Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-15-2020, 03:40 PM
 
356 posts, read 284,468 times
Reputation: 680

Advertisements

i'm sorry but to think somehow attics and basements are "the most haunted" is a bit naive. spirits are not stationed in one place; they are transients. and given the right circumstances they are more than happy to mess around with you.

staying at a friend's cottage (16 bedrooms and 22 baths) the night before her wedding, she showed me to my room and said, "don't worry, nothing ever happens in here". at that moment i hushed her, telling her a statement like that was an invitation. i made it through the night without incident - buried under the covers with my head under the pillow for safe keeping.
the next morning however, i woke early and turned on the television. i clicked through the channels until i found an old episode of i love lucy. i put the remote down lay there still not fully awake and watched for a bit.
i closed my eyes not sure if i wanted to stay awake or go back to sleep, but suddenly i heard the television flip through the channels. i opened my eyes and all of a sudden i love lucy had morphed into a news program. i picked up the remote and tuned it back to lucy. and then the channels flipped again. and i changed the channel once more, and again somehow lucy was gone.
not quite sure what to do i turned off the television. and then it turned itself back on. and then we played this game another four or five times until i decided it was time to get up and get ready for the days festivities. i left the tv on, until it eventually switched itself off. i had to take a shower, but i suddenly realized that whomever was screwing around with the television would probably be in the bathroom with me, while i was naked.
let me tell you, that was the shortest shower i've ever taken in my life. i tried to wash while covering my breasts and my lower region, but i gave up when i had to shampoo my hair.

LOL! i think people watch too many old horror flicks. whatever preconceived notions you have about the spirit world are not exactly true.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2020, 08:45 PM
 
28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Reputation: 15335
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateskouros View Post
i'm sorry but to think somehow attics and basements are "the most haunted" is a bit naive. spirits are not stationed in one place; they are transients. and given the right circumstances they are more than happy to mess around with you.

staying at a friend's cottage (16 bedrooms and 22 baths) the night before her wedding, she showed me to my room and said, "don't worry, nothing ever happens in here". at that moment i hushed her, telling her a statement like that was an invitation. i made it through the night without incident - buried under the covers with my head under the pillow for safe keeping.
the next morning however, i woke early and turned on the television. i clicked through the channels until i found an old episode of i love lucy. i put the remote down lay there still not fully awake and watched for a bit.
i closed my eyes not sure if i wanted to stay awake or go back to sleep, but suddenly i heard the television flip through the channels. i opened my eyes and all of a sudden i love lucy had morphed into a news program. i picked up the remote and tuned it back to lucy. and then the channels flipped again. and i changed the channel once more, and again somehow lucy was gone.
not quite sure what to do i turned off the television. and then it turned itself back on. and then we played this game another four or five times until i decided it was time to get up and get ready for the days festivities. i left the tv on, until it eventually switched itself off. i had to take a shower, but i suddenly realized that whomever was screwing around with the television would probably be in the bathroom with me, while i was naked.
let me tell you, that was the shortest shower i've ever taken in my life. i tried to wash while covering my breasts and my lower region, but i gave up when i had to shampoo my hair.

LOL! i think people watch too many old horror flicks. whatever preconceived notions you have about the spirit world are not exactly true.
Plus, we dont even know what these 'spirits' are!


To be honest, Im not sure what would be more frightening...if spirits were actually the 'remnants' of once living people ,or if they are something totally different?!


If they are once living people...that possibly means we all end up in this state after we die.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2020, 10:59 PM
 
Location: The New England part of Ohio
24,098 posts, read 32,448,969 times
Reputation: 68298
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think basements are any more haunted than any other parts of houses, its just that basements have sort of gotten a bad rap, they are dark cold places where the family does not frequently go, there are likely cobwebs all over the place, spiders...In other words, its all in their heads.


Besides that, from what Ive seen of the paranormal, its not just one part of the house that is effected, stuff happens all over
Many murders take place in basements. Some of the most horrific ones have taken place in basements. They are dark and wet. They can be close to underground springs, wells and streams. Water is known to conduct and enhance psychic energy.

Basements are hidden, dark and underground. Many associate the underground, with the underworld - and hell. Elemental spirits of water and earth can naturally find basements to be comfortable places to traverse. Do you want Salamanders, Ondines and Gnomes to share your home?

Practically speaking, basements offer perfect places for people with evil intent to break in, hide, and await your return home. While many people today have security systems or glass block windows to make it more difficult to enter, many others do not.

Both attics and basements are out of the way of the heart of the home. They are hidden and often dark. These are traits we associate with hauntings.

While basements have been used as graves and places of torture and murder, attics, closer to the element of air, are frequently the sights of suicides.

Particularly suicide by hanging or defenistration. Both deaths relate to the air element.

Fires often break out in both places. Or are set. There are incidents of the elderly, the disabled and the young being kept in both attics and basements.

Attics were places where mistreated orphans, servants and step children were confined, in literature, legend and lifem have been confined.

I have not heard of air or fire elementals haunting attics, however, I don't know more than a fraction of what in under the sun. I am sure such hauntings have happened.

Lightening is also more likely to strike in the attic.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2020, 11:27 PM
 
215 posts, read 144,311 times
Reputation: 717
a relative died in my house in the living room of natural causes , within a couple days after the death while sitting at the table having dinner with my brother, I saw a strange movement bobbing around , moving in an erratic way it kind of looked like a dim light bulb with some electrical energy or something? looked like a blurry movement? something was in the room then it moved towards the front door and zapped right out the door area, never saw it again.

possibly the energy / spirit of the deceased person leaving?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2020, 11:52 PM
 
28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Reputation: 15335
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr peanut View Post
a relative died in my house in the living room of natural causes , within a couple days after the death while sitting at the table having dinner with my brother, I saw a strange movement bobbing around , moving in an erratic way it kind of looked like a dim light bulb with some electrical energy or something? looked like a blurry movement? something was in the room then it moved towards the front door and zapped right out the door area, never saw it again.

possibly the energy / spirit of the deceased person leaving?
Interesting that it took 2 whole days before her 'spirit orb' or whatever it was, was able to leave the house! (also that it had to use the door to leave. LOL)


I have wondered before if it makes any difference if you die inside a building or outside, would your spirit get stuck inside or..? scary to even think about. Ive heard an old legend once that when people died, relatives would open a window, so their souls could escape.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2020, 09:43 AM
 
12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Reputation: 11136
That's where the rats go. The noises spook humans.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2020, 11:26 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,179 posts, read 5,058,253 times
Reputation: 4233
And why are the ghosts doing the hauntings always from the 1700s - 1800s ?
How come there aren't any from, like, 1995 ?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2020, 11:47 AM
 
28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Reputation: 15335
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
And why are the ghosts doing the hauntings always from the 1700s - 1800s ?
How come there aren't any from, like, 1995 ?
LOL Yea, Ive never heard of any neanderthal looking ghosts either...nor have I heard of any dinosaur ghosts, (wouldnt that be cool to see the ghost of a dinosaur?)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2020, 12:06 PM
 
1,400 posts, read 764,844 times
Reputation: 4115
If a spirit is hanging out in attics and basements, maybe they really don't like the people in the house
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2020, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
6,219 posts, read 5,939,418 times
Reputation: 12161
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
And why are the ghosts doing the hauntings always from the 1700s - 1800s ?
How come there aren't any from, like, 1995 ?
Apparitions of Elvis Presley, Sharon Tate, and other more contemporary figures have been reported. Also, older ghosts than the 18th century. (like Ann Boleyn).
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top