U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 11:20 PM

13,235 posts, read 3,461,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
So give us your predictions, then. Is there a previous thread where they came true?
I do not make a living trying to bilk people out of their hard earned money with quasi "predictions." I like to sleep at night. I don't believe anyone can accurately predict the future. At least I am not aware of anyone who has consistently done it. I have an open mind. If someone can do this I will admit I was wrong. But they would have to be clear pinpoint predictions not vague ones like a world leader will have an assassination attempt on them in 2020. Or two countries will get close to war in the middle east in 2020. I could do a whole list of things like that will almost certainly happen. That does not take special powers. But for fun in a few days I will start a thread here with my own predictions in the same kind of style as Hamilton. We will see how I do, ok?

This Hamilton guy mostly uses educated guesses. One of his predictions a couple years back was Trump would step down due to health reasons that year. His more detailed ones are almost always misses.

Show me the person who predicted this years pandemic and its economic impact? If no one was able to see the biggest single event to hit the world in 100 years what good are they?

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 07-07-2020 at 11:35 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 03:05 PM

16,663 posts, read 4,724,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I do not make a living trying to bilk people out of their hard earned money with quasi "predictions." I like to sleep at night. I don't believe anyone can accurately predict the future.
It seems strange that you waste your time commenting, since you are so entrenched in your own opinion.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
It seems strange that you waste your time commenting, since you are so entrenched in your own opinion.
Since I was perhaps 8 years old the whole paranormal world has interested me. I think there is truth out there that has yet to be understand.

But I have yet to see anyone who makes a living as psychic or whatever they want to call themselves who is not a fraud. To me this Hamilton guy is so obviously not real I don't get why anyone would listen to him. I am a big fan of James Randi who spent part of a career unmasking fake paranormal people. He had a million dollar challenge for anyone in a scientific setting that could do something not explained by science. No one ever received the money.

But I am open to the possibility that one someday might be real.

But to prove my point in all this I will post soon a list of 100 predictions for the rest of 2020, I am working on them now. Lets see how I stack up to those who claim to have special powers.

Old 07-08-2020, 07:05 PM

4,453 posts, read 3,962,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I do not make a living trying to bilk people out of their hard earned money with quasi "predictions." ....
Show me the person who predicted this years pandemic and its economic impact? If no one was able to see the biggest single event to hit the world in 100 years what good are they?
The movie Contagion documented this pandemic and got it correct, right down to the cause and where it started. What are the odds of that?

Your predictions are a good as anyones, so yes - we all want to know the future because we dont like change and want to be prepared for anything coming down the line at us.

Unfortunately, there is massive evidence that Earth crustal slippages happen at regular intervals throughout history, which wipe out most of the humans and many of the animal species. It happens suddenly (NOT suddenly geologically, but suddenly like overnight) and will place us back in the stone age. The last one was at around the 10-13 thousand years BC time and another is due soon.

This is caused by the weight of the ice build-up and the way the Earth rotates and wobbles on its axis, centrifugal force, like an out-of-balance spinning top. The weight builds and builds and eventually the crustal slippage happens, moving continents 30 degrees or 2000 miles away from their current position (read Graham Hancock). This caused the Mammoths in Siberia to get flash frozen with food found undigested in their stomachs - Yes, that quick!

Everyone is allowed to make a living and if no-one went to hear his predictions, then he would not be able to charge for his predictions, would he. So, maybe you dont blame the man but blame the stupidity of the folks wanting to know?

Old 07-08-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The movie Contagion documented this pandemic and got it correct, right down to the cause and where it started. What are the odds of that?

Everyone is allowed to make a living and if no-one went to hear his predictions, then he would not be able to charge for his predictions, would he. So, maybe you dont blame the man but blame the stupidity of the folks wanting to know?
I guess now I have to watch Contagion, thanks! Not the best thing if you are trying to escape reality.

Mr Hamilton-Parker can make a living any way he chooses. Doing a little research he predicted in January 2016 Trump would lose his bid for the white house and closer to the election he said he would win. You can't lose when you hedge your bets! But yes there is a huge market for those who claim to predict the future. Mr Hamilton-Parker did not create that demand he just figured out how to fill it.

Old 07-08-2020, 08:03 PM

4,453 posts, read 3,962,543 times
Quote:
Mr Hamilton-Parker did not create that demand he just figured out how to fill it.
Isn't that what all entrepreneurs do which is to see an unfulfilled need and then satisfy that need with their business?

Old 07-09-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Isn't that what all entrepreneurs do which is to see an unfulfilled need and then satisfy that need with their business?

In a sense yes. I think there should be a distinction between creating a product or service that people have been yearning for and simply trying to fool people for your own financial gain. But if people want the latter that is their business.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:11 AM

2,633 posts, read 1,635,361 times
Quote:

Your predictions are a good as anyones, so yes - we all want to know the future because we dont like change and want to be prepared for anything coming down the line at us.

Unfortunately, there is massive evidence that Earth crustal slippages happen at regular intervals throughout history, which wipe out most of the humans and many of the animal species. It happens suddenly (NOT suddenly geologically, but suddenly like overnight) and will place us back in the stone age. The last one was at around the 10-13 thousand years BC time and another is due soon.

This is caused by the weight of the ice build-up and the way the Earth rotates and wobbles on its axis, centrifugal force, like an out-of-balance spinning top. The weight builds and builds and eventually the crustal slippage happens, moving continents 30 degrees or 2000 miles away from their current position (read Graham Hancock). This caused the Mammoths in Siberia to get flash frozen with food found undigested in their stomachs - Yes, that quick!

In the original Dean Koontz book the virus started in Russia and was called Gorki 400. But then the cold war started and in the book they changed the country of the outbreak to Wuhan China. I don't think thats indicative of a 'prediction'. I think somebody did their homework on the changes to the book and found out that Wuhan Institute of Virology, China’s only level-four biosafety lab—the current highest-level of biosafety precaution is located there. Wuhan messes with some serious virus's.

Old 07-11-2020, 10:37 AM

1,953 posts, read 1,269,462 times
Quote:
A psychic told me that only about 20% of life is fated. The rest we have control over.

If a psychic gets half of her predictions right that is exceptional. Avoid the storefront seers who say they are 100% right. Frauds.

Psychics cannot usually get timing right. Astrologers do timing.

However, many years ago I saw a beautiful young woman who designed her own deck of cards. She made ten predictions and eight came true. I was never able to find her again and no one seemed to have heard of her! Maybe she wasn't human...

Interesting info..

Old 07-12-2020, 11:48 AM

1,578 posts, read 919,659 times
Theodore White, a Mundane astrologer in astrometerology predicted more civil unrest, that Covid-19 will linger off and on until the start of 2023. This is based on a vaccine being made but since the virus is mutating, the vaccine will not help everyone who has a mutated version of the virus. He also said Trump will win easily in Nov... so that makes sense with more civil unrest. Our major team sports will not be back fully this fall.
Let's see how he does. He did predict the 2008-2009 crisis, Trump's 2016 win, and some past major climate events.

Last edited by frankrj; 07-12-2020 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal