Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 08:53 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I just read THE POSSIBILITY OF EVIL, THE WITCH, and THE SUMMER PEOPLE.
I'm going to have to read more Shirley Jackson -- only other thing I've read by her is The Lottery. The Haunting of Hill House is probably the best ghost story I've read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 06:42 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,436,873 times
Reminds me of 1974 TV movie Bad Ronald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgPT2WBRMlU

How could someone live in a secret attic room for so long without making any noise at all, without using the bathroom or eating, or having any method of entertainment?

Old 01-06-2021, 10:10 AM

10,895 posts, read 7,386,537 times
It sounds like they moved from that place years ago, and the daughter only knows what her mother told her. It makes for a lot of speculation, but it would be hard to get more facts.

Does the apartment still exist? Has anyone gone there to see the hidden room? Were later tenants affected?

Perhaps there were toxins or mold in the house that caused the daughter's night problems. No way to tell without better information.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:36 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
72I read there was only one way to get in, by the closet.
We don't know anything. We got an old third hand story and some of it did not make any sense, like the heay door plate. The mother said that it could only be lifted from the inside, but she said that she sent the brother to investigate. How did she find this room if it could only be lifted from the inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I get the impression that they think it might of been a ghost, since they mentioned her night terrors, sleepwalking, and sleep paralysis went away once they moved..
Why jump to ghost? Do ghost leave footprints? If this room did exist and there is a chance the whole story is made up, it is just more likely the room was there to hide a past tenants friend or family from the authorities.

Old 01-06-2021, 01:54 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Why jump to ghost? Do ghost leave footprints? If this room did exist and there is a chance the whole story is made up, it is just more likely the room was there to hide a past tenants friend or family from the authorities.
Well obviously, the room was used for something at some point. Supposedly there was a bed, a dresser and a pair of shoes. No doubt someone was living there. The son said that everything was covered in dirt and that the footprints only led to her room, but nowhere else. While the story might be a bit confusing, the fact that someone at some point stayed there is obvious. Was it someone that was trying to hide from the authorities? Was it an old relative they decided to "stow" away? Was it a child that had been kidnapped? Who knows, I'm not psychic. But it is interesting that they say there was so much dust, and a pair of footprints. So that tells me that nobody was staying there recently, and that the footprints might of been out of place. In other words, why would there be footprints if nobody was staying there? This is why I say it might of been a ghost. Yes, even of a ghost of someone who used to stay there that was hiding from the authorities, as you say. It is my belief that usually when a ghost haunts a place it's because they lived there previously when they were alive.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:51 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,016,586 times
Come on, you guys don't really believe this at all, do you?

1: "Only access is through heavy ceiling tile, inside a small closet".
2: Attic contains a BED and a DRESSER.

So, just HOW did they get the bed and dresser INTO the attic through the "small closet, and heavy ceiling tile entrance"?

Old 01-06-2021, 03:15 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
Come on, you guys don't really believe this at all, do you?

1: "Only access is through heavy ceiling tile, inside a small closet".
2: Attic contains a BED and a DRESSER.

So, just HOW did they get the bed and dresser INTO the attic through the "small closet, and heavy ceiling tile entrance"?

Excuse me, don't try to get logical with us. If the lady in the video says it happened, then it must of happened, OK?

Old 01-06-2021, 07:40 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Consider the source: TikTok. Same place that's presently encouraging teens to believe Helen Keller never existed, or if she did, she could not have possibly written all those books (Twelve!! Wow, it's so hard to even read TWELVE books, who on earth could write twelve books??) and understand how to communicate, much less meet all those (other) famous people and do all the other things "they" say she did.

Sad. Yet many TikTokking teens refuse to believe in Helen Keller's reality, while equally readily accepting tales like this one.

Odd things can certainly be found in attics, but they don't get there unassisted, and there's almost always a logical reason for their presence there. This story smacks of someone's effort at creative writing.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:20 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
I'm sure we've all heard news stories from time to time about this kind of thing.

I personally never wanted a house w/ an attic or basement anyway.

By the way, on the Lifetime Movie Network cable channel, they made a movie about a simiilar situation. IT might even be based on a true story:

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/stalker-in-the-attic

Old 01-06-2021, 10:33 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
People have found folks living in their attics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=man+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal