Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 10:16 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,349,753 times

Advertisements

"I agree but I think it's going to serve as the beginning of a long public discussion on the issue that could someday bring us to a shared revelation of that magnitude."

Having been born/raised Roman-Catholic, I find it not just a little-bit ironic, that you would choose to use that word: 'Revelation'.

Over the past few years, I have found myself spending a fair amount of time (of late) watching with great interest several religious-sermons, broadcast by 7th-Day Adventist-Church, on 3ABN channel...

...this after nearly a full-decade of watching (nearly) every episode I could catch, of 'Ancient-Aliens' on the History Channel.

I find my thoughts on 'Religion' and 'Ancient-Alien' theory beginning to coelesce into a single, UNIFIED theory...

...one which leads me to fully-believe that 'That which created & sowed the seeds of LIFE' here on Earth, almost surely COULD not, and WOULD not have simply 'stopped' with this one, puny little planet.

Whoever, WHATEVER 'It' was...Creates...and because it CAN, that's what it DOES...

...and once it finishes creating something here, it moves-on...and continues-creating elsewhere.

'It' very likely feels a desire to check-in & monitor the progress of previous-creations, it has left-behind in it's various-travels, throughout the cosmos...

...but rather than cause unnecessary panic & destruction (as direct-result of it's 'sudden-appearance' in the midst of it's 'UN-woke' sentient-lifeforms) 'it' chooses instead, to send an EMMISARY to live & move-among a (certain, specific) key-population, of said-lifeforms.

I believe one such emmisary was born (of 'miraculous' circumstances) and grew-up to walk among our ancient-forefathers, and did what little he could, to help us learn to 'evolve-past' our various shortcomings...

...before being rudely tossed-aside, and summarily executed in a most heinious-way.

Before leaving us, that individual was known (and VERY well-documented) to say: "I WILL be back...and you will see me coming amongst the CLOUDS."

Of ALL the various 'tribes' of this Earth, which one stands-out as one which has A.L.W.A.Y.S. had a closely-held belief in a 'Higher-Being', which watches-over the Earth ?

I won't name-names, or point fingers, but there is one particular piece of real-estate which countless MILLIONS have fought & shed thier lives for, since humans settled there, GUIDED-BY a 'certain-something' which many people seem to have conveniently-forgotten, or carelessly mislabel as 'myth'. over the course of history.

That real-estate is better-lnown as the Al Aqsa Mosque...otherwise known as the 'Dome of the Rock'.

For various (complicated) reasons, no less than THREE of the world's largest religious-faiths belief-systems converge, on that building, it's very foundation, and that 'rocky outcrop' it supports & protects.

Despite a continual-rise in 'radical left-wing, liberal-progressive/secular-humanism on ALL sides of that building, the various-peoples who gather & pray there, continue to believe in 'Something MUCH BIGGER then ALL of us'...

...and so this is why a certain section, of a certain well-known book is titled: 'The Book of Revelations'.

Something 'Big' is GOING to happen there.

I think what one finds laid-out in those pages, is an exquisitly & carefully crafted prophesy (albeit rather 'cryptically', I might add) of an inevitable 'Visitation' by two (or more ?) Extraterrestrial-Beings...

...ALL of which were ALSO created by 'It', prior to Earth being seeded by Humanity, and/or any/all other lifeforms which exist no more (destroyed by an ancient 'flood' ?) many of which still exist to this day...including us.

We are NOT alone...we have never BEEN, alone.

A quick flip through the news channels, pausing only long enough to catch a discussion or two between various 'talking-heads', is all it takes to figure out that ONCE AGAIN, we (as a species) are literally circling the event-horizon of our own, self-immolation.

The weather, rise in ambient temperatures, drought, famines, deadly-disease, increase in worldwide destructive-earthquakes (at or above 7.0 on richter-scale), increase in fireballs skimming through our upper atmosphere, the sheer number of 'near earth objects' flying between our planet & our moon, increase in fluctuations of our 'parent-star' (ie: The Sun) prove she is moving from burning Helium to Hydrogen...

...etc, etc, etc...

Our time is growing short...and one wonders what happens if 'something' IS found by rovers crawling over the surface of Mars...or if the 'WOW' signal (from the 'Dog-Star' ?) is diciphered, and is determined to be of 'intelligent-origin' ?

The ice-moons 'Io' and 'Encedalus' are soon to be landed-on, drilled-into & investigated...

...where there is ice, there is (surely) liquid-water to be found...

And finally, there are all these Mutant, Meta (Enhanced) Human, Superhero-Movies & TV-shows being literally RAMMED down our throats, over the course of the past 50-60 years or so, with increased-intensity since Roswell...

One would think we ARE being systematically-prepared (and/or 'de-sensitized') for something...

...so that we won't panic, when it finally happens ?

'They' will let us know of their existance, when they are reasonably-certain, we are READY for it.

That is what I believe.

Last edited by Ltdumbear; 05-24-2021 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 10:24 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
We are merely days away from the government finally admitting that there is likely other far advanced intelligent life visiting this earth.
Maybe. I think it's much more likely the explanation will be that they don't have an explanation, but the things don't seem to pose a threat to national security.

Old 05-24-2021, 11:51 AM

1,049 posts, read 960,547 times
I really wanted to believe in the Roswell crash being Aliens. But the more and more I researched about it, the more I came to the most logical conclusion. That it was a spy balloon that crashed and it was important for the US Military of the time to keep it under wraps to avoid Soviet counter-intel.

As for the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951 - another Cold War Era tact to protect US Military interests from foreign powers. This was post-World War II and the Cold War was starting to heat up. Remember that during WW2 the US went to great lengths to keep the Manhattan Project secret.

With regards to the rapid advancement of our technology after 1950, why not look at the 50 years proceeding? We went from barely using electricity and riding horses to driving cars, flying in jets, watching TV, etc. in less than 50 years. There is no doubt the 20th century was remarkable in terms of human achievement, but I don't think it has to do with Aliens. I think it has more to do with the fact that once one life-changing technology is invented, it opens the door to hundreds of other possible inventions that could have tremendous impact.

The discovery of electricity was obviously one of those things that dramatically changed the world and led to rapid advancements.

Old 05-24-2021, 01:51 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongStreet View Post
I really wanted to believe in the Roswell crash being Aliens. But the more and more I researched about it, the more I came to the most logical conclusion. That it was a spy balloon that crashed and it was important for the US Military of the time to keep it under wraps to avoid Soviet counter-intel.

As for the Invention Secrecy Act of 1951 - another Cold War Era tact to protect US Military interests from foreign powers. This was post-World War II and the Cold War was starting to heat up. Remember that during WW2 the US went to great lengths to keep the Manhattan Project secret.

With regards to the rapid advancement of our technology after 1950, why not look at the 50 years proceeding? We went from barely using electricity and riding horses to driving cars, flying in jets, watching TV, etc. in less than 50 years. There is no doubt the 20th century was remarkable in terms of human achievement, but I don't think it has to do with Aliens. I think it has more to do with the fact that once one life-changing technology is invented, it opens the door to hundreds of other possible inventions that could have tremendous impact.

The discovery of electricity was obviously one of those things that dramatically changed the world and led to rapid advancements.
Think about this for a minute. The commander of the world's most advanced air base, the ONLY one with nukes at the time, calls for the press to let them know they discovered a flying saucer. Do you really think the commander would/could make such a big mistake as that? If it was a balloon, really, call the press and say you have a flying saucer? That's just utter nonsense. He even said on his death bed he was told by Wash to change his story and he did. He obeyed orders.

Old 05-24-2021, 01:53 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Maybe. I think it's much more likely the explanation will be that they don't have an explanation, but the things don't seem to pose a threat to national security.
Sounds about right. But, they need to know what it is and not just blow it off. And I don't think they are.

Old 05-24-2021, 02:55 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Here we are nearly 75 years after pilot Kenneth Arnold first reported a string of 'nine, shiny unidentified flying objects' flying past Mount Rainier... to nowadays where we're surrounded by roughly 5 billion human beings all toting around HD, portable 'video cams'. And that's before we count the thousands of amateur and professional astronomers all seriously 'looking', to the point that virtually 'all eyes are on the skies' now, where we seem to know more about 'outer space' these days, than we do our own oceans.

And yet what do we really have to show for it all, except reports of mysterious 'lights', a buncha not-always-credible 'eyewitnesses', the 'It's gotta be Aliens' guy on the History Channel, and endlessly recycled 'flying saucer' pics from known hoaxsters like Billy Meier. And then if all else fails, there's always the 'Disclosure' conspiracy theories, fueled by folks like Bob Lazar, whom even other Ufologists don't believe?!

So would luv to 'believe', but like the old Wendy's ad 'sez... 'Show me the Beef?!"

Physicist & Ufologist Stanton Friedman re: Bob Lazar

Old 05-24-2021, 03:24 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
And yet what do we really have to show for it all, except reports of mysterious 'lights', a buncha not-always-credible 'eyewitnesses', the 'It's gotta be Aliens' guy on the History Channel, and endlessly recycled 'flying saucer' pics from known hoaxsters like Billy Meier.
Nope, we have a lot more than that now. We have the government admitting the objects are real and unknown, and we have many cases from very credible witnesses (pilots, military, police, etc) coupled with additional physical recordings of the objects on multiple sensor systems.

Old 05-24-2021, 03:31 PM

6,101 posts, read 3,338,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Think about this for a minute. The commander of the world's most advanced air base, the ONLY one with nukes at the time, calls for the press to let them know they discovered a flying saucer. Do you really think the commander would/could make such a big mistake as that? If it was a balloon, really, call the press and say you have a flying saucer? That's just utter nonsense. He even said on his death bed he was told by Wash to change his story and he did. He obeyed orders.
You have to admit that if it was a classified aircraft crash, floating some nonsense about a flying saucer would be a great cover up. Then retracting it gives it even more credibility.

But you do make a good point. I’m not sure if they were the only base that had nukes, or the only one that was trained at the time of the incident, but the 509th was definitely the first unit trained on the delivery of nuclear weapons, and they were operational in 1946. They were the unit that dropped nukes in the Pacific for testing and they were the first SAC unit that was ready to deliver nukes. Incidentally, the 509th was the unit that dropped the nukes on Japan before they were transferred to Roswell after the war was over.

So if you were an alien, and your assignment was to keep an eye on those crazy humans and their weapons of mass destruction, the 509th would probably be your first choice to watch.

The 509th today operates B-2 Stealth bombers at Whiteman.

Despite all this, I’m still skeptical about the Roswell incident. I need much more evidence than what is out there.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:09 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Nope, we have a lot more than that now. We have the government admitting the objects are real and unknown, and we have many cases from very credible witnesses (pilots, military, police, etc) coupled with additional physical recordings of the objects on multiple sensor systems.
"One must draw the conclusion that news affirming the existence of Ufos is welcome, but that skepticism seems to be undesirable. To believe that Ufos are real suits the general opinion, whereas disbelief is to be discouraged… This remarkable fact in itself surely merits the psychologist's interest." - Swiss Psychiatrist Carl Jung, author of 'Civilization in Transition', and 'Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Sky'
BTW, Jung is generally recognized as the source for the so-called Psychosocial hypothesis, where he didn't completely dismiss the possibility they existed, but was instead more interested in the phenom as a psychological 'archetype' for our time... 'coinciding' with many of the modern anxieties brought on by the fading of religion, the potential threats of technology, and the reaction of an essentially tribal species increasingly confronted by a much larger world, and larger universe... and in each case, the possibility of encountering the mysterious and unknown Other.

Old 05-24-2021, 05:53 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
"One must draw the conclusion that news affirming the existence of Ufos is welcome, but that skepticism seems to be undesirable. To believe that Ufos are real suits the general opinion, whereas disbelief is to be discouraged… This remarkable fact in itself surely merits the psychologist's interest." - Swiss Psychiatrist Carl Jung, author of 'Civilization in Transition', and 'Flying Saucers: A Modern Myth of Things Seen in the Sky'
BTW, Jung is generally recognized as the source for the so-called Psychosocial hypothesis, where he didn't completely dismiss the possibility they existed, but was instead more interested in the phenom as a psychological 'archetype' for our time... 'coinciding' with many of the modern anxieties brought on by the fading of religion, the potential threats of technology, and the reaction of an essentially tribal species increasingly confronted by a much larger world, and larger universe... and in each case, the possibility of encountering the mysterious and unknown Other.
Jung also stated he respected the opinions of several early UFO researchers who advocated the ETH, so while he had his own theory he didn’t seem close minded to other theories also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal