U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,323,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Its not something I would EVER allow in my house and I'm an atheist.
Why don't you allow it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 04:56 PM

5,081 posts, read 12,886,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post

Ouija boards are fascinating to some people because they seem to open a window into a curious and unknown world that lies beyond the limits of our physical existence.
Kind of like religion.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:05 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,224,169 times
I had one once when I was younger.

Nothing weird or supernatural ever happened. I think it's just people's minds. If you expect to see something crazy, you will, whether it actually happened or not.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:35 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,514,371 times
me and some friends used to play with it back when i was living in a south american apartment on a building notorious for its weekly power cuts. There was nothing wrong with it there because the attitudes towards the occult were different. It wasn't until I moved to north carolina that this changed and the occult ouija board was suddenly seen as a symbol for evil and danger. I believe its because of cultural influences and deluded parents such as the mother who kept telling us that she meddled with the occult and the next day her ken and barbie dolls started dancing to rock and roll.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:36 PM

756 posts, read 2,325,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Maybe its a hang over from my upbringing but I just don't think its a good idea. I have often said its not that I KNOW there is no god or satan but I have seen no evidence. I do believe in evil, but I just don't want to invite something like that, whatever it is, into my house.
tahnk you for your reply.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:45 PM

1,244 posts, read 2,866,343 times
I am not a superstitious person by nature. I am however Christian and do believe in good and evil. Having said that, when I was younger, prior to being a Christian so it has nothing to do with religion, I used to play with the board up until something happened one night that caused me to never want to touch one of those boards again.

Yes the board may be seen as just a game, simple cardboard and plastic, and it may just be that and nothing more. However, I do believe that supernatural things can happen while "playing" that game. Why? Because the whole premise of it is to conjure spirits. This can be done as well without a Quija board as well. So it may not necessarily be the board itself for those that insist it's just a board.

Now on the night that I was playing it that turned out to be my last time touching that board, a group of about 5 or 6 of us were goofing around, lights off but for a dim light, all the effects. The night was progressing all in good fun and suddenly I asked a question relating to my father. I had never met my father, he left when I was only 1 year old and no one knows if he is dead or alive somewhere, not even his own mother or sister. Anyway, the pointer started moving and spelling stuff out, talking to me. Mind you, no one else there knew anything about my father and I was barely touching the thing. It freaked me out and I took my hands off it. It kept moving and slowly everyone else took their hands off too, but it still kept moving, still spelling things out. I don't remembe exactly what it was spelling right now but it was definately spooking me out.

Eventually we turned on the lights and were saying enough no more of this, with no one touching it at all it went to "NO". My friends asked questions like are you a spirit, it went to yes, mind you no hands on the thing at all. This went on for a few minutes before we took the board, put it in the box and threw it out. This occured after the last question was asked .. "are you an evil spirit" and it answered "YES". Needless to say, even though we threw it out, none of us could sleep that night.

I have never touched a board again. Could it have been in our mind? Yeah, doubtful though, how do you explain it moving and answering appropriately when no one was touching it. Whatever it was, I decided that day that the Quija board was not a "toy" or "game" I wanted to play with. That was about 20 years ago. I have never allowed one in my house after that either and have shared this story with my kids and asked them to please not play with the thing. To my knowledge, neither of my kids have played with it nor have a desire to do so.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:55 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,040,120 times
I can't remember exactly where I heard this but I was told years ago that the Ouija board mfg. is owned by a satanic occult. Don't know if this is true or not but I heard this somewhere.

Old 05-14-2008, 11:51 PM

18 posts, read 34,510 times
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
When I was a little girl, the adult women in my family played the ouija board. To them it was just a game. One night when they were playing, I needed to go to the bathroom. As I was walking down the hall, I saw a woman dressed in old fashioned clothes. Like something from the 1920's. She had black cat eyed glasses, and her hair up in a bun. I will never forget the way she looked. She was pilfering through my Grandmother's purses. (My Grandmother kept several purses hanging behind her bedroom door.) She looked up, and glared at me. I was terrified. I took off running for the living room. When I told what I saw, they told me I just imagined it. But that was the last time they ever played at night.
Hi sandgirl,My parents when i was a teen used to have friends over and use the board often.While they were using it one afternoon,I was in a different
room. I felt the presents of a tall person behind me...I can't say for sure how i knew the person was tall, but that was what i felt. So my brother a bit older,and much much taller than me,I thought it was him coming up behind me trying to spook me or something,i turned around saying ok bro i know your there, but it wasn't him, but it was a very tall man.Dressed like from the 40's
long black trench coat and hat. it was raining that day and he was all wet. i could see the water comming off his coat.I don't remember feeling scard really. it was all very quick. I saw the man for a few seconds then poof gone.
I deffinatly don't think it's a game....I do beleive that spirits can be contacted via this board.I don't think there good ones and gosh i'm getting
a chill just writing about this. there were many many bad things these enities
would say to my parents.They were mostly intriged by it all.There deffinatly
already is enough bad in this world.....the door threw this board should be kept closed.And if you say you felt this evil most likly you are right .....flower girl

Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 AM

11,852 posts, read 16,594,432 times
I don't associate with people who believe in Ouija boards. I have enough crazy in my life.

My mom is one of those who thought it was true. I played many times as a kid and it was ALWAYS someone moving it. I sense spirits or just weird feelings of someone watching in my daily life anyway- I didn't see the Ouija board adding or subtracting to that.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:22 AM

1,244 posts, read 2,866,343 times
I think it can come down to what the people using it are believing. If you believe it to be just a game, see it as a joke and actually push the plastic triangle thing around then sure that is all that happens in most cases. But if anyone in the group actually believes in the spirit realm and is actually seeking to stir those spirts up and open those doors, this most definately can become a vehicle by which to do so.

Same as sitting in a circle with candles lit around and holding a seance <sp>. Do the candles really have the ability to do so. No. It's just hardened wax and a flame. But it is the energy the people put into it and the belief that they put into it that can and does open the door to the spirit realm. Same thing applies to the Quija board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal