Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 04:34 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times

Advertisements

A prank by a 2001 fan? Certainly out of place here. Was spotted by helicopter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.des...th-video-watch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2020, 05:46 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
A prank by a 2001 fan? Certainly out of place here. Was spotted by helicopter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.des...th-video-watch
Yeah, I saw that earlier today. I wonder how long it's been there? The earth around the base didn't look like it was recently dug, best I could tell.

Old 11-23-2020, 05:48 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,905 times
Could be a prop for an upcoming movie or TV commercial.

Old 11-23-2020, 06:44 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
The crew did not state that whether or not it felt solid or hollow. They did take a look at the top and might have made a decision about whether it was solid. Solid and steel or iron would mean many tons and would cost considerably more to 'plant' in that location. How it is secured into the stone is also interesting. It looks as if the stone was cut and removed for it to fit. That would mean there should have been signs of debris that was removed. Or maybe it is simply glued with a lot of super glue to the stone? Regardless it looked stationary when the one man climbed on the shoulders of the other to look at the top.

It is interesting and I would like to see more information about it because I am sure somebody will study it.

Old 11-24-2020, 05:31 AM

17,341 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The crew did not state that whether or not it felt solid or hollow. They did take a look at the top and might have made a decision about whether it was solid. Solid and steel or iron would mean many tons and would cost considerably more to 'plant' in that location. How it is secured into the stone is also interesting. It looks as if the stone was cut and removed for it to fit. That would mean there should have been signs of debris that was removed. Or maybe it is simply glued with a lot of super glue to the stone? Regardless it looked stationary when the one man climbed on the shoulders of the other to look at the top.

It is interesting and I would like to see more information about it because I am sure somebody will study it.
This thing is pretty large. Even if hollow, it would have taken a lot of money to make it, transport it and install it into the ground in the middle of practically nowhere so it was a pretty good effort sponsored by someone with deep pockets. If it's not hollow, the weight and cost of it would be huge at minimum.

Old 11-24-2020, 06:20 AM

23,592 posts, read 70,391,434 times
Movie prop, ad, or (more likely) art project.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:07 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This thing is pretty large. Even if hollow, it would have taken a lot of money to make it, transport it and install it into the ground in the middle of practically nowhere so it was a pretty good effort sponsored by someone with deep pockets. If it's not hollow, the weight and cost of it would be huge at minimum.
Like I said, if solid it could weigh tons. The hole it sits in is difficult to explain. I wish somebody would study how deep that hole goes. Somebody could have taken back a generator and stone saw and maybe cut that cube half a foot or a foot deep? Then they could have drilled a round hole in the middle of the cubical hole and installed a heavy round pipe to stabilize the monolith?

But I don't know. I am speculating and very curious how they pulled this one off? It looks like it might be stainless steel and that would even be more expensive.

Old 11-24-2020, 07:18 AM

4,938 posts, read 3,313,142 times
I asked the S/O if he is missing some piece of the stainless steel industrial items he makes.....showed him the picture of the monolith...........but he was in a hurry to leave more ships waiting for their consoles........not sure but it looks like brushed stainless steel.......

Old 11-24-2020, 08:56 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
IMo, it probably has something securing it to the ground, maybe like Fisheye said, a heavy pipe to anchor it?

I wonder if they noticed if there were any seams or was it solid (seamless) all around...if it has seams (panels), Id say it was someones art project or just something they wanted to place there...if it is seamless though, Im not sure what it is.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:13 AM

2,458 posts, read 2,476,905 times
Military, or other US Gov. is a possibility. I thought they always put up signs warning people not to stay away, but maybe not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal