Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 09:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
At the end of the day, what do y'all think is the best explanation for the mutilations? Is it the same cause or are there multiple different groups who all happen to be into cutting up cows?
I believe its one thing causing all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 11:01 AM

2,459 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I believe its one thing causing all of them.
The only thing that possibly makes sense is Gov. testing. Even that theory has a lot of holes.

Old 04-28-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
The only thing that possibly makes sense is Gov. testing. Even that theory has a lot of holes.
Govt wouldnt need to resort to such things if they were doing testing...how could they document the testing doing it this way, what would the final reports look like? plus there would need to be too many people involved in it, the more people that know a secret, the less likely it remains a secret.

The only capacity I see Govt any part in this, is if its part of the larger plan to make people think 'aliens' are here on earth, and may be a threat...I would not be surprised if this topic comes up as the govt becomes more transparent about UFOs.

Other than that theory, Im not sure what it could be, I do think its something 'not normal or natural' though.

Old 04-28-2021, 04:33 PM

2,459 posts, read 2,477,919 times
Nothing new here, but I thought I'd post since it has most of the elements of a classic mutilation:

https://www.columbiacommunityconnect...cow-mutilation

Old 04-28-2021, 06:59 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
* I did not forget about a certain poster here, that thinks its very large birds...while I can accept these birds are out there, I dont think they are responsible for 'cattle mutilations'...Mainly because if they were, there would be LOTS more of these incidents, (the birds would nest nearby the largest cattle herds).
Because i don't think they stay in one area very long & likely supplement with large game. I saw an aged carcass left in an improbable place just a few weeks ago ... I know the area well & I know where the deer & Bighorn graze. They avoid that particular region like the plague. It was on a super steep hill. I suppose a big cat could have drug it up there & it was a skeleton with hide left on the legs. Obviously predation from the usual suspects. But we have HUGE herds here that could feed a large bird passing through quite well.

The weirder thing was the single deer leg laying at the bottom of a 400 ft cliff I saw last month. Nothing else, just half a leg with the hide & hoof still on.

Old 04-28-2021, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Nothing new here, but I thought I'd post since it has most of the elements of a classic mutilation:

https://www.columbiacommunityconnect...cow-mutilation
Its interesting that NO predators will go near it...this detail has been in many other mutilation cases too though, and backs up my suspicions that animals can sense 'strange things'.

This pretty much rules out 'govt' too, but it doesnt exactly scream aliens either.

Cattle mutilations in general dont even scream 'aliens' to me...whats the point for them to do this over and over again, to so many cows? I guess it could be possible its meant to scare us...but scare us of what exactly...farming livestock? eating meat? LOL

Add me to the list of those baffled!

Old 04-29-2021, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Because i don't think they stay in one area very long & likely supplement with large game. I saw an aged carcass left in an improbable place just a few weeks ago ... I know the area well & I know where the deer & Bighorn graze. They avoid that particular region like the plague. It was on a super steep hill. I suppose a big cat could have drug it up there & it was a skeleton with hide left on the legs. Obviously predation from the usual suspects. But we have HUGE herds here that could feed a large bird passing through quite well.

The weirder thing was the single deer leg laying at the bottom of a 400 ft cliff I saw last month. Nothing else, just half a leg with the hide & hoof still on.
Why would such large birds leave so much meat behind? surely they have young at times to feed?

The bits and pieces taken during one of these mutilations is not alot of food.

Plus, in many of these cases, no other predators will go near the carcass...if the large bird is done with it, why would other predators keep away?

Old 04-29-2021, 04:45 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times
Quote:

The only capacity I see Govt any part in this, is if its part of the larger plan to make people think 'aliens' are here on earth, and may be a threat...
This seems to be the most plausible explanation put forth other than the possibility that most of these are not mutilations at all and have simple explanations. I imagine more than a few have been hoaxes and some just old-fashioned cattle rustling. It's a big leap to go to aliens behind it.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:09 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
This seems to be the most plausible explanation put forth other than the possibility that most of these are not mutilations at all and have simple explanations. I imagine more than a few have been hoaxes and some just old-fashioned cattle rustling. It's a big leap to go to aliens behind it.
Cows bloat if they eat too much clover. It can kill a cow in a very short period of time, you can look it up. When a cow dies of the bloat the internal gases can cause the skin to split resembling a surgical cut - that has been documented. That same internal gas pressure will force out the soft tissue (eyes, tongue, anus, sexual organs). Insects and scavengers can then get a quick meal.

Sure, there can be other factors, like human involvement. But people that like to point to the unknown have no way to limit themselves to just the unknown, they love to lump everything together to prove their point. Like everything else paranormal the vast majority of these 'mutilations' point to natural causes. The believers would have more credibility if they could restrict themselves to the truly unknown - but that will never happen.

Old 04-29-2021, 06:46 AM

1,073 posts, read 1,797,116 times
Quote:
Odd how certain areas are more prone to these mutilations, and that they come and go in waves. It reminds me of UFO sightings and how they come in waves, or "flaps" as they are sometimes called.
I have wondered if UFO sightings, mutilations and Bigfoot are all somehow related to each other. It is quite a mystery, don't know if we'll ever know but I wish we could know more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal