Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 02:47 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,480,995 times

Advertisements

The spirit of the deceased should leave this world,see if you can send it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 05:30 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
It is not that these people are stupid but that their life was so 'physical' that they cannot conceive of anything else, so they just keep on doing whatever they used to do.

Humans are creatures of habit and that is probably something which does not change just because you have dropped your physical body. So, those who are gamblers may continue to be gamblers until they realise there is more to 'life' than gambling. That may take hundreds of Earth years, but eventually they will realise. The same with any other obsession - sex, alcohol, crime, etc. Why should it change ?

We can have dreams which take a few moments but which seem to take normal time in the dream state, so it is likely there is no concept of time outside our 3D reality.

If you believe that we are a spirit using a physical human container for a short Earth while, then we have an infinite amount of time to get it all right, so hundreds of years means nothing to a spirit in the middle of its enjoyable gambling obsession.

Old 11-13-2020, 11:28 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I've never smelled anything unusual. Never heard music, etc.

But, I've heard someone walking around upstairs, I've seen flashing lights and I don't think it's because of car lights...could be wrong though.

And I've heard a man cough, upstairs, when I'm the only one home. It's not everyday these things happen, only once in awhile. Could it have been a neighbor? Well, the neighbors live next door, and the noise came from upstairs.

I am not married to the idea that it's a ghost. There very well might be 'more logical' explanations. But it's a lot of weirdness. And mundane is good enough for me.
You have a haunted house. I don't normally just say that to people, btw.

I am sure you have lived enough to have experienced pipe noises, heater noises, car headlights, creaks, groans, etc ... Trust your instincts.

Old 11-13-2020, 04:52 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
The other thing you can try is to talk out loud to him when you think he might be there with you. Tell him firmly that this is your house now and he needs to move on. In your head, before you talk to him, ask for help in getting this guy to where he needs to be.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:07 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The other thing you can try is to talk out loud to him when you think he might be there with you. Tell him firmly that this is your house now and he needs to move on. In your head, before you talk to him, ask for help in getting this guy to where he needs to be.
I wasn't that polite. I told the guy who had difficulty getting his key in the lock then walk through my living room to go away. He always showed up when I was dozing on the couch. I shouted, "Stop it!". He did.

It wasn't an old house and I don't think that anyone died there. It was what it was. I wasn't the only one who heard him. My son, 12 or 13 at the time, was in his bedroom and called the neighbor and asked that she check the house and call the police if there was any indication of a break in. He was so freaked that he opened a widow and sat on the porch roof waiting for her. I never mentioned Mr. keys to my son, so that wasn't it.

Old 11-14-2020, 02:58 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Even if the house doesn’t have a history of hosting deaths, it could be that something occurred on the land upon which the house was built.

Old 11-15-2020, 07:04 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Even if the house doesn’t have a history of hosting deaths, it could be that something occurred on the land upon which the house was built.

Definitely too, which is how newly-built buildings can be haunted too!

Old 11-16-2020, 01:35 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
You have a haunted house. I don't normally just say that to people, btw.

I am sure you have lived enough to have experienced pipe noises, heater noises, car headlights, creaks, groans, etc ... Trust your instincts.

Thankyou for saying this. :-)

We've lived in this house 16 yrs, and yes, I'm familiar with the general noises a house makes as it's settling, or the wind blows, etc.

And for what it's worth, my husband has heard the walking around noises upstairs as well.

coschristi, thank you for assuming I have a brain. xoxoxo

Old 11-17-2020, 12:07 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Alright you all...

I'm home by myself, and 30 or 40 seconds ago, I heard a door close upstairs. Not slammed, just closed.

No windows open, and the heat or air isn't on either. Just sayin.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:56 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Alright you all...

I'm home by myself, and 30 or 40 seconds ago, I heard a door close upstairs. Not slammed, just closed.

No windows open, and the heat or air isn't on either. Just sayin.
Did you go up to check if a door actually closed? Or was just the sound of a door closing?

You know — I have a small hearing loss...I wonder if I would be able to hear things.

I would think if the door actually closed it would mean an active haunting. No door closed, residual. Think more like a recording happening over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal