U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 12:13 AM

10,732 posts, read 31,623,534 times

Advertisements

Its not something I would EVER allow in my house and I'm an atheist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 12:15 AM

756 posts, read 2,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Its not something I would EVER allow in my house and I'm an atheist.
curious...only since you mentioned, and I dont want to start any bashing...
(It seems lately one needs to preface any response with intent)

how come???

do you believe in the evil it represents??

Last edited by nay624; 05-13-2008 at 12:15 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-13-2008, 12:36 AM

6,715 posts, read 12,221,075 times
Wow. I can't believe how many people actually think there are some sort of ghouls and ghosts being transmitted through a piece of plastic that has a glass lens that rests upon a piece of printed cardboard and only moves when people put their hands on it...

I'm wondering if Hasbro has a special part of their factory in which Harry Potter is enchanting all of these Ouija boards with "spiritual pathways" to allow the ghosts and spirits to enter??

Old 05-13-2008, 01:12 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,803,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Wow. I can't believe how many people actually think there are some sort of ghouls and ghosts being transmitted through a piece of plastic that has a glass lens that rests upon a piece of printed cardboard and only moves when people put their hands on it...

I'm wondering if Hasbro has a special part of their factory in which Harry Potter is enchanting all of these Ouija boards with "spiritual pathways" to allow the ghosts and spirits to enter??

Many people have found out the hard way that the Ouija board is not something to play around with...that it isn't a toy. Demons, not "ghosts", make the thing work. Evil unseen spirit forces are very real. The Ouija board is a doorway to their manifestation...

Bud

Old 05-13-2008, 01:18 AM

10,732 posts, read 31,623,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nay624 View Post
curious...only since you mentioned, and I dont want to start any bashing...
(It seems lately one needs to preface any response with intent)

how come???

do you believe in the evil it represents??
Maybe its a hang over from my upbringing but I just don't think its a good idea. I have often said its not that I KNOW there is no god or satan but I have seen no evidence. I do believe in evil, but I just don't want to invite something like that, whatever it is, into my house.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:29 AM

5,081 posts, read 12,886,392 times
I have noticed that the demons conjured up by the old Ouija boards made of wood with glass lenses are much more evil than the imitation Chinese demons conjured up by the new boards made of of cardboard and plastic.

Old 05-13-2008, 03:59 AM

27,236 posts, read 41,141,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
When I was a little girl, the adult women in my family played the ouija board. To them it was just a game. One night when they were playing, I needed to go to the bathroom. As I was walking down the hall, I saw a woman dressed in old fashioned clothes. Like something from the 1920's. She had black cat eyed glasses, and her hair up in a bun. I will never forget the way she looked. She was pilfering through my Grandmother's purses. (My Grandmother kept several purses hanging behind her bedroom door.) She looked up, and glared at me. I was terrified. I took off running for the living room. When I told what I saw, they told me I just imagined it. But that was the last time they ever played at night.
I don't personally believe there's anything to them. However, if someone does, I'm not going to ridicule their belief.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:15 AM

16,227 posts, read 22,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post

Have YOU ever experienced it? Apparently not.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:40 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,664,887 times
I played with ouija boards as a kid.

Never had any weird experiences or anything supernatural (scary ghostlike sounds inserted here).

Old 05-13-2008, 05:06 AM

1,505 posts, read 3,827,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Ya` think? Have you ever played it before?
Yes I have. It is an interesting psychological game. I think people more or less experience what theyexpect to experience with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal