Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 09:59 AM

111 posts, read 98,326 times

Advertisements

I just moved into a new apartment complex last week and ever since then, I've been experiencing some things that are strange, to say the very least.

On my first night in my new apartment, I was just sitting in my living room when I heard something hitting my sliding screen door leading to the outside porch. At first I just let it play out to see what happened and it stopped after a while. I took a look outside and the porch was littered with tiny rocks. Someone had been throwing these rocks at the door and I didn't know what to make of it other than some jerk messing around.

Then came a couple of nights later when I was taking out my garbage and I felt something hit me in the back. It was another tiny rock and when I began looking around to find who was doing it, I saw a small figure peeking out from behind the tire of someone's car. I first assumed a small animal, but then it bolted out and I could see clear as day (even though it was evening at the time) that it was a small biped. It ran underneath a bunch of cars parked next to each other and I lost sight as it turned a corner towards one of the complex pools. I just ran back to my apartment and didn't know what to think.

I've been looking around on the internet and asking one of my close friends about it. Strangely enough, all signs seem to point to one thing: Gnomes. My friend is from Mexico and he says that gnomes (or "duendes" as they're called in Mexican folklore) are very real and that they stalk people at night, sometimes playfully and sometimes maliciously. He claims to have seen one in Mexico and a lot of my internet research yields similar tales.

What do you make of this? Does any of this make any sense to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 10:05 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,273,802 times
I don't know about gnomes, but I may have had a run-in with a dishwasher fairie.

Several years ago I was unloading the clean dishes from the dishwasher. One of the wine glasses had somehow gotten its base wedged between the plastic rack of the dishwasher. I had one hand already full of clean stuff and couldn't manage to get the stuck wine glass out with my free hand without fear of breaking the glass. So I set it back down very carefully, turned around to put away the other glasses, and when I turned around the previously stuck wine glass was standing straight up in the the dishwasher rack, completely unstuck and free.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That36guy View Post
I just moved into a new apartment complex last week and ever since then, I've been experiencing some things that are strange, to say the very least.

On my first night in my new apartment, I was just sitting in my living room when I heard something hitting my sliding screen door leading to the outside porch. At first I just let it play out to see what happened and it stopped after a while. I took a look outside and the porch was littered with tiny rocks. Someone had been throwing these rocks at the door and I didn't know what to make of it other than some jerk messing around.

Then came a couple of nights later when I was taking out my garbage and I felt something hit me in the back. It was another tiny rock and when I began looking around to find who was doing it, I saw a small figure peeking out from behind the tire of someone's car. I first assumed a small animal, but then it bolted out and I could see clear as day (even though it was evening at the time) that it was a small biped. It ran underneath a bunch of cars parked next to each other and I lost sight as it turned a corner towards one of the complex pools. I just ran back to my apartment and didn't know what to think.

I've been looking around on the internet and asking one of my close friends about it. Strangely enough, all signs seem to point to one thing: Gnomes. My friend is from Mexico and he says that gnomes (or "duendes" as they're called in Mexican folklore) are very real and that they stalk people at night, sometimes playfully and sometimes maliciously. He claims to have seen one in Mexico and a lot of my internet research yields similar tales.

What do you make of this? Does any of this make any sense to you?
Ive heard some convincing accounts of 'duendes' too... Not sure what to make of it, originally I blew these reports off as being hoaxes or mis interpretations, but the more I heard, this seemed to be a real phenomenon.

Im beginning to think all these different entities are the same thing, just manifesting in different forms.

Old 04-01-2021, 05:45 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
You should try to get a camera and get video footage. Aim the camera at a flowerpot outside and try leaving gifts for them? (after all, you want to be friends with them - if they actually exist) Maybe food, fruit, sweets, colourful beads, anything you can think of which might be interesting to them. You might be the one who proves these things exist if you can consistently get video of them. There are many races who claim little people are real.

Old 04-01-2021, 07:56 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive heard some convincing accounts of 'duendes' too... Not sure what to make of it, originally I blew these reports off as being hoaxes or mis interpretations, but the more I heard, this seemed to be a real phenomenon.

Im beginning to think all these different entities are the same thing, just manifesting in different forms.
My wife is from Peru and believes in duendes.

I absolutely do not.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I would not be surprised if MANY more people saw these things, but never said anything about it, either because they fear people will call them crazy, or they may not even believe what they saw with their own eyes.

Old 04-03-2021, 01:36 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I do.

Old 04-03-2021, 09:24 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,129,439 times
This story reminds me of an episode of Ghost Adventures in Ireland, where a full spectrum camera caught small black figures that seemed to be following the guys. It was amazing to see, and knowing all the folklore and legends surrounding leprechauns, makes you wonder.

The camera doesn’t lie, so there was no way to debunk this. OP, why not buy an outdoor camera and put it where you saw the figure?

Old 04-03-2021, 11:15 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
It’s all true. Travelocity employed a Gnome for years in their ad campaign.

Old 04-03-2021, 03:24 PM

2,461 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I would not be surprised if MANY more people saw these things, but never said anything about it, either because they fear people will call them crazy, or they may not even believe what they saw with their own eyes.
There's no doubt about that. I'd say it also applies to over 90% of all things paranormal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal