Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 10:49 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,268,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
So you are agreeing; no bears means no BF?
Bigfoot and bears don't get along.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 10:50 AM

23,596 posts, read 70,402,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, I believe in one of these threads, you had mentioned that some bears do come out during winter, (not the norm,but it does happen), and in theory, with all the leaves being off trees, 'thick' forests are not as thick during winter...meaning, it should be more likely for someone to see and possibly misidentify a bear...? right?

Of course, it has to be factored in, that much less people will be out in these forest areas during winter too, someone would have to be a die hard hiker, to go out during winter time!
There are some folks called "hunters." Hunting in areas where the leaves are down can be easier and safer. In the south, walking around in forest and brush is MUCH easier and enjoyable in winter. The sawbriars and poison ivy and kudzu take a break, and you are less likely to run into chiggers and fire ants.

In the north, a snowmobile or snowshoes makes some remote areas off trails more accessible. BTDT.

Old 12-22-2020, 09:43 AM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
All Gas No Breaks - Bigfoot Hunting With The Minnesota Bigfoot Research Team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsXhk1xmYAI

Lol

Hmm. Ever think maybe all those "weird" knocks, sounds and noises in the woods are just some dude out in the woods making a ruckus?!

The results are in!

Old 12-22-2020, 10:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

Hmm. Ever think maybe all those "weird" knocks, sounds and noises in the woods are just some dude out in the woods making a ruckus?!

The results are in!
What are the odds, if I go out to some deep forested area one day and start 'wood knocking' or 'whooping'...there would be some other dudes close enough and that would respond in the same way? lol

That is incredibly unlikely.

Old 12-22-2020, 11:31 AM

23,596 posts, read 70,402,242 times
Quote:
What are the odds, if I go out to some deep forested area one day and start 'wood knocking' or 'whooping'...there would be some other dudes close enough and that would respond in the same way? lol

Have you ever BEEN in the south? I think some of the game calls have recordings of T Rex mating calls and Star Wars tie fighter screams on them. Add beer, play loud, and instant pee yer pants fun.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:11 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:

What percentage of "squatchers" go to areas with an existing history of bigfoot reports, rather than taking off to some random location ("hey, let's go somewhere where no one has ever run into bigfoot before!!")? My guess is a majority of bigfoot trips are to areas known for their bigfoot reports. And those are precisely the sort of areas where you're more likely to hear other "squatchers" whoopin' and a-hollerin' and knocking a hickory branch against a tree.

Old 12-23-2020, 12:21 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
What percentage of "squatchers" go to areas with an existing history of bigfoot reports, rather than taking off to some random location ("hey, let's go somewhere where no one has ever run into bigfoot before!!")? My guess is a majority of bigfoot trips are to areas known for their bigfoot reports. And those are precisely the sort of areas where you're more likely to hear other "squatchers" whoopin' and a-hollerin' and knocking a hickory branch against a tree.
Many people that report hearing these things, did not specifically go out 'searching for Sasquatches' though, a large majority were just going hunting, camping or hiking, and just happen to hear these sounds.

While there are 'sasquatch hot spots'...these sounds have been reported in all kinds of random areas too.

Old 12-23-2020, 12:27 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
That whoopin' and hollerin' and knocking seem like a P.T. Barnum side show. I cannot believe that some believe this is how you call BF! It is a perfect setup for the believer to call other believers and continue the myth.

Old 12-23-2020, 12:46 PM

19,708 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post

Have you ever BEEN in the south? I think some of the game calls have recordings of T Rex mating calls and Star Wars tie fighter screams on them. Add beer, play loud, and instant pee yer pants fun.
Exactly! hahahhaha

Not to mention, how far sound actually travels, especially out in the boonies somewhere, or even up in the mountains.

Old 12-23-2020, 01:26 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
I was in a state park, upstate NY, massive acreage, just vast.
Anyway, I heard some clownshoes goofing around making the stereotypical whoops and hollers. They did a good job, sounded just like something you’d hear on the tv shows, but I knew it was not a Bigfoot and it was definitely some people out there making the sounds.
So, I’m absolutely sure this happens plenty in other remote areas and I’m sure that some would actually believe they heard a Bigfoot or whatever. And that’s that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal