Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:07 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
I think it can come down to what the people using it are believing. If you believe it to be just a game, see it as a joke and actually push the plastic triangle thing around then sure that is all that happens in most cases. But if anyone in the group actually believes in the spirit realm and is actually seeking to stir those spirts up and open those doors, this most definately can become a vehicle by which to do so.

Same as sitting in a circle with candles lit around and holding a seance <sp>. Do the candles really have the ability to do so. No. It's just hardened wax and a flame. But it is the energy the people put into it and the belief that they put into it that can and does open the door to the spirit realm. Same thing applies to the Quija board.

Very good post. I think there may be something to what you are saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 11:02 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
...how do you explain it moving and answering appropriately when no one was touching it...I have never allowed one in my house after that...
Since you are one of the few people in the world who has ever gotten the Ouija board to work, I have a business proposition for you.
You won't have to have the board in your house, and evidently you won't even have to touch it.

Just come on over to my house and we will ask the Spirits what the Mega Million Lottery number is.

After we win the money I will burn the board, or we could take it to Las Vegas or Atlantic City.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:58 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I have a question for your science lesson, since your feeling generous with free information!

How would you explain what happened, when my ex was asking questions about his best friend who passed away?
We knew nothing about this guy, yet the questions that were ask, we`re right! He was sitting beside us, and we were playing it.
To answer this, I have to ask two questions:

1) When he was sitting beside you, were you asking him to confirm the answers? Or did he volunteer the information himself?

2) Can you be certain that he wasn't in cahoots with someone 'on the board'?

I'm not accusing your friend of lying to you or attempting to 'trick' you, but keep in mind -- you said yourself, you didn't even *know* the person about whom you were asking.

It's a catch-22, really. If he'd revealed information before this all started, someone might be tempted to push the pointer -- and otherwise, any answer he gave could very easily become a 'yes', since you wouldn't know the real answer.

Call me a skeptic, but I prefer erring on the side of caution (and human nature).

Old 05-15-2008, 02:30 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,279,697 times
Here is a link to an actual online witchboard. Be sure not use it alone.

The Real Deal - DO NOT USE ALONE!

Old 05-15-2008, 02:36 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post

Cool. I love stuff like that.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:04 PM

431 posts, read 1,641,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidus View Post

You don't have to worry about me using it alone I am not going near it. Call me a chicken but I just don't want to risk it.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:17 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
LOL....nope....The person that was on the board with me at the time, knew nothing about the deceased, and my ex was not confirming what was being spelled out on the board. The questions were ask, and he was "literally in shock" when the correct answers were spelled out on the board. He turned from laughing and snickering, and more or less making fun, to chalk white.
I would side with you, if I could on this one, but I see no other way....

uote=FredNotBob;3773285]To answer this, I have to ask two questions:

1) When he was sitting beside you, were you asking him to confirm the answers? Or did he volunteer the information himself?

2) Can you be certain that he wasn't in cahoots with someone 'on the board'?

I'm not accusing your friend of lying to you or attempting to 'trick' you, but keep in mind -- you said yourself, you didn't even *know* the person about whom you were asking.

It's a catch-22, really. If he'd revealed information before this all started, someone might be tempted to push the pointer -- and otherwise, any answer he gave could very easily become a 'yes', since you wouldn't know the real answer.

Call me a skeptic, but I prefer erring on the side of caution (and human nature).[/quote]

Old 05-19-2008, 12:41 PM

5,341 posts, read 14,138,219 times
OMG...I can't believe there are so many naive and clueless people in the world. Ouija boards & spirits &...what a bunch of crap.

THEY ARE NOT REAL PEOPLE!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:24 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Just out of curiosity I did a Google search on the origins of the ouija board and it turns out that a man named William Fuld started marketing them in the 1800's although it wasn't actually his own invention and had been known as a "talking board" prior to his mass production and marketing. Spiritualism was a big phenomenon in his time and all sorts of tricks were developed to dupe people into believing they were communicating with the dead and that sort of thing. People truly believe some crazy things and there are people who are good at making a big profit because of it.

Old 05-19-2008, 11:01 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,774,865 times
When I was a teenager I went to some friends house who were playing the "game." Unknown to anyone in the group I had smuggled in a bible and kept it inside my coat out of view of anyone in the room. I did not play, just watched, but sat close to the board.

As they started the game, they kept asking the game "Will you play with us?" the "game" kept saying no, over and over. Finally one of the participants asked why. The next word they spelled was "bible." I got up and left and never would even sit in a room with that game. Evil stuff in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal