Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 03:16 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

Could this have been a modern day version of Spring Heeled Jack? Maybe a sophosticated hoax by somone wanting to scare the town? One or two encounters spread by word of mouth and more sightings follow.

I actually liked the Richard Gere movie and thought the scene where Mothman called him was scary. There was a scene also where a mirrored door closed and Mothman could be seen for a moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 08:55 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
The Dogman research and Bigfoot research seems to be largely folks playing at it for TV programs. I am sure we will get to it (the end point) eventually, but at the moment nothing seems to be scientific enough and dedicated enough to produce a result. I cannot help feeling that if someone with money WANTED to get to the bottom of this mystery, then it would be fairly easy to do.

Maybe it IS all about money and so far no-one has put up enough money to pay for proper science to be done in the wilderness with scientists staying out there for weeks. To me, it seems everyone wants to get in there quickly, find a few good signs and then get out again and report their finds to the world. Kind-of "Look what I found" rather than "look what proof I have got".

It frustrates me that the hair samples, the eDNA, the IR camera footage are never going to be enough while we do not have access to the governments cache of knowledge. Maybe we should start to submit FOIAs about this subject rather than UFOs and aliens? We may come at the problem from a different angle and get some information on those other things as well as BF and DM.

Who is the go-to researcher on Dogman at the moment?

Old 01-13-2021, 10:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Any "real" animal will make a mistake. It will turn down a dead end alley, get caught on good trail cameras or security cameras, it will get hit and die crossing one of our very busy roads.

If you go with supernatural then you have to eliminate reports from people suffering from drug use or people with mental problems or even people with poor vision. As far as I know no one is testing any of the people making those reports.
Why could those people not see something supernatural?

We have discussed the 'credibility' aspect of this before, there are numerous reports from VERY 'credible people'...if you are going to immediately discount reports from non-credible folks, like those you referred to...that means, you would have to accept reports from CREDIBLE people as being real...right?

Oddly enough, one consistent detail that I have seen in sightings/encounters...the person is usually an experienced outdoorsman, hunter, etc, and they have spent a lot of time in wilderness areas, Many witnesses will makes comments to the effect of, " I have been hunting, camping,etc for 20+ years and have NEVER encountered something like this before".

Old 01-13-2021, 11:46 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why could those people not see something supernatural?

We have discussed the 'credibility' aspect of this before, there are numerous reports from VERY 'credible people'...if you are going to immediately discount reports from non-credible folks, like those you referred to...that means, you would have to accept reports from CREDIBLE people as being real...right?

Oddly enough, one consistent detail that I have seen in sightings/encounters...the person is usually an experienced outdoorsman, hunter, etc, and they have spent a lot of time in wilderness areas, Many witnesses will makes comments to the effect of, " I have been hunting, camping,etc for 20+ years and have NEVER encountered something like this before".
Harvey Weinstein was VERY 'CREDIBLE'! But we found out differently! People talking and telling us of their experiences does not make them credible. Evidence makes their stories credible.

The man that invited you to his property you said sounded very credible, but you saw nothing. That makes his stories no more credible than any other story.

You talk about you local Dogman case and so far all you have is one eye witness. Other eye witnesses would help, but you would still be a long way from proving that any mythical creature ran through the parking lot that night. Think of how you would try to prove a case in a court of law today. Footprints, DNA, eye witnesses, video and photos, - all of that comes into play. The way you present 'evidence' a lawyer would be jumping up an screaming: Hearsay!

Old 01-13-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Harvey Weinstein was VERY 'CREDIBLE'! But we found out differently! People talking and telling us of their experiences does not make them credible. Evidence makes their stories credible.

The man that invited you to his property you said sounded very credible, but you saw nothing. That makes his stories no more credible than any other story.

You talk about you local Dogman case and so far all you have is one eye witness. Other eye witnesses would help, but you would still be a long way from proving that any mythical creature ran through the parking lot that night. Think of how you would try to prove a case in a court of law today. Footprints, DNA, eye witnesses, video and photos, - all of that comes into play. The way you present 'evidence' a lawyer would be jumping up an screaming: Hearsay!
Well, Im not actually connected to the local case in anyway, Im just an 'enthusiast' who is interested, i dont have any 'legal rights' as far as obtaining police reports, or video, etc. Im not even sure I could get this report if the local police still had it...

This is why its so tough to get that rock solid evidence...( any that does exist, its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to obtain it, or even find out who has it)!

What do you think the local PD would tell me, if I went up demanding to know where this report and video was? LOL They would likely tell me to get lost or threaten to arrest me for being unruly.

While its not rock sold evidence, I think Im on to something extraordinary here, the facts so far points to something 'strange' taking place...if it just another run of the mill 'cryptid sighting'...why is not on all the cryptid databases anymore, (that lists encounters by state/year)? What makes it different than any other Dogman sighting?

Old 01-13-2021, 11:23 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Well, Im not actually connected to the local case in anyway, Im just an 'enthusiast' who is interested, i dont have any 'legal rights' as far as obtaining police reports, or video, etc. Im not even sure I could get this report if the local police still had it...

This is why its so tough to get that rock solid evidence...( any that does exist, its nearly IMPOSSIBLE to obtain it, or even find out who has it)!

What do you think the local PD would tell me, if I went up demanding to know where this report and video was? LOL They would likely tell me to get lost or threaten to arrest me for being unruly.

While its not rock sold evidence, I think Im on to something extraordinary here, the facts so far points to something 'strange' taking place...if it just another run of the mill 'cryptid sighting'...why is not on all the cryptid databases anymore, (that lists encounters by state/year)? What makes it different than any other Dogman sighting?
There’s a museum. It’s got copies of police reports. https://www.mothmanmuseum.com/mothman-museum.html

Old 01-14-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
There’s a museum. It’s got copies of police reports. https://www.mothmanmuseum.com/mothman-museum.html
The mothman case was alot more well known and popular than this case in my area.

I may be wrong, but Im fairly sure citizens do not have the right to see police reports, from incidents they were not even involved with in some way...?

Old 01-14-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
The mothman case was alot more well known and popular than this case in my area.

I may be wrong, but Im fairly sure citizens do not have the right to see police reports, from incidents they were not even involved with in some way...?
Well, one of the things that I am interested in is old time Hollywood celebrity stuff. You’d be surprised — there’s a lot of police reports out there and witness statements and stuff like that for celebrity deaths. You can find death certificates. After a certain amount of time they are available.

On ancestry, I can get death certificates from Pennsylvania from 1906 when they started doing that on a state wide level to 1967. A few years ago it was only 1963.

My sister just sent me the deed to our old house that we just sold for my mothers estate. Property, actually, we took the house down several years back. I’ve always been interested in who built that house. She gave me all the information on the deed, and I found the owners 1940 census where they lived before and his death certificate. I did not find a death certificate for her so she had to have died after 1967. The death certificate shows that they went to the same doctor that we did after we moved there. And the death certificate shows which cemetery he’s buried in. He is apparently buried in an unmarked grave because there is no listing for him in that cemetery. And I’ve searched other cemeteries and I can’t find them anywhere.

I’m going to move onto the previous owners of the land. One of them was a gentleman who actually went to the church that I went to growing up. So I’m familiar with him. It does look as if that parcel came from two larger parcels of land so there’s a whole different owner I have to research. This is what happens when a genealogist gets really tired of looking at the same old hints on ancestry.com for her own damn family.

But I digress, because I do that. The thing is if you’re near there, you could go check it out for like five bucks and see if there are police reports there. Like a lot of things, there are statutes at play where are you can actually probably request those things. And that’s what real research is. You go to the county courthouse and you start looking up deeds.

I just looked this regarding police reports. https://thelawdictionary.org/article...olice-reports/

Old 01-14-2021, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Well, one of the things that I am interested in is old time Hollywood celebrity stuff. You’d be surprised — there’s a lot of police reports out there and witness statements and stuff like that for celebrity deaths. You can find death certificates. After a certain amount of time they are available.

On ancestry, I can get death certificates from Pennsylvania from 1906 when they started doing that on a state wide level to 1967. A few years ago it was only 1963.

My sister just sent me the deed to our old house that we just sold for my mothers estate. Property, actually, we took the house down several years back. I’ve always been interested in who built that house. She gave me all the information on the deed, and I found the owners 1940 census where they lived before and his death certificate. I did not find a death certificate for her so she had to have died after 1967. The death certificate shows that they went to the same doctor that we did after we moved there. And the death certificate shows which cemetery he’s buried in. He is apparently buried in an unmarked grave because there is no listing for him in that cemetery. And I’ve searched other cemeteries and I can’t find them anywhere.

I’m going to move onto the previous owners of the land. One of them was a gentleman who actually went to the church that I went to growing up. So I’m familiar with him. It does look as if that parcel came from two larger parcels of land so there’s a whole different owner I have to research. This is what happens when a genealogist gets really tired of looking at the same old hints on ancestry.com for her own damn family.

But I digress, because I do that. The thing is if you’re near there, you could go check it out for like five bucks and see if there are police reports there. Like a lot of things, there are statutes at play where are you can actually probably request those things. And that’s what real research is. You go to the county courthouse and you start looking up deeds.

I just looked this regarding police reports. https://thelawdictionary.org/article...olice-reports/
I actually requested the police report for this awhile back, Erlanger PD told me the report had been transferred to a higher agency, and they did not have it anymore. (they didnt even tell me which 'higher agency' it was), Im just assuming FBI, but I guess it could be another.

I would bet obtaining case reports from the FBI or some other federal agency is not as easy as local PD reports!

And really, the fact the report for this incident was transferred to a higher authority, says something is probably significant!!...It basically just 'cryptid sighting'....pretty strange such a case would get tossed up to the federal level...there was NO crime even committed in this case...

My opinion, the Erlanger police saw something strange in the video they could not explain, or some federal agency got wind of it and seized the case, with the intent to make it go away...(wasnt long after that it disappeared from the online databases), I think its possible the federal agency is aware of what this thing was. The lady who was there that night, was VERY clear what she saw, she said its face was 'half human-half canine, it had a long snout'...I think her group of friends saw a REAL werewolf that night.

Last edited by rstevens62; 01-14-2021 at 11:43 PM..

Old 01-15-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I actually requested the police report for this awhile back, Erlanger PD told me the report had been transferred to a higher agency, and they did not have it anymore. (they didnt even tell me which 'higher agency' it was), Im just assuming FBI, but I guess it could be another.

I would bet obtaining case reports from the FBI or some other federal agency is not as easy as local PD reports!

And really, the fact the report for this incident was transferred to a higher authority, says something is probably significant!!...It basically just 'cryptid sighting'....pretty strange such a case would get tossed up to the federal level...there was NO crime even committed in this case...

My opinion, the Erlanger police saw something strange in the video they could not explain, or some federal agency got wind of it and seized the case, with the intent to make it go away...(wasnt long after that it disappeared from the online databases), I think its possible the federal agency is aware of what this thing was. The lady who was there that night, was VERY clear what she saw, she said its face was 'half human-half canine, it had a long snout'...I think her group of friends saw a REAL werewolf that night.
Why think it’s federal? Maybe state police? If they don’t have it, we have a federal freedom of information act. Then get the FBI involved.

I’m not saying there won’t be a fee, but if someone has it, you can get it. At the fed level it might be redacted.

Since I don’t know where you are, I don’t know the police chain. Should be easy enough to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal