Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 10:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
There is no reason why there should not be ALL kinds of different aliens from ALL different kinds of home-world environments. For example they may be able to 'grow' larger than us if their gravity is less and may be tiny 3cm tall beings if the gravity is more (if I got this correct?)

Add to that we dont HAVE to be all humanoid-looking too so for example, an alien could look like a rock and live for thousands of years and have no mobility at all on its home planet, although it probably would not be able to reach Earth in that case.

The aliens like in the film Contact - where they are somewhat octopus-like could easily be a possibility. Or..they could have no physical body at all as they have evolved to not need one. This might account for some of the UFO spacecraft we see which some say the craft themselves are intelligent and are just an extension of the alien itself.

A demon-looking/gargoyle being which we call 'ugly' could easily be a being from another galaxy. Just because we find this sight frightening does not make it 'bad' or 'evil' as you think of it. It is your religions which have placed this 'label' on this 'ugly-looking' being which is why you fear it so much.
I agree.

Ive said before, its probably a lot like Star Wars or Star Trek...LOTS of different races and civilizations out there, some are aware of each other, (some are not), some are more advanced/intelligent than others, some engage in commerce with other systems, (some do not).

Would be incredible to be able to travel to these places!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 11:59 AM

1,161 posts, read 466,362 times
Since we truly have no clue what the UFO phenomenon represents (I say this as someone with 50+ years in the field), it would be nonsensical to rule out any possibility. "The demonic" has always been recognized as one possibility, and this possibility is taken more seriously today by non-fundamentalist ufologists than at any time in my lifetime.

Replace "demonic" with "malevolent," "deceptive" or "deceptively malevolent" and you open the door to a much wider discussion without the religious overtones. Nothing has come from the UFO phenomenon to suggest that these possibilities should be ruled out.

I would frankly rather have those in government who are involved with the UFO phenomenon come at it from a perspective of deep skepticism, even to the extent of a bias toward the demonic/malevolent explanation, than from a perspective that we are dealing with benevolent Space Brothers.

The UFO phenomenon may, of course, have absolutely no motive or agenda; it may be an entirely neutral phenomenon. It may be, as Jacques Vallee suggested, a control system. But I believe the wiser course is to approach it with skepticism.

Old 12-24-2020, 06:16 PM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Yes, i agree that we should be careful. If rumours are correct and there is an agreement to allow some races to abduct and give the government numbers/names/etc, and technology I suspect the aliens are taking advantage of their superior position in the negotiations. It is difficult to negotiate with a more powerful race who can take anything they want, so any advantage humans can get through negotiation is better than none - if you are in the military game.

Now, it seems that only agreements have been done as far as military technology is concerned and nothing for the people - to make their life better. OK, so technology probably filters down after it has been developed by the military for killing purposes, but years and years later. Back to human greed, profit, and warmongering again and these aliens are just exploiting that human trait.

Old 12-25-2020, 07:52 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Yes, i agree that we should be careful. If rumours are correct and there is an agreement to allow some races to abduct and give the government numbers/names/etc, and technology I suspect the aliens are taking advantage of their superior position in the negotiations. It is difficult to negotiate with a more powerful race who can take anything they want, so any advantage humans can get through negotiation is better than none - if you are in the military game.

Now, it seems that only agreements have been done as far as military technology is concerned and nothing for the people - to make their life better. OK, so technology probably filters down after it has been developed by the military for killing purposes, but years and years later. Back to human greed, profit, and warmongering again and these aliens are just exploiting that human trait.

What?
What rumors?

Old 12-26-2020, 01:26 AM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
You haven't heard those rumours? Ahh, you need to keep your ears open for rumours. Often there is a little bit of truth in them. As they say...No smoke without fire.

No, actually a few books I have read have claimed that this was part of the agreement humans/aliens made. That well-known meeting that the President attended. He disappeared for a night when he was supposed to go to an official dinner. The next day, it was publicly reported that he had toothache and visited a dentist.

Old 12-27-2020, 11:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
You haven't heard those rumours? Ahh, you need to keep your ears open for rumours. Often there is a little bit of truth in them. As they say...No smoke without fire.

No, actually a few books I have read have claimed that this was part of the agreement humans/aliens made. That well-known meeting that the President attended. He disappeared for a night when he was supposed to go to an official dinner. The next day, it was publicly reported that he had toothache and visited a dentist.
There are a few variations of that supposed meeting between Eisenhower and the aliens, when this agreement was reached. I believe there is supposed to be pictures or video of this somewhere too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal