U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 04:48 PM

3,451 posts, read 1,318,020 times

Advertisements

however unlikely it is that they are both mentally ill - it is infinitely more likely than that EITHER OF THEM were possessed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 06:58 PM

16,940 posts, read 13,449,160 times
I doubt it was possession of any sort. I think that if both of them were hearing voices, seeing things, and if this all happened very suddenly, then is it a possibility that they were drugged in some way? LSD, mushrooms, some other substance they ate or drank? Maybe without realizing it.

It's also possible that the wife was hearing/seeing things and told her husband, who then secretly used that to attack her because he actually didn't want to be married to her anymore. I know you say that you know them very well, but when it comes to these things between husband and wife, sometimes even their friends don't know what his or her real feelings are.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:17 PM

28,124 posts, read 10,626,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I doubt it was possession of any sort. I think that if both of them were hearing voices, seeing things, and if this all happened very suddenly, then is it a possibility that they were drugged in some way? LSD, mushrooms, some other substance they ate or drank? Maybe without realizing it.

It's also possible that the wife was hearing/seeing things and told her husband, who then secretly used that to attack her because he actually didn't want to be married to her anymore. I know you say that you know them very well, but when it comes to these things between husband and wife, sometimes even their friends don't know what his or her real feelings are.
Im not sure if you were on this board in the past when we have discussed drug use and hallucinations...if not...Back in my late teens and early 20s, i did BOOKS of acid, and mushrooms as well. NEVER once did I have a hallucination where I saw something that 'wasnt there'....the 'hallucinations' from these drugs is more subtle, like, you will see tracers from cars driving at night...its not like you will see a pink elephant running down the street, drugs dont work like that. ( The younger me wishes they did though!!)

Old 03-31-2021, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Im not sure if you were on this board in the past when we have discussed drug use and hallucinations...if not...Back in my late teens and early 20s, i did BOOKS of acid, and mushrooms as well. NEVER once did I have a hallucination where I saw something that 'wasnt there'....the 'hallucinations' from these drugs is more subtle, like, you will see tracers from cars driving at night...its not like you will see a pink elephant running down the street, drugs dont work like that. ( The younger me wishes they did though!!)
Movies and tv shows would have people believing otherwise.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:37 PM

1,939 posts, read 988,546 times
Quote:
Movies and tv shows would have people believing otherwise.
So would anybody that has done real LSD.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
So would anybody that has done real LSD.
I've never done any drugs so I wouldn't know. Are you saying it's possible the couple was on some LSD, perhaps? This might explain why they were hallucinating.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:03 PM

1,939 posts, read 988,546 times
Quote:
I've never done any drugs so I wouldn't know. Are you saying it's possible the couple was on some LSD, perhaps? This might explain why they were hallucinating.
I really doubt they were on LSD.

Old 04-01-2021, 01:56 AM

28,124 posts, read 10,626,580 times
Quote:
LSD is more of a mental 'experience' ( rather than visual hallucinations).

At least thats been my experience with the drug, and the many friends I had in those days, the closest thing to visual hallucinations for me, was once seeing my Gfs cat jump down from a ledge and land on the ground in front of me and my friend, the cat had 'sparkles' all around it, and tracers, from when it had jumped...(its somewhat hard to explain), the cat still looked like a cat, and we knew it was a cat, (even though we were both on about 12 doses each of VERY powerful white window pane, it didnt have purple fur, or wings, or anything crazy. lol

Another thing I will say about Acid...the type of experience you got, was significantly dependent on people you were around at the time, and whether the vibes were good, Although infrequent, I have seen and experienced negative experiences...I watched EMTs strap my friend to a gurney one night, he was flipping out very bad, I also had a bad experience when my GF at the time, came and tried to sit on my lap, its like I was seeing deep into her soul and I could see how needy she was, and it just made me sick, I couldnt be around her after this, even when I came down from the drug, those feelings remained...it was very strange, because before that, I truly enjoyed her company and really liked her...that one little act of her doing that, did something to me mentally, I still cannot explain that.

I would NEVER do acid today (at my age though), I dont think it would be a good experience like it was then.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:10 PM

15 posts, read 9,742 times
Believe me when i say i know them more than anyone else. They were consuming some cannabis occasionaly. No other substances.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:11 PM

15 posts, read 9,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
It's not God that is in him. Something else. How long have they been in Canada?
19 months
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal