Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2020, 03:32 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times

Advertisements

Although I can see how it would be scientifically convenient to detect the asteroids and meteors coming in (time for the elite to get into the underground bunkers), I suspect that whoever is dealing with UFOs at the moment wants to have an early warning system in place. So they can detect aliens coming in from different directions and give 'us' time to get ready for the invasion. Trump started the Space Corps and now he wants to get the detection up and running.

Quote:
The NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts (NIAC) Program has funded a team of researchers to study the feasibility of building and deploying "statites" (short for "static satellites") at various points along the outer reaches of our solar system.

These lightsail-equipped spacecraft would use solar radiation pressure — the push from photons streaming from the sun — to "hover" in the same spot over time, keeping an eye out for interstellar objects (ISOs) zooming through their particular patch of space.
Source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2020, 08:14 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Although I can see how it would be scientifically convenient to detect the asteroids and meteors coming in (time for the elite to get into the underground bunkers), I suspect that whoever is dealing with UFOs at the moment wants to have an early warning system in place. So they can detect aliens coming in from different directions and give 'us' time to get ready for the invasion. Trump started the Space Corps and now he wants to get the detection up and running.
If another civilization has the tech to travel between stars or through dimensions, we don't have any technology that is going to be able to resist them. The best we could do is hope they're friendly.

Space Force is intended to safeguard the US against foreign powers --- meaning China, Russia, India, etc. Not ETs. If it can also help guard the Earth against killer asteroids, then that's an added benefit.

Old 06-03-2020, 09:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
If another civilization has the tech to travel between stars or through dimensions, we don't have any technology that is going to be able to resist them. The best we could do is hope they're friendly.

Space Force is intended to safeguard the US against foreign powers --- meaning China, Russia, India, etc. Not ETs. If it can also help guard the Earth against killer asteroids, then that's an added benefit.
This we can agree on!

But the human race MUST try anything it can too.

I do get the feeling 'Space force' was created for another purpose, I think maybe our govt is aware of a off planet threat and is taking steps to defend itself, it seems like we are being primed, so its not such a HUGE shock when they show up one day.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
But the human race MUST try anything it can too.
Yup. For what it's worth: I am no fan of our current President. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. The Space Force is not only a good idea, it is decades overdue. I don't think we'd stand a snowball's chance in Hell against an advanced interstellar civilization, but planet-killing asteroids are a reality, and there are other space-faring nations on Earth that are not our friends. Diplomacy first? Absolutely. But when the walking softly fails, we need a big stick.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
... it seems like we are being primed, so its not such a HUGE shock when they show up one day.
Would it be such a huge shock though? I don't think so. Science fiction has been popular and speculating such a reality for over a hundred years now.

I think most people these days are willing to admit that intelligent life might exist out there.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:41 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Early warning system for UFOs ?
Isn't that what National Enquirer is for?

Old 06-03-2020, 06:56 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Would it be such a huge shock though? I don't think so. Science fiction has been popular and speculating such a reality for over a hundred years now.

I think most people these days are willing to admit that intelligent life might exist out there.
All the sic fi movies, and other popular cultural things relating to 'aliens/ufos' have sort of desensitized us to the idea, but I still think it would be a HUGE shock to majority of people.

I think many many people would automatically believe they were hostile, and some may even try to attack them on their own. I could definitely see ISIS or some other islamic group wanting to attack them.

One thing such a event would do, is put EVERYTHING ELSE on the back burner instantly, and probably for a couple years! That is ALL people would be talking about if this happened, no one would care about C-19, or racism anymore.

Of course, Trump could spin it that HE was the one to suggest a space force, so his ego would love it, he could brag for years about this.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:16 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Obviously for rogue objects that might crash in to earth. As far as ufo's, why not try to communicate with them when there is an encounter siuch as the nimitz ordeal. I would think they have tried in more ways than intercepting with aircraft.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:11 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,889,546 times
NORAD still exists, I think they cover objects within earth's orbit at least.
Beyond that we have various organizations and tools to use to tracking space objects (asteroids, etc)....basically anything unusual in space.
But what happens if a the aliens obtained Romulan cloaking technology?

Old 06-04-2020, 10:36 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
I think it's possible that 'aliens' are already here, and they prefer to stay 'under the radar' so to speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal