Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 04:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Because they are often false. I can assume that ocpaul20 is a fluffy purple unicorn from the future, and he can assume I am a scaled green buffalo from Mars. Pretty sure we'd both be wrong.

You're talking about speculation and imagination. Nothing wrong with that. "What if the 'aliens' visiting Earth in the 21st century were actually time-travelers from Idaho from the 32nd century?" might make for a great story. Sounds like the potential for a lot of fun. Nothing wrong with that.

Until you want to state it as fact. Then you have to make a full stop and provide some evidence.

And it isn't "only science" that demands that. That's just basic common sense.
Ive considered the time traveler theory, but seeing how so many of these things pop up and toy around with our aircraft and then vanish or fly off...what purpose would time travelers have in doing these kinds of things?

I also think its a VERY safe bet...if someone in the future had created time travel, I think we would see history changing right before our eyes....for example, what if they went back and killed Hitler before he rose to power? If they did this, everything changes, Im not sure how that would take place or how it would look though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2021, 01:57 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,865,664 times
I always think of it this way...A 2-D being living on a piece of paper would only know the boundaries of pencil lines drawn on that paper. If a 3-D being came along and placed a pencil onto that paper, then it would appear as if a solid round object had suddenly manifested. Resting a pointed object on the paper would create a solid object for the length of time that pointed object was in contact with the paper and disappear as soon as it was lifted off the paper by the 3-D being.

I think what we are seeing is 'bleed-throughs' from another dimension. Not necessarily a conscious, intelligent interaction with our world but maybe a complete mistake. Maybe as a result of some other action which caused the 'bleed-through' into our reality. Maybe every time some shcool teacher fires up a Van de Graaf generator for a physics class, a rift in space is created which the teacher of class knows nothing about. It creates a light orb in another reality for as long as that Van de Graaf generator is working and then disappears as suddenly as it starts?

Some people who play with things in their garages. Things like magnets and electrical gismos. These people have reported that sometimes strange effects have happened. Effects like a 'heat shimmer' appears around their machine, or sometimes tools will go missing from near the machine. This COULD be an effect of what they are playing with and MAY cause dimensionsional portals to open up unknowingly.

We just dont know, but we can only record these strange accoundts and try to correllate them with the experiments which were being done. So...if 2 or 3 people who were messing around with magnets or whatever have the same things or similar thing happen, then maybe there is something which needs further study and may lead to a discovery. Something done on one side of the planet may cause an effect on the other side of the planet, so not necessarily from one dimension to another but could be a same-dimension effect perhaps?

Of course, these are just speculations, but as they say, science begins with observations, and so a few similar observations could lead to something.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:50 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Okay so I really don't know, but who's to say this ^^^ couldn't happen?
There is a huge difference between saying something couldn't happen and saying something is happening. The former is just speculation. The latter requires some evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive considered the time traveler theory, but seeing how so many of these things pop up and toy around with our aircraft and then vanish or fly off...what purpose would time travelers have in doing these kinds of things?
Who knows? Maybe they're just curious. Maybe they want to know what Twinkies taste like. Maybe they are coming back for species that have become extinct in the future. Maybe they like our music. Maybe a future fugitive has fled from justice and they are looking for him. Who knows? Barring some actual evidence, that is the realm of science fiction, not fact.

Quote:
I also think its a VERY safe bet...if someone in the future had created time travel, I think we would see history changing right before our eyes....
Maybe it is. But if it is changing into reality, we would have no frame of reference to measure it against. It would just be "our reality" so we wouldn't notice.

Quote:
for example, what if they went back and killed Hitler before he rose to power? If they did this, everything changes, Im not sure how that would take place or how it would look though.
And maybe they have strict prohibitions about messing with history. It could be very dangerous on their part. Killing the wrong person might have inadvertant ripple effects that wiped out their own existence.

Again: Science fiction. Not fact.

Old 10-12-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
There is a huge difference between saying something couldn't happen and saying something is happening. The former is just speculation. The latter requires some evidence.

Who knows? Maybe they're just curious. Maybe they want to know what Twinkies taste like. Maybe they are coming back for species that have become extinct in the future. Maybe they like our music. Maybe a future fugitive has fled from justice and they are looking for him. Who knows? Barring some actual evidence, that is the realm of science fiction, not fact.

Maybe it is. But if it is changing into reality, we would have no frame of reference to measure it against. It would just be "our reality" so we wouldn't notice.

And maybe they have strict prohibitions about messing with history. It could be very dangerous on their part. Killing the wrong person might have inadvertant ripple effects that wiped out their own existence.

Again: Science fiction. Not fact.
Yes, but they have done these same things for decades. Their behavior is really strange to me, they hover over residential areas in the middle of the night, for no apparent reason, they abduct many people over the years (claimed abductions anyway), its likely that ALL abduction claims are not real, but some probably are.

Its all very baffling, and the problem with evidence is...we are not privy to whatever our govt or other nations govt may have, and probably never would be. Heck, they may have a recovered UAP for all I know, they may have alien bodies too...who knows?!! (we never will know though)...even the Congressional UFO report has a classified annex for petes sake. HA HA

Old 10-13-2021, 06:15 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,253,485 times
Quote:
Yes, but they have done these same things for decades. Their behavior is really strange to me, they hover over residential areas in the middle of the night, for no apparent reason, they abduct many people over the years (claimed abductions anyway), its likely that ALL abduction claims are not real, but some probably are.

Its all very baffling, and the problem with evidence is...we are not privy to whatever our govt or other nations govt may have, and probably never would be. Heck, they may have a recovered UAP for all I know, they may have alien bodies too...who knows?!! (we never will know though)...even the Congressional UFO report has a classified annex for petes sake. HA HA
I'll admit I am not exactly a Scholar of Abductions, but I have done some reading on them, and I have never read of a supposed abduction that held up to much scrutiny or provided any verifiable evidence.

What UFOs may or may not be is anyone's guess. I'm just not convinced there is any Big Conspiracy. Human nature tends against it. A massive secret like that would have leaked by now, with some actual evidence.

Old 10-13-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I'll admit I am not exactly a Scholar of Abductions, but I have done some reading on them, and I have never read of a supposed abduction that held up to much scrutiny or provided any verifiable evidence.

What UFOs may or may not be is anyone's guess. I'm just not convinced there is any Big Conspiracy. Human nature tends against it. A massive secret like that would have leaked by now, with some actual evidence.
Look around at all the politicians and high ranking military people, who have done this very thing. Many dont believe them or say their claims sound too bizarre. LOL

Paul hellyer is a great example, the former minister of defense in Canada, (if govt people know these things)...these are the kinds of people who would know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal