U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 01:19 PM

5,748 posts, read 4,458,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The Dogman is interesting, many people have never heard of it (my dad is also one of these people). I remember years ago reading about the beast of Bray rd, but I think this was before anyone was calling them 'Dogmen'.
I believe Traverse City MI deejay Steve Cook coined the term "dogman" in his novelty song "The Legend" in 1987. Not sure if Linda Godfrey used the term in her book The Beast of Bray Road.

When I lived in the Chicago area, I frequently went to Lake Geneva WI for weekend getaways. I visited Bray Road, which is nearby, a couple of times. It's a fairly short road, with farms surrounding it. Nothing at all unusual about it. The Kettle Moraine Forest is nearby; hills and lakes that the glaciers created as they pushed down from the north, giant wrinkles in the earth. I did find them to have something of an eerie feel. The area has a reputation for UFO sightings.

The Michigan Dogman and Encounters | Michigan's Otherside
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 09:18 PM

5,373 posts, read 1,785,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHv0SGfW4s8&t=570s

Take a look at 9:27 - 9:30 in the second video. The first one shows a creature way far away that does look really weird that's just focused on a deer. It couldn't take its eyes off that deer.

But in the second video the guys filming it (it's from Brazil) take off through some old rubbish houses and yards, all the time hootin' and hollerin' with the dogs in the nearby area. I don't know but around 9:30 you'll see a really weird looking creature look right at the camera and it's not a settling sight. I'll put it that way. If this is a hoax these people have a large imagination. Check it out. Pretty trippy looking creature in Dogman video #2. Watch how quick it takes off once spotted. Its really kind of goofy because these people filming it are shining a light out at it. It is a really weird looking creature, though. An odd-shaped head, indeed.

No. But this video of Dogman is '2 ligit', as MC Hammer would say.

\,,/ \,,/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPLSib2GtnU

Old 07-18-2020, 07:31 AM

20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times
One of the Dogman groups I am in on Facebook posted this article that detailed 12 historical cases of real werewolves, naturally, it had the usual suspects, Peter Stuebbe, the beast of Geveduan (spelling?), Zeus turning King Lyacon into a 'half man half wolf' for trying to serve him a baby as a meal, etc, etc..

But the others were lesser known accounts....and guess what, they are pretty much identical, someone is given this ability and it often involved a wolves girdle or rubbing salve on their body and this would allow them to transform into the werewolf.

The thing I found interesting about it, these all happened centuries ago, before widespread communication between different countries and regions, seems strange there would be SO MANY stories of this one specific thing and it always being achieved in the same basic way.

Here is the article

https://historycollection.com/12-rea...ghout-history/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal