Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 04:10 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,549,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
I think that's kind of harsh.

--
Don't worry I don't listen to Ruthie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 04:11 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,022,994 times
Some people can't contemplate anything that happened prior to their teenage lifetime.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:16 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
Some people can't contemplate anything that happened prior to their teenage lifetime.

Well, to be fair, I was probably like that.

Old 11-06-2020, 04:41 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,683,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemBro71 View Post
I agree that it is more of a age thing. Also when you are a teenager you kinda know what is going on in the world. Unfortunately the teenage years are the years you are by far the dumbest you will ever be. You are learning so much and think you know everything. Truth is you know nothing about anything because you have zero real life experience.

For me teenage years were fun but had very little real responsibilities.
20s Oh my did they suck because you got introduced to the real world.
30s Lots of fun because I was figuring out business and was getting a good idea how things really work.
40s Life was easy and fun
50s somehow even better than 40s
60s+ not there yet but as long as my health holds up I can't imagine it being anything but amazing.

Old 11-06-2020, 05:18 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,954 times
I had a dream this afternoon, where I was having a conversation with a college girlfriend from 36 years ago. She was still 19 years old in the dream, while I was at my current age, and I remember telling her how sorry I was for her father's passing (he just died last year, he and I worked for the same company, coincidentally). In her father's obituary, I read how the old girlfriend had passed herself just two years ago, and I was trying in the dream to figure out how to not mention that, and was trying to reconcile it myself, when the stupid phone rang and woke me up from my nap.

Dreamland is sure more interesting than reality. Plus, my back doesn't hurt in my dreams. I think I'll take that alternate universe, myself.

Old 11-06-2020, 07:53 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What?! Before 2000 nothing bad happened or was going to happen? 1998 Russia defaulted on its World Bank loans, plunging the global stock markets into a tailspin. And the Clinton impeachment--you don't remember that? And the Gingrich takeover of Congress, slashing the federal budget left and right, to fund tax giveaways to the rich? I guess you don't remember that, but I knew a number of people whose work was upended by Congress suddenly cutting off financing for all the government foreign aid agencies. I also had a front row seat to the Institute of American Indian Art in Santa Fe, a college of the arts of Native students, having its budget completely eliminated, left to fend for itself, after Congress cut it off.

And no, I don't remember "how we all laughed about how nothing happened", because no one I know of was laughing.

You live a remarkably sheltered life, OP. I suppose you should count your blessings instead of complaining about how boring life was for you, before even more upheavals began to happen. Or you might consider doing some volunteer work, to find out how the less fortunate get buffeted about by events that don't even graze your consciousness.
Amazing after so much time you talk so knowingly.Thank you!

Old 11-06-2020, 07:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
My alternate world is getting old and people telling me what happened and it’s nothing what I remember -it would seem they have their own version of our good old days and their own facts
Living History being reinvented before my very eyes

Old 01-12-2021, 11:48 PM

362 posts, read 143,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I put this here because it goes along with the theory of the "law of attraction" which is a spiritual idea. It is also a scientific theory -- the many worlds theory.

But I was thinking about how before 2000 almost nothing really seemed like it was able to be moved. Things were mundane. Nothing bad was going to happen. Nothing bad or interesting did ever happen. I used to get excited about wars / invasions (Panama) because there is nothing else happening. We weren't walking around constantly going -- can you believe that happened?

But since 2000 it seems like we can't go a year without some bizarre stuff happening where we are all like, can you believe this is happening. I swear this started with the 2000 election.

I am starting to seriously wonder if we (or me) got pushed into an alternate universe on Y2K.

Remember how we all laughed about how nothing happened... but what if it did?

I don't know I just remember my early life being so stable and different and *blam* the last few years... nothing is safe. Everything I am smacking about.

OMG ! I truly feel as if we're living in an alternate reality or parallel universe. It's possible that we've slipped into multiple. All I know is that my childhood and even a decade ago is starting to feel as if it was apart of a different world. Literally !

Old 01-13-2021, 06:08 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
when I look back at when I was 15, 25, 35 and now, I see four different universes to tell ya truth.
More accurately, every time you blink your eyes you are emerging in a different universe than the one you inhabited before the blink.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:25 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Every choice you make, however small, places us into another 'now' which changes our future like a huge decision tree. This is why predictions are not accurate the further into the future they are made, and it is why the occultists say that events and items are attracted to you the more focus and energy you place in them. It is the basis for affirmations and positive thinking. If you imaging bad things will happen, then you attract bad things. If you imagine yourself successful, then you attract success and beneficial things into your life.

How often do you find rich people who believe that their world is full of negative things? Never, they often have fantasticly positive dreams which seem to work out well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal