U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2020, 03:34 AM

4,453 posts, read 3,962,543 times

Advertisements

The truth could be far far worse than we could ever imagine. What if this guy has got it right?

I am not saying ALL aliens are flesh-eating and need to be feared, but SOME might be and yet we have no concept of anything other than our normal flora and fauna on Earth. Something SO weird is totally off our radar.

Just because a civilisation is advanced does not mean it is friendly or looks like us or acts like us. So far the PTB have not addressed that issue but are happy to get us used to the idea that aliens exist with us here on Earth. The next thing which they might need to hide is - what are the alien agendas and are they friendly?

The other thing is - how will we communicate with any alien? This is a big deal because if you cannot communicate in their language, then you will not know what they are saying and each conversation has to go through a 3rd party (one of theirs) You dont know what is being left out.

I think we should spend money trying to develop communication/translation technology so that we can start by using technology communicating with other races and species here on Earth. Translation software is pretty useless at the moment until realtime translations are possible and that means some heavy computer power.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 04:30 AM

17,724 posts, read 13,970,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The truth could be far far worse than we could ever imagine. What if this guy has got it right?

I am not saying ALL aliens are flesh-eating and need to be feared, but SOME might be and yet we have no concept of anything other than our normal flora and fauna on Earth. Something SO weird is totally off our radar.

Just because a civilisation is advanced does not mean it is friendly or looks like us or acts like us. So far the PTB have not addressed that issue but are happy to get us used to the idea that aliens exist with us here on Earth. The next thing which they might need to hide is - what are the alien agendas and are they friendly?

The other thing is - how will we communicate with any alien? This is a big deal because if you cannot communicate in their language, then you will not know what they are saying and each conversation has to go through a 3rd party (one of theirs) You dont know what is being left out.

I think we should spend money trying to develop communication/translation technology so that we can start by using technology communicating with other races and species here on Earth. Translation software is pretty useless at the moment until realtime translations are possible and that means some heavy computer power.
This is what communication can get you: https://www.newsweek.com/missionary-...-allen-1229537. It didn't work too good for him. I worry about our signals being received by planets that have a dying sun, drastic climate change, or impending danger from a collision. If we tell them what we have and our location they might not respect our property rights.

Old 07-15-2020, 05:19 AM

4,453 posts, read 3,962,543 times
Thats assuming they have been listeningwhich is not necessarily true. We dont listen in the infrasound range and we dont understand the squeaks of whales and dolphins either. Our transmissions have been going on for quite a while but there are reports of spacecraft for even longer.

I think anything which is coming here would have been here and pushed us off by now - if it was going to.

Maybe mermaids are just aliens living beneath the waves and which have been seen occasionally by sailors and reported. So, all-in-all, I dont think you need to worry in our lifetime and besides when something like that happens, you just deal with it when it comes like any other disaster.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:07 PM

20,558 posts, read 5,832,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This is what communication can get you: https://www.newsweek.com/missionary-...-allen-1229537. It didn't work too good for him. I worry about our signals being received by planets that have a dying sun, drastic climate change, or impending danger from a collision. If we tell them what we have and our location they might not respect our property rights.
Yep, I believe it was Stephen Hawking who warned we should NOT be trying to contact ANY extraterrestrial civilization.

Im of the same opinion, we have no idea who we may be communicating with, they could be a war mongering race who set out to conquer and enslave everything they can, too many risks involved in the unknown.

Its pretty scary to think we have a probe out there right now, blasting our contact info, descriptions of humans and our civilization and location to anyone and everyone that can intercept the signal!!

What will our Govt do when one of these civilizations show up in their warships I wonder...will they encourage people to willingly surrender to them and work as slaves on some distant moon?! NOT ME!

Plus, what about all the poor Bigfoot and Dogmen on this planet?! Will they be enslaved too? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal