Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2021, 01:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

This is a fairly short one, but the motion the lady mentioned seemed strange to me, not sure if Im thinking of the right thing or not, she mentions a 'sliding/slipping/skating' motion and then said it got its momentum, Im assuming it was walking on a dirt path, (although she called it a track), Im not sure how it could slip, slide or skate on dirt...or maybe those were not the best words to use for the motion..? IDK?

https://debhatswell.wordpress.com/20...tFOsJlvmolOU1E

Opinions on that motion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2021, 05:12 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
As far as a sliding motion: Wild animals save energy, unlike dogs. They run in straight lines to their prey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JStjhMug1RI&t=13s. Many people think that these wild animals run like dogs and, when they first spot one running, are confused by what they see. Maybe that is why they described the motion as "sliding"?

As far as standing or walking on two legs; the same reason applies as when we have a walking bear (injury): https://nationalcryptidsociety.org/2...-like-a-human/.

One thing that sticks out when reading that account is that the woman said she was nervous as she first started to walk. She was expecting to see trouble and she relayed her feelings to her friend. She heard an unfamiliar noise and thought what she saw was a large dog - she was in a panic because of her fear for the safety of her dog and personal safety. Panic, fear, emotions can all distort reality.

Neither she nor her friend went back to collect any evidence of their 'sighting'. So, once again, we are left with a campfire story and nothing more.

Wolves have been recovering in France and there are about 580 currently living there. They can move at speeds approaching 40 mph.

Old 06-18-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As far as a sliding motion: Wild animals save energy, unlike dogs. They run in straight lines to their prey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JStjhMug1RI&t=13s. Many people think that these wild animals run like dogs and, when they first spot one running, are confused by what they see. Maybe that is why they described the motion as "sliding"?

As far as standing or walking on two legs; the same reason applies as when we have a walking bear (injury): https://nationalcryptidsociety.org/2...-like-a-human/.

One thing that sticks out when reading that account is that the woman said she was nervous as she first started to walk. She was expecting to see trouble and she relayed her feelings to her friend. She heard an unfamiliar noise and thought what she saw was a large dog - she was in a panic because of her fear for the safety of her dog and personal safety. Panic, fear, emotions can all distort reality.

Neither she nor her friend went back to collect any evidence of their 'sighting'. So, once again, we are left with a campfire story and nothing more.

Wolves have been recovering in France and there are about 580 currently living there. They can move at speeds approaching 40 mph.
The woman did say the only thing she actually saw was the the shoulders and above.

The sliding motion would make sense if it was walking on a slippery surface, (like finished concrete), Ive seen dogs start to run on smooth surfaces and it does take them a minute to get their momentum, and sometimes, it looks like they are slipping/sliding to get going before they get traction. The only thing I can figure is maybe they were on a finished concrete walking path, (she did call it a track), but I doubt a walking path would be made from smooth finished concrete.

This is just one more campfire story, but its one more person giving the exact same description as 1000s of others, I doubt there was any evidence to collect either!

The other strange part about this (and others), is the supposed creature seems to be more interested in fleeing or scaring the person away, versus viciously going after the witness and ripping them to shreds! This is VERY common across Dogman reports.

Old 06-18-2021, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The woman did say the only thing she actually saw was the the shoulders and above.

The sliding motion would make sense if it was walking on a slippery surface, (like finished concrete), Ive seen dogs start to run on smooth surfaces and it does take them a minute to get their momentum, and sometimes, it looks like they are slipping/sliding to get going before they get traction. The only thing I can figure is maybe they were on a finished concrete walking path, (she did call it a track), but I doubt a walking path would be made from smooth finished concrete.

This is just one more campfire story, but its one more person giving the exact same description as 1000s of others, I doubt there was any evidence to collect either!

The other strange part about this (and others), is the supposed creature seems to be more interested in fleeing or scaring the person away, versus viciously going after the witness and ripping them to shreds! This is VERY common across Dogman reports.
You love to lump things together. It is not like other reports because it talks about a sliding beast, even though the witness did not clearly see the whole beast. I still think that she could have interpreted the 'sliding' because of the straight-line run of wolves and coyotes.

How many documented accounts do you have of an unknown creature that has ever killed any human? You talk about 1,000s of accounts and all those people are still living! By the way, what website do you use that lists 1,000s or werewolf sightings? Why don't you post a link to one that lists all of them? Like I told you before; I never heard of a werewolf sighting in real life before you came along. I cannot picture how any dangerous creature is being overlooked by the press.

Old 06-19-2021, 01:23 AM

Quote:
You love to lump things together. It is not like other reports because it talks about a sliding beast, even though the witness did not clearly see the whole beast. I still think that she could have interpreted the 'sliding' because of the straight-line run of wolves and coyotes.

How many documented accounts do you have of an unknown creature that has ever killed any human? You talk about 1,000s of accounts and all those people are still living! By the way, what website do you use that lists 1,000s or werewolf sightings? Why don't you post a link to one that lists all of them? Like I told you before; I never heard of a werewolf sighting in real life before you came along. I cannot picture how any dangerous creature is being overlooked by the press.
I LOVE this sighting database! Its global and uses red pin points on their map, click on it for the details.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...6339475609&z=2

Old 06-19-2021, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I LOVE this sighting database! Its global and uses red pin points on their map, click on it for the details.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...6339475609&z=2
Then why doesn't France have a red dot for the report you started this thread about?

By the way, there are two dots only about 20 miles from my house and I do not believe either account. The one tells of a very scary monster that was only two feet away. Like one of your large scary carnivores isn't going to take a nibble if it is that close! The other account tells of a seasoned veteran that runs out of the woods when he finds what he is looking for!

Old 06-19-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Then why doesn't France have a red dot for the report you started this thread about?

By the way, there are two dots only about 20 miles from my house and I do not believe either account. The one tells of a very scary monster that was only two feet away. Like one of your large scary carnivores isn't going to take a nibble if it is that close! The other account tells of a seasoned veteran that runs out of the woods when he finds what he is looking for!
Ive talked about this before, there are numerous 'sighting databases', just because someone reports it to one, doesnt mean, it will show up on others, its not like the databases are all linked together or associated with each other...

Kind of like with UFO reports, there is mufon and nuforc, but those arent the only places that accept sighting reports

Old 06-19-2021, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Ive talked about this before, there are numerous 'sighting databases', just because someone reports it to one, doesnt mean, it will show up on others, its not like the databases are all linked together or associated with each other...

Kind of like with UFO reports, there is mufon and nuforc, but those arent the only places that accept sighting reports
It is just that you started this thread. You also said all these reports are the same. Then you give us a link that doesn't feature your report and I have not seen any reports on that link about sliding or slipping Dogmen. Perhaps I am missing something?

What do MUFON and NUFORC have to do with Dogmen? Instead of giving UFO websites, list these other websites for Dogman. Maybe you can find one other than BBR that has this encounter you want to talk about?

Old 06-19-2021, 12:14 PM

Quote:
It is just that you started this thread. You also said all these reports are the same. Then you give us a link that doesn't feature your report and I have not seen any reports on that link about sliding or slipping Dogmen. Perhaps I am missing something?

What do MUFON and NUFORC have to do with Dogmen? Instead of giving UFO websites, list these other websites for Dogman. Maybe you can find one other than BBR that has this encounter you want to talk about?
Dogman encounters has a database and accepts dogman sightings, Sasquatch Chronicles does too, as well as Lon Stricklers website, 'Phantoms and monsters...there are a handful of other places, I would have to look them up to give names.

I havent seen this particular encounter anywhere (except for the link I posted), and really its not even a 'sighting report'...its just the guy talking about a sighting a lady told him about, it didnt list all the details like most sighting reports do, (the exact location, date, time, weather, season, etc)

Old 06-19-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Dogman encounters has a database and accepts dogman sightings, Sasquatch Chronicles does too, as well as Lon Stricklers website, 'Phantoms and monsters...there are a handful of other places, I would have to look them up to give names.

I havent seen this particular encounter anywhere (except for the link I posted), and really its not even a 'sighting report'...its just the guy talking about a sighting a lady told him about, it didnt list all the details like most sighting reports do, (the exact location, date, time, weather, season, etc)
So why are you posting a second or third-hand report? Rember how you told us many times that you are very 'selective' about what you believe. Then you give us a report that was passed down by others, apparently you turned off your filter keys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal