Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 12:21 AM

7 posts, read 3,950 times

Advertisements

Hello,
First I want to thank you for even taking the time to read this. We recently installed Nanny cams in our kids bedrooms. I have noticed orbs right away, at first I dismissed them as possible dust particles as they had no definitive pattern and didn't seem to linger long. Well this was a few weeks ago and we tend to bless the house regularly as my daughter (7 years) tends to be sensitive. She can feel EVERYTHING from day to day emotions from others to what we cannot always seem to see. She also has nightmares most nights. I do pray with her and for her as we do carry a spiritual type of belief system and I grew up Christian. I have noticed just this week that the orbs seem to be in the girls room only... We live in a three bedroom town house and have one room for the boys and anther for the girls. The camera in the boys room has not once shown any type of orbs or dust particles floating around. My girls room however seems to show an abundance of them. I have been checking their camera periodically each night for the past week and I have started to notice a pattern. When my youngest (7 year old) is away from home there is not ONE orb or dust particle floating in the room. However, when she is home I can find up to 5 easily. They all seem to have their own pattern and fly all over the place, mainly around her bed. Their room does not face the street or the parking garage so it is not cars passing by. I have tried to reason it away but I am at a point where I can't anymore... I can't seem to find anything online to help either. I don't know what to do anymore and I NEED HELP. I wouldn't bother if they weren't affecting her but they are. She absolutely refuses to be upstairs alone. And the thought of being in her room without her big sister is OUT OF THE QUESTION, to the point where she will through a big fit until I cave and have her sister sit in there with her while she is dressing for the day or getting ready for bed. Did I mention the nightmares?? It's rare when she doesn't crawl into bed with me due to being woken up by a nightmare. I always talk to her about the dream and let her cuddle with me to feel better. I understand her fear because I grew up with all the same fears and feelings. So I know she's not crazy... I feel so incredibly helpless not being able to help my child and I need help....

Last edited by Worried_Mom; 03-11-2021 at 12:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2021, 08:58 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
It's dust, maybe the light in your daughters room is different, it will reflect all the dust and it will stand out. The rest is just what's called "confirmation bias". I actually find it more strange that your other rooms don't have dust, which is almost impossible. But again, it could be light or the lack of.

Get a good room Air filter/ionizer to clear up all that dust.

Old 03-11-2021, 09:17 AM

102,184 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Nightmares in the middle of the night can be caused by sleep apnea. Some kids do have it. You could consider getting her a sleep evaluation, but she'd have to spend the night in a hospital bedroom alone, wired up electronically to measure her brain waves and other indicators. That may not go over well with her, until maybe she's a little older. Insurance usually covers it, btw.

Old 03-11-2021, 09:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
You mentioned nightmares and bad dreams...could you describe some of them she has had, and/or if the nightmares are always the same, (or similar themes)?

Old 03-11-2021, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It's dust, maybe the light in your daughters room is different, it will reflect all the dust and it will stand out. The rest is just what's called "confirmation bias". I actually find it more strange that your other rooms don't have dust, which is almost impossible. But again, it could be light or the lack of.

Get a good room Air filter/ionizer to clear up all that dust.
If it was simple dust, it would be present whether or not the youngest was in the room or not.

There was another poster that had something similar going on, with a young baby, the orbs would only show up and be active if the child was in the room.

Old 03-11-2021, 10:32 AM

215 posts, read 127,162 times
Years ago when my kid and I were going through a very difficult ....thing....a person who we loved and who was helping us passed away.... I did begin to photograph these orbs. They were not in all pictures but in our house and when we , but especially my kid, was in the photo.

Once when I took my kid to the mall and took a photo, orbs appeared all over my kid ONLY.

Eventually, when we were through the crisis, the orbs stopped appearing...

Old 03-11-2021, 10:40 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If it was simple dust, it would be present whether or not the youngest was in the room or not.

There was another poster that had something similar going on, with a young baby, the orbs would only show up and be active if the child was in the room.
It increases when a person is present because the dust gets "kicked up" from the surface (beds and furniture) due to activity.

Guys, it's just dust. Orbs where never ever a thing in regards to the supernatural until digital photography and cameras in the 90s, due to advanced lenses, and just the ability of the consumer to take a picture of EVERYTHING.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolona1721 View Post
Years ago when my kid and I were going through a very difficult ....thing....a person who we loved and who was helping us passed away.... I did begin to photograph these orbs. They were not in all pictures but in our house and when we , but especially my kid, was in the photo.

Once when I took my kid to the mall and took a photo, orbs appeared all over my kid ONLY.

Its my opinion, that the orbs feed off negative energy in some way.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It increases when a person is present because the dust gets "kicked up" from the surface (beds and furniture) due to activity.

Guys, it's just dust. Orbs where never ever a thing in regards to the supernatural until digital photography and cameras in the 90s, due to advanced lenses, and just the ability of the consumer to take a picture of EVERYTHING.
If it was just dust, airflow would determine its activity level and path...also, dust would not gather around certain people or objects.

Old 03-11-2021, 12:25 PM

102,184 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apolona1721 View Post

Well, this leads me to conjecture, that the orbs may be a result of anxiety and other high emotions in her energy field.

C'mon, you people who are saying it's just dust (I'm not averse to that explanation, but): what do you make of the bolded and the underlined?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal