U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:50 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,708,761 times

Advertisements

It's actually a very stupid game because those who are playing it have to start playacting to move the pointer or whatever it's called to position it over letters or characters in order to make a coherent word or message. Obviously the little pointer isn't moving around by itself, it's being pushed by the players who are letting their imaginations guide them. I don't have any great fear of cardboard or cheap toys so I don't think I'd be losing any sleep if a ouija board happened to be sitting in the closet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 06:15 AM

9,727 posts, read 3,516,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
It's actually a very stupid game because those who are playing it have to start playacting to move the pointer or whatever it's called to position it over letters or characters in order to make a coherent word or message. Obviously the little pointer isn't moving around by itself, it's being pushed by the players who are letting their imaginations guide them. I don't have any great fear of cardboard or cheap toys so I don't think I'd be losing any sleep if a ouija board happened to be sitting in the closet.

I understand what you are saying, but that does not explain what I saw. It seemed so real to me, it still effects me today.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:24 AM

13,548 posts, read 21,608,939 times
Museum of Talking Boards: History of the Talking Board

Ouija boards, imo, are just one of the greatest example of brilliant marketing abilities of whoever is producing and selling the board at the time..Demonology, witchcraft, and the occult have always been a fascination with the public..It sells!!!One time, just before I dropped out of "religion" the elders invites a man to speak at our church about his experiences with ouija, demons, the occult, etc..He was there three nights in a row..Each night he promised to tell us about his possession by a certain demon and how he overpowered it, AFTER the demon forced him to commit some pretty gruesome acts, which he tearfully confessed to an audience sitting on the edge of their pews.. This fella was an expert at marketing himself, because he collected a pretty sizeable "love offering" each evening from his book that he sold in the church entry each evening..But wait!!On the last night we were offered a DVD of his actual exorcism filmed exclusively for us to go with his book at the amazing low cost of $25!!

Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 AM

2,955 posts, read 6,719,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
I understand what you are saying, but that does not explain what I saw. It seemed so real to me, it still effects me today.
Actually, it does explain what you saw.
How real something seems to you is a function of your own mind.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:29 AM

16,227 posts, read 22,461,752 times
I think that everyone has their own opinion on this game, whether its to say that its a cardboard game, or one of you are pushing the pointer to get it to move, or it attracts evil spirits and nothing good can come from this game.
All I can do is tell what happened to me, while playing ouija.

My sister and I was playing it another time while my ex sit and watched us.
He didn`t believe in it, so he was sitting over there snickering.
So I told him to think of someone that only HE knows, that we know nothing about. We started asking the board questions about this person, and after it answered several of the questions that only my ex, and this "other person" knew, my ex was no longer snickering, nor gigglin`...he was kind of...white in color! LOL!!
This person that he was talking about was his best friend, who died years ago in a car accident. The questions were,"What was his nickname?...What was his favorite beer, and What was his favorite song?"
Along with some other little quirks that only my ex, and he knew about.
My sister and I was playing the game, so he wasn`t even touching the pointer.
But> to each and their own for views and opinions on it. I think it may work diffrently, for everyone, and sometimes...not even at all. (shrugs) wink, wink..

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 05-13-2008 at 08:41 AM..

Old 05-13-2008, 09:14 AM

1,505 posts, read 3,827,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I have noticed that the demons conjured up by the old Ouija boards made of wood with glass lenses are much more evil than the imitation Chinese demons conjured up by the new boards made of of cardboard and plastic.
Yeah I agree. I have a Ouija board in my home right now. I checked and its a Parker Brothers board that glows in the dark (so its extra spooky) that was made in the U.S.A. Its sad that so many American demons are losing their jobs to Chinese demons because of off shoring. I don't have anything against the Chinese demons, but I feel that they just don't have the commitment to a quality of evil that the good ole American demons do. And the American demons can speak English. It is hard enough to communicate with the other side without having to have a Chinese to English dictionary handy so you can look up what "mang pang shing dong long" means.

It may seem like I am being culturally insensitive, but I also have an ethical objection to Chinese demons being forced to work long shifts in sweatshops for just cents a day and the Communist Chinese government's loose environmental regulations concerning ectoplasmic emissions.

Support your American demons, buy American made Ouija boards.

Last edited by Lucidus; 05-13-2008 at 09:22 AM..

Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 AM

738 posts, read 1,688,040 times
Ouija boards are fascinating to some people because they seem to open a window into a curious and unknown world that lies beyond the limits of our physical existence.

And to many people, such things seem no more dangerous than opening a window in their own homes.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:39 PM

1,808 posts, read 1,574,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Ya` think? Have you ever played it before?

Okay, time for a science lesson!

It's widely suspected that the 'pointer' of a Ouija board only moves at all because of small micro-physical muscle twitches. It's thought to be physically impossible to keep your hands absolutely, one-hundred-percent still at that level.

I've used a Ouija board several times in the past, and the only 'answers' we got were the result of someone pushing the pointer. I actually have a third party to back me up: the last time it happened, we had suspicions about one of the participants, so on a prearranged signal, everyone else lifted their hands from the pointer, and guess what?

Yup. It instantly slid *straight* towards the person we suspected.

I've consistantly held that trying to contact 'real' spirits via a Ouija board is like trying to contact aliens via a tinfoil antenna. It ain't gonna get very far, folks.

Last edited by FredNotBob; 05-13-2008 at 12:41 PM.. Reason: Edited for clarity

Old 05-13-2008, 12:55 PM

16,227 posts, read 22,461,752 times
I have a question for your science lesson, since your feeling generous with free information!

How would you explain what happened, when my ex was asking questions about his best friend who passed away?
We knew nothing about this guy, yet the questions that were ask, we`re right! He was sitting beside us, and we were playing it.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 PM

22,648 posts, read 19,072,323 times
When my parents died and I moved into this house, one of the first things I did when cleaning out the house was throw the Ouija board away that my Dad had! I used to have one when I was a kid and we played with it but since finding out it is a portal for demons, I will not have one in the house. I had my own experience that happened in the 60's and it came to fruition (and my attention) in the 70's and I've never touched one again. I wish I had never had that experience and was still in the dark about those boards.

To each their own IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal