U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-09-2020, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,724 posts, read 13,970,012 times
Reputation: 13646

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I tend to think that there are several alien races out there observing us, testing us. We are basically the same as animals in a zoo. Think of a isolated Amazon rain forest tribe with scientists observing them, watching them, learning about their culture and lives but interfering as little as possible with them. It's basically the same thing.
All I feel is that the only way we would be observed is if they were planning an invasion. Living is about survival. If your planet is about to collide with another planet you would need a new home. If your species is so advance, that we look like ants compared to them, then it is just a matter of choosing the right 'insecticide'. They would want to terraform our world to their needs.

Even with the scenario that aliens come from our future; they would not be here just to visit. Somebody would want to change something or collect raw materials no longer available.

All anybody has to do is look at our history to see that is how it works. The great generals and conquerors of the past did not spend a lot of time studying their opposition until they invaded. The Europeans sought wealth and power in the new world and that is why most of us are here. In a nutshell, life is about the survival of the fittest. You can currently see that being played out among our superpowers and it looks as if China might be winning.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-09-2020, 10:27 PM
 
14,061 posts, read 6,878,551 times
Reputation: 26877
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
All I feel is that the only way we would be observed is if they were planning an invasion. Living is about survival. If your planet is about to collide with another planet you would need a new home. If your species is so advance, that we look like ants compared to them, then it is just a matter of choosing the right 'insecticide'. They would want to terraform our world to their needs.

Even with the scenario that aliens come from our future; they would not be here just to visit. Somebody would want to change something or collect raw materials no longer available.

All anybody has to do is look at our history to see that is how it works. The great generals and conquerors of the past did not spend a lot of time studying their opposition until they invaded. The Europeans sought wealth and power in the new world and that is why most of us are here. In a nutshell, life is about the survival of the fittest. You can currently see that being played out among our superpowers and it looks as if China might be winning.
They've been around and observing us for thousands of years. What are they waiting for? It's not like we could put up any defense to them if they wanted to kick us off the planet at any time. Earth's raw minerals are not unique. They are found all over the universe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2020, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,724 posts, read 13,970,012 times
Reputation: 13646
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
They've been around and observing us for thousands of years. What are they waiting for? It's not like we could put up any defense to them if they wanted to kick us off the planet at any time. Earth's raw minerals are not unique. They are found all over the universe.
Like the ancient European explorers, you don't come this far without intentions of taking over. There is no evidence of them studying us for thousands of years. If they did then we would have one or more crash sites to study. The only thing we do have are people selling books trying to make a living off perpetuating the belief that aliens are here. Almost all current sightings can be explained. Only a handful are unexplained and that could be temporary until we get better information.

While our raw materials might not be unique; our environment could be unique and 'necessary' for an alien race. What I am saying is to look at what we have done and you can even look at what nature does; it is always about survival. Look at the Thylacine; it is extinct because we hunted it into extinction and now we want to 'study' what we no longer have!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-09-2020, 11:11 PM
 
20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times
Reputation: 11914
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
They've been around and observing us for thousands of years. What are they waiting for? It's not like we could put up any defense to them if they wanted to kick us off the planet at any time. Earth's raw minerals are not unique. They are found all over the universe.
Yes, they have been here for a very long time now...have to wonder what the purpose really is!


Seriously...they buzz our military and commercial planes randomly, they pop up over residential neighborhoods late at night, in the middle of the day, and every other time in between, only to blink out or shoot off out of sight at great speed, (this is their common behavior) , what possible reason could they have for doing these things?



And if you get down to brass tacks, its NOT our govt (or any earthly govt), keeping them secret...if these aliens wanted their presence to be known by everyone...it would be KNOWN instantly, their apparent need to remain hidden is very suspicious.



Im not saying they are 'demonic' or anything like that, but I am saying, I dont think they are exactly what we presume them to be either, I get the feeling, that we humans are probably not able to comprehend these explanations;
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2020, 02:40 AM
 
Location: Silicon Valley
5,538 posts, read 2,513,871 times
Reputation: 8910
The aliens used to use Earth as a dinosaur farm. They'd haul the great beasts to their colosseums where they'd wage epic fights. It was a rather lucrative exotic pet trade. Unfortunately an asteroid hit the planet and the company that owned Earth went bankrupt. Animals got smaller so they stopped coming around...just another water planet growing moss.

I mean, isn't that what everyone learned?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2020, 04:55 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,724 posts, read 13,970,012 times
Reputation: 13646
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
The aliens used to use Earth as a dinosaur farm. They'd haul the great beasts to their colosseums where they'd wage epic fights. It was a rather lucrative exotic pet trade. Unfortunately an asteroid hit the planet and the company that owned Earth went bankrupt. Animals got smaller so they stopped coming around...just another water planet growing moss.

I mean, isn't that what everyone learned?
It was probably too hard to get insurance after that asteroid collision! Kind of like what is happening to our major cities after the rioting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2020, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,062 posts, read 22,769,879 times
Reputation: 23199
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like the ancient European explorers, you don't come this far without intentions of taking over.
That is a baseless assumption.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There is no evidence of them studying us for thousands of years.
That is another one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If they did then we would have one or more crash sites to study.
And a third. You really think a civilization capable of crossing the stars is going to crash and burn their vehicles that often?


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The only thing we do have are people selling books trying to make a living off perpetuating the belief that aliens are here. Almost all current sightings can be explained. Only a handful are unexplained and that could be temporary until we get better information.
Agreed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
While our raw materials might not be unique; our environment could be unique and 'necessary' for an alien race. What I am saying is to look at what we have done and you can even look at what nature does; it is always about survival. Look at the Thylacine; it is extinct because we hunted it into extinction and now we want to 'study' what we no longer have!
Good point, but I would add that we --- and our assumptions --- really only have Earth as a reference point for life. It's possible life evolved along completely different lines on 900 other worlds.

I'm still not convinced at UFOs are extraterrestrial anyway. The U in UFO remains a U.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2020, 07:36 AM
 
20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times
Reputation: 11914
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It was probably too hard to get insurance after that asteroid collision! Kind of like what is happening to our major cities after the rioting.
Yeah, and since insurance wont cover any damage due to rioting or looting, its strange that it would be a factor! lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2020, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
17,724 posts, read 13,970,012 times
Reputation: 13646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Good point, but I would add that we --- and our assumptions --- really only have Earth as a reference point for life. It's possible life evolved along completely different lines on 900 other worlds.

I'm still not convinced at UFOs are extraterrestrial anyway. The U in UFO remains a U.
I know that we use our reference points; we do that all the time. That is what I base my assumptions on and I admit I could be wrong. I don't just use human life to predict what I think will happen if they ever come here. Take a Petri dish loaded with the right agar, contaminated with the right bacteria, and incubated for a long time. The colonies almost immediately spring up and they fight until the end for the last bit of food. It boils down to the survival of the fittest.

What would we do if we saw a stray planet-killing asteroid heading to Earth and we had the capability to reach a neighboring primitive planet? Would we not treat them like we treated our Native Americans? I don't think we would take NO for an answer when we asked for land to settle.

As far as UFOs not being extraterrestrial, my feeling is that even people in the future would want resources from the past or they would want to alter the past. Sure, it is possible they are doing that already by interfering in our elections - perhaps the next Presidential loser will make that claim?

It is hard for me to buy into this 'observe' theory. There are too many miles to travel to get here. Even if they are from the future; it would take a tremendous amount of energy to distort time (if one could even survive).

I still keep falling back on the fact that most of these observations have been explained. It is only a small percentage that are not explained. As our understanding grows we might be able to figure out what causes the unexplained.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2020, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,062 posts, read 22,769,879 times
Reputation: 23199
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I know that we use our reference points; we do that all the time. That is what I base my assumptions on and I admit I could be wrong. I don't just use human life to predict what I think will happen if they ever come here. Take a Petri dish loaded with the right agar, contaminated with the right bacteria, and incubated for a long time. The colonies almost immediately spring up and they fight until the end for the last bit of food. It boils down to the survival of the fittest.
Humans have risen above the level of bacteria --- at least some of the time. We have even risen above the level of chimpanzees, who are our closest "relatives" on this planet. If there is life "out there," I hope they have done the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It is hard for me to buy into this 'observe' theory. There are too many miles to travel to get here.
IF extraterrestrials are visiting Earth from a distant star, then I think it's a pretty safe bet that they have found a way to travel that goes beyond getting from Point A to Point B really fast.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Even if they are from the future; it would take a tremendous amount of energy to distort time (if one could even survive).
Presumably so, yes. Maybe they finally figured out the flux capacitor?


Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I still keep falling back on the fact that most of these observations have been explained. It is only a small percentage that are not explained. As our understanding grows we might be able to figure out what causes the unexplained.
Agreed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top