, but they didnt know what to call them, they were hesitant to use the word 'Werewolf', because that just sounds too bizarre and impossible, the people who came up with the Dogman name, insisted that while these things look like werewolves, they are not humans who can shape shift, but its a creature who is always in this form, (just another biological animal).

This is actually the topic of a raging debate within the cryptid community right now, one side argues they are biological animals, always in that form, others believe its more of an ethereal creature, while others believe they are traditional werewolves, (humans that change shape).

Honestly, I dont care for the name 'Dogman', mainly because its already in use, describes a person involved in dog fighting.

Like I said before, I do not expect to get any hard evidence, it would be nice, but Im a realist too, its just not likely at all, and even if I did manage to capture something on picture or video, Im certain it would be called fake or suggesting its some other known animal.

Mainly I just want to see if the feelings of extreme fear are accurate, like so many have claimed, I think if I could experience this, I would have a better understanding of what this is.
Try crawling through thick laurel, on your hands and knees, some time and spotting a copperhead two feet away from your face and ready to strike! Or try crawling through a crawlspace and seeing the backend of a skunk faced in your direction and only three or four feet away! Or try grabbing a wounded duck in thick swamp grass to have your fingers met with a possibly rabid raccoon's snarling face! How about thinking your petting the neighbor's cat to find out you just stroked the back of a skunk!

Nothing like experiences to get the blood flowing! At least I survived all those; I hope you survive too. Good luck on your quest and try to bring back a picture we can see!

PS Don't smoke too much while killing those hours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal