Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2020, 03:38 AM

6,958 posts, read 6,891,873 times

Advertisements

Everything seems to have gone very quiet where Antarctica is concerned. Maybe it is a case of "Out of sight, out of mind" but there are some things which we all need to watch out in the news for.

Linda Moulton Howe, (78 years old) is a well-respected researcher, so maybe she has discovered there is no story there after all, or maybe she is writing a book or making a documentary?. If the story was 2 years old then, now it is 3, going on 4 years old. Where is it?

An article from last year:
Quote:
Linda Moulton Howe has been working for two years with an eyewitness who saw something incredible in Antarctica, namely huge structures deep under Antarctic ice.

Only part of the structure has been uncovered so far by archeological teams, with the rest buried under the ice and extending far below. Ground penetrating radar had shown the structure to be an Octagon in shape, and covering an area of 62 acres.
LMH website = Earthfiles.com

This is potentially a huge discovery, is there a website for this archeology excavation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2020, 06:02 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,355,125 times
There's always Antarctic news out there, maybe not the crazy wow, Nazi/Alien/UFO type of stuff, more of the mundane.

Since I'm a former ice worker, who still knows many people that work down there seasonally, I try and keep up with what is going on, which right now basically involves COVID-19, NSF and what kind of summer season they will be having in a few short months.

Here's a link:

Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station

It's run by Bill Spindler, an engineer who wintered at Pole in 1977 and 2005, I never met him, but know of him and people that wintered with him in 2005 at Pole. He tries to keep it updated with Antarctic news, mainly with USAP (United States Antarctic Program) and other statistics, like who's winter-overing every year.

His latest update was on August 9th, about WINFLY (Winter Fly in) when a small crew goes down before the mainbody season, which starts in October.

There was a fire at Russia's Mirny Station on June 21st which destroyed a major lab building, thankfully no one was injured. And then there's the cook at Vernadsky (the Ukraine station 30 miles south of Palmer) who committed suicide on May 8th. The Laurence M. Gould (USAP ship) which left Palmer Station for the winter was used to transport the body north from Vernadsky.

I had the chance to visit Vernadsky during my first winter at Palmer in 2008, they were our closest "neighbors", so to speak. It's an all male station and the people there sign up for 2 year gigs, which is pretty hardcore.

Last edited by cjseliga; 08-17-2020 at 06:16 AM..

Old 08-17-2020, 07:06 AM

so is there any archeology going on down there as the article suggests?

Old 08-17-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
so is there any archeology going on down there as the article suggests?
I can't access the article, the link is blocked on my work computer. There have been archeological digs in the past along the Antarctic Peninsula looking for dinosaur bones, which they indeed found, since Antarctica was once covered in trees and grasses and a lot warmer back in the day!

Here's the link to the USAP website run by NSF:

USAP

They have tabs to all the science research that the US supports down there and you can search any and all current projects:

Science Planning Summary United States Antarctic Program

Old 08-17-2020, 10:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I can't access the article, the link is blocked on my work computer. There have been archeological digs in the past along the Antarctic Peninsula looking for dinosaur bones, which they indeed found, since Antarctica was once covered in trees and grasses and a lot warmer back in the day!

Here's the link to the USAP website run by NSF:

USAP

They have tabs to all the science research that the US supports down there and you can search any and all current projects:

Science Planning Summary United States Antarctic Program
What are your opinions on this? Do you feel there are large underground structures there, or there is something 'alien related' going on in the area?

Im not positive, but I think if there were, people there would see alot of secretive activity, some unknown people coming and going, and/or attempts to hide things, work, maybe alot of security, etc

Old 08-17-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
What are your opinions on this? Do you feel there are large underground structures there, or there is something 'alien related' going on in the area?

Im not positive, but I think if there were, people there would see alot of secretive activity, some unknown people coming and going, and/or attempts to hide things, work, maybe alot of security, etc
I don't know about aliens, but in order build some top secret underground government facility in Antarctica it would take quite a bit of time and effort, depending on the size of a facility.

I've never been to any of the deep field camps, but I know people who have and it's pretty desolate out there and the field season is pretty short. If the government wanted to build something secret they would only have a few months from October to January to work on it each year.

If the US government wanted to build some secret facility, I would choose any other place than Antarctica, just with the logistics alone, it's a harsh continent!

Old 08-17-2020, 10:36 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I don't know about aliens, but in order build some top secret underground government facility in Antarctica it would take quite a bit of time and effort, depending on the size of a facility.

I've never been to any of the deep field camps, but I know people who have and it's pretty desolate out there and the field season is pretty short. If the government wanted to build something secret they would only have a few months from October to January to work on it each year.

If the US government wanted to build some secret facility, I would choose any other place than Antarctica, just with the logistics alone, it's a harsh continent!
I have the feeling there is 'something' there in the general area...and that is why they have set up facilities there, It must not be something that can be easily moved or transported, I feel that its old, even ancient, and probably not many people understand what it is.

Im not saying its a weapon, or alien base, or who knows what...I just feel there is something of interest there and its very old and very powerful...heck, maybe 50ft below the surface, there is a grand entrance to Agartha, (the middle earth)!!! LOL

(just kidding on that last part)

Old 08-17-2020, 10:50 PM

25,599 posts, read 17,334,751 times
An octagon?
No, not in nature. Nature prefers hexagons. Honeycombs, snowflakes, insect eyes, and probably dozens of other natural objects are hexagons. Even rock formations are hexagons.

There must be some octagons in nature, but I don't know where.

Old 08-18-2020, 12:34 AM

4,965 posts, read 3,325,313 times
To OP.
Youtube channel Florida Maquis he has some interesting videos about Antarctica.

Old 08-18-2020, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
To OP.
Youtube channel Florida Maquis he has some interesting videos about Antarctica.
Thanks, but unfortunately, some countries do not allow the viewing and access of social media sites ! Our whole world is getting more and more restricted and controlled. Youtube is part of Google and all Google websites are not available here. :-(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal