Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2021, 09:24 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times

Advertisements

First let me say, this house to me has good vibes. It's not creepy and I always feel comfortable, happy here.

I moved in about 6 weeks ago and things have been great. A couple of days ago, I was cooking some salmon on the stove. I left it for a moment and went back into the living room. My stove is electric. I also had some empty boxes stacked in the kitchen as I had just unpacked them.
I heard a noise like something being knocked over so I immediately went back into the kitchen and noticed a couple of stacked empty boxes had fallen over onto the floor. OK, no big deal. They probably weren't stacked well. Then I go to check on the salmon and the stove is turned off. You have to physically turn the dial (knob) in order to turn off the burner and the salmon was cooking just fine with the burner on the last time I was in the kitchen a few minutes earlier.
I'm still trying to figure this out. It's not scary, just puzzling. How did the knob turn itself to turn off the stove and at about the same time the boxes fell over. Maybe I'm going a little nuts. The salmon was perfectly cooked by the way, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 06:14 PM

6,945 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Yes, just keep an eye on things. Maybe say something out loud as if you are talking to someone else there and see what else happens. Does not seem to be malevolent so far and hopefully will just be an extra person living in the house.

The house I grew up in was built in 1635 and it was fine as far as I knew. My family didnt leave until 2006 and nothing spooky until that time. So, I dont think the age has anything to do with whether a house is haunted or not, it is what has happened there perhaps. Do some research on what happened in your house. Ask previous occupants, look at records, old newspapers, etc.

Old 07-17-2021, 10:23 PM

9 posts, read 11,035 times
I believe we have spirits in my house to like to play around. (Maybe to let me know they are there?)

Several times the stove has been turned ON after im done using it. My dad tells me the next day "You left the stove on again" -- No I didnt,I know I didnt this last time!!

And several years ago I was home alone and several nights the back porch light was ON and I had turned it off the night befiore! (Sometimes the front porch light was on)

So yes they like to communicate since most of us cannot see/hear them directly...

Most spirits dont mean any harm though.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal