U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 11:28 PM

5,081 posts, read 12,886,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post

I had smuggled in a bible and kept it inside my coat out of view of anyone in the room.
What made you smuggle a bible into your friends house?

Do you carry one around under your coat often?

What do you do, throw your coat open and expose your bible to scare away evil?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 12:13 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,421,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post

Umm, duh, I knew they would be playing the "game" so I brought it along. Rocket science I tell ya.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 AM

428 posts, read 1,506,167 times
There's an excellent book by Michael Schirmer called "Why People Believe Weird Things". He has some pretty good explanations for the reasons people are suckered into believing all sorts of woo-woo silliness like Ouija Boards.

Teresa

Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 AM

12,172 posts, read 15,354,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post

The day was saved by "Bible Man" faster than a mortal sin, more powerful than an evil spirit.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 AM

34,776 posts, read 18,971,651 times
Default Are ouija boards just a game?

Short answer: yes

Old 05-20-2008, 01:27 PM

6,715 posts, read 12,221,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post
There's an excellent book by Michael Schirmer called "Why People Believe Weird Things". He has some pretty good explanations for the reasons people are suckered into believing all sorts of woo-woo silliness like Ouija Boards.

Teresa
Yeah I read it about 3-4 months ago. It was pretty good. I liked the way he summed it all up. I won't ruin the book for anyone who is interested in reading it but it's definitely worth a try.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:57 PM

3,738 posts, read 6,420,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
When I was a teenager I went to some friends house who were playing the "game." Unknown to anyone in the group I had smuggled in a bible and kept it inside my coat out of view of anyone in the room. I did not play, just watched, but sat close to the board.

As they started the game, they kept asking the game "Will you play with us?" the "game" kept saying no, over and over. Finally one of the participants asked why. The next word they spelled was "bible." I got up and left and never would even sit in a room with that game. Evil stuff in my opinion.
Fascinating story!

Old 03-22-2019, 10:51 AM

181 posts, read 48,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post
Yeah I agree. I have a Ouija board in my home right now. I checked and its a Parker Brothers board that glows in the dark (so its extra spooky) that was made in the U.S.A. Its sad that so many American demons are losing their jobs to Chinese demons because of off shoring. I don't have anything against the Chinese demons, but I feel that they just don't have the commitment to a quality of evil that the good ole American demons do. And the American demons can speak English. It is hard enough to communicate with the other side without having to have a Chinese to English dictionary handy so you can look up what "mang pang shing dong long" means.

It may seem like I am being culturally insensitive, but I also have an ethical objection to Chinese demons being forced to work long shifts in sweatshops for just cents a day and the Communist Chinese government's loose environmental regulations concerning ectoplasmic emissions.

Support your American demons, buy American made Ouija boards.
LOL. This made me laugh out loud.

Old 03-23-2019, 12:25 AM

9,640 posts, read 2,446,946 times
Yep, they are real.

Not everyone can 'play' though, it does require a certain type of person (at least that was our experience).

I ran around with a group of about 8 other teenagers at the time, we decided to try the Ouija board, we actually made one from a piece of cardboard, broken piece of glass and magic marker to make the letters and numbers.

At first a couple of us guys tried it, and we didnt get anything, went thru a few other combinations of people without any luck but eventually found 3 girls that had good results, we would stand around and ask questions, the board would answer.

I thought it was fake at first and wanted to prove it was, so I asked a few questions that no one in that group could have possibly known...the board answered them all correctly, at that point, I knew it was real.There were a couple other instances when it proved itself in the week we played around with it too, some of the things it was doing, and how it was doing them, just could not not have been faked, especially by the 3 girls that used it, even thinking about those times today, it scares me, that we took it so lightly back then.

Its been close to 28 yrs since I played around with it, but I regret it today

Old 03-23-2019, 11:31 PM

5,392 posts, read 7,385,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, they are real.

Not everyone can 'play' though, it does require a certain type of person (at least that was our experience).

I ran around with a group of about 8 other teenagers at the time, we decided to try the Ouija board, we actually made one from a piece of cardboard, broken piece of glass and magic marker to make the letters and numbers.

At first a couple of us guys tried it, and we didnt get anything, went thru a few other combinations of people without any luck but eventually found 3 girls that had good results, we would stand around and ask questions, the board would answer.

I thought it was fake at first and wanted to prove it was, so I asked a few questions that no one in that group could have possibly known...the board answered them all correctly, at that point, I knew it was real.There were a couple other instances when it proved itself in the week we played around with it too, some of the things it was doing, and how it was doing them, just could not not have been faked, especially by the 3 girls that used it, even thinking about those times today, it scares me, that we took it so lightly back then.

Its been close to 28 yrs since I played around with it, but I regret it today
I am going to try and keep this short if I can.

It is not the board that comes into play at all, it is the minds, and thoughts of the people involved with the board.
I have explained this in many other threads concerning these boards.

I often stated one could make a board out of cardboard, and get the same results, and apparently you did just that.

As for the "pieces moving", and "knowing the answers",all one needs to know and understand about spirits is, first they can move objects by thought, and secondly, they posses a supernatural ability of esp, and that is how they "knew the answers".

When in contact with spirits(which I am frequently), they can answer my question even before I ask them, because they can read my thoughts.
When you question a spirit, you already know the answer to the question you are asking, and the spirit hones in on your thoughts, and gives you the answer that you already knew.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal