U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 11:31 PM

28,124 posts, read 10,580,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
Those grants really aren't that hard to get. It is more about who you know and filling out the correct paperwork. You would be amazed if you knew all the beyond silly stuff tax payers are funding.
Well, the only reason Harry Reid 'assisted' Bigelow and got him the grant money was because Reid was hoping it would lead to tech advances for the military and for weapons...Honestly, that is probably why Bigelow claims to be interested in this stuff too, I doubt its about the discovery itself, or finding out about other civilizations or other dimensions, he wants to use whatever he finds to make him more money.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 11:35 PM

28,124 posts, read 10,580,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Most people do not bother to find out how to do this and yet they complain when the guys who do, get the benefits.

If you dont like the system - then change it. Mainly, we deserve what we get because we have been too lazy to change it or we look the other way (in the case of dodgy people, priests, politicians, movie stars, rich people, messing with kids or financial irregularities).

I am not saying Bigelow is warped, but I am saying that we should not moan about the situation we have got ourselves (as a population) into and too lazy to get ourselves out of.
I agree with you, but the problem is, it would take A LOT of people, all coming together, similar to the American Revolution, (at least 1/3 of the population in the US)...any less and the govt will squash the effort within hours.

Our Constitution does give us the ability to remove a govt from power...but the catch is, we actually have to stand up and do it...( a scenario like this would look a lot like domestic terrorism on the surface too!)

Old 11-15-2021, 06:21 AM

6,674 posts, read 5,884,130 times
Not many people know that ALL KINDS of powers are enacted as soon as the President declares a State of National Emergency. Some really ridiculous powers which are "just in case they are needed" kind of thing.

If I remember correctly, I think it was this series, but watch "While the Rest of Us Die" which is very informative about the old Nuclear bomb/Cold War times and the Continuation of Government measures in the case of what they consider an emergency.

Good luck with removing any government from power because they probably ALL have the same secret powers they can impose if things get too bad.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:35 AM

21,750 posts, read 25,785,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree with you, but the problem is, it would take A LOT of people, all coming together, similar to the American Revolution, (at least 1/3 of the population in the US)...any less and the govt will squash the effort within hours.
No. It is possible to change things without an all-out coup d'etat.

Old 11-16-2021, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
No. It is possible to change things without an all-out coup d'etat.
How? Why is the system so broken then if it is possible to change things?

It seems to me that the lobbyists and large companies have pretty much got things sown up. Industry has whole lobby structure to get what they want and continue to lobby, 'donate' to campaigns and take part and influence any investigations etc. I am sure they influence the policy makers in numerous ways to get what they want as well as paying for scientific reports and papers to be produced in favour of their industry.

Lets just take the justice system as an example. Where are all the kiddi-fiddlers prosecutions which should be happening. Not only that but the Epstein / Maxwell issue still has not been resolved yet.

Old 11-16-2021, 06:53 AM

21,750 posts, read 25,785,715 times
Quote:
It seems to me that the lobbyists and large companies have pretty much got things sown up. Industry has whole lobby structure to get what they want and continue to lobby, 'donate' to campaigns and take part and influence any investigations etc. I am sure they influence the policy makers in numerous ways to get what they want as well as paying for scientific reports and papers to be produced in favour of their industry.
Yup. Totally true.

Quote:
How? Why is the system so broken then if it is possible to change things?
Things are so broken because most people, by and large, either don't care or are too busy trying to survive that they can't take the time to try to change things. But just as a suggestion, I can think of a few things anyone could do before they decide to pick up a gun, don a buffalo hat, and start a revolution. Like ...

Run for office. Don't think you're going to get into Congress. You probably won't --- at least not without selling your soul. Start small. Run for city council or the school board. Make real, substantive changes in your local community. If things go well, work your way up from there.

Organize. Beat the bad guys at their own game. Pool other like-minded people, their money, and their votes to lobby members of Congress. The first and greatest thing to affect real, substantive change would be to get money out of politics. Call "campaign contributions" what our founding fathers called it: Bribery. Make it illegal and punishable by severe fines and prison time. Publicly fund elections, so that our elected officials are accountable to their constituents, not their corporate handlers.

Anyway, I'd try both of those and some other things besides before I started using violence to tear up the country. The last time a violent revolution didn't actually end in dictatorship was ... what? 1776? Coup d'etats don't exactly have a good track record for bringing power to the people.

Old 11-24-2021, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Coup d'etats don't exactly have a good track record for bringing power to the people.
I am not advocating a revolution. However, there have been many countries who have overthrown their governments with a show of force by the people. OK, most often it is by the military take control and place their own general in the top spot. I do agree though that people just cannot be bothered to get off their chair and turn off the TV and as it is going with more and more restrictions, it will be too late before we realize we cannot move even if we wanted to.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:26 PM

The essays have been posted now.

Link to Winners Essays

It is obvious that the government (through Bigelow) will want to investigate the study of consciousness since it is said that some ET craft are directed by thought. Some reports even place the craft themselves as having consciousness - kind of AI I assume, but I think there is no knowing just how advanced civilizations which are many hundreds, thousands, or even millions of years ahead of us may be.

Some of the judges are people who have long worked for the government and can report any "interesting" nuggets of information which may be useful. For example, Kit Green is a scientist who has been involved in some highly classified projects, but I suppose it is natural that Bigelow will know this type of highly qualified person.

By investigating consciousness there is a possibility that we will open up new worlds and new realities but I hope the government realise they cannot be top dog there, although I suppose they probably think they can bring back weapons ideas they can use here in their "fight against terrorism". Really, there are some sick-minded people out there, I just hope that the study and practice of consciousness will heal them and help them have a different perspective.

I think when you eventually get into those worlds, there are other priorities which do not involve military action against other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal