U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2021, 08:24 AM
 
2,029 posts, read 1,217,446 times
Reputation: 991

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
So basically, if you fling enough 'stuff' at a wall, some of it will stick?

This is basically why we still hear about Nostradamus and his vague quatrains.
Nostradamus predicted you would say this very thing.

From one of his writings he prophesied this...." A beard in winter will state falsehood about me for all my 'stuff' always sticks and a fool man with a white winter beard shall never speak again"

Doesn't sound good for your Winterbeard, if that's your real name.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2021, 09:31 AM
 
1,946 posts, read 996,552 times
Reputation: 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
So is the President going to get shot in August (this month)?
That is not how they work. They can't get too specific or everyone would realize they are frauds. Also seeding their predictions(lol) with sure things like Tittels landslides in places they happen regularly helps. It adds some predictions that came true to their resume.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2021, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Puna, Hawaii
3,780 posts, read 3,911,481 times
Reputation: 6645
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It will never reach that point, (not even close), if that did happen, it would mean, 100s of 1000s of people stopped going to work, Income tax would drop like a rock, stop shopping, taking out loans, etc. Never happen in a million years.
All the airports closed down after 9/11. Amtrack service too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2021, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Puna, Hawaii
3,780 posts, read 3,911,481 times
Reputation: 6645
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
That is not how they work. They can't get too specific or everyone would realize they are frauds. Also seeding their predictions(lol) with sure things like Tittels landslides in places they happen regularly helps. It adds some predictions that came true to their resume.
Just because one can't get too specific doesn't mean they are a fraud.

How many times have you heard, "If somebody was a psychic, why don't they win the lottery."

Three problems with this argument, the first being, how do you know a psychic hasn't won the lottery? Most people who have these gifts seldom tell anybody but a close circle of friends, and sometimes not even that. Indeed, a person who could accurately predict lottery numbers would be kidnapped by people wishing to exploit that gift to earn millions.

The second argument, ask somebody who has played the lottery and lost what the winning numbers were. They may remember the numbers that they played, but they won't remember what the winning numbers were. If somebody can't tell you what the winning numbers were when they have seen them, what are the chances of somebody knowing the winning numbers when they haven't seen them?

The third argument, does a psychic want to win the lottery? Most people who win lotteries eventually go on to say that it destroyed their life. If somebody could see themselves winning a lottery having a negative outcome, they may make choices to prevent that from happening.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2021, 05:07 PM
 
1,946 posts, read 996,552 times
Reputation: 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
Just because one can't get too specific doesn't mean they are a fraud.

How many times have you heard, "If somebody was a psychic, why don't they win the lottery."

Three problems with this argument, the first being, how do you know a psychic hasn't won the lottery? Most people who have these gifts seldom tell anybody but a close circle of friends, and sometimes not even that. Indeed, a person who could accurately predict lottery numbers would be kidnapped by people wishing to exploit that gift to earn millions.

The second argument, ask somebody who has played the lottery and lost what the winning numbers were. They may remember the numbers that they played, but they won't remember what the winning numbers were. If somebody can't tell you what the winning numbers were when they have seen them, what are the chances of somebody knowing the winning numbers when they haven't seen them?

The third argument, does a psychic want to win the lottery? Most people who win lotteries eventually go on to say that it destroyed their life. If somebody could see themselves winning a lottery having a negative outcome, they may make choices to prevent that from happening.
Not being able to be specific except for predictions absolutely anybody could make like the landslides in places known for landslides it is just one of many many things that mean they are frauds.

Yea the old lottery/kidnapping argument, lol, yawn. How about you post some examples. Why hasn't Tittel or the thousands of others who openly sell their "powers" been abducted or the many on this very forum that claim to have powers? My guess is they really don't have any powers.

If you believe in Tittel and his type please post why and how long you have believed.

As for the paranormal stuff this was by far my favorite subject and I was a serious all in believer till I was a junior in high school. I took a psychology course and the teachers pet peeve was psychics and the like. So at least once a week we got a lesson on how these frauds work. It was very educational and interesting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2021, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Puna, Hawaii
3,780 posts, read 3,911,481 times
Reputation: 6645
"If you believe in Tittel and his type please post why and how long you have believed."

I'm not sure I've ever heard of this person before today and I have no reason to believe them. I don't know that any of these public psychics are real. I'm a skeptic at heart, but I've met a few people in Real Life that have demonstrated abilities that defy rational explanation, but you would never know it unless you knew them. It's something extremely personal and private to them. As one such person told me, charging money for sharing such a gift would be an insult to the universe. In fact, she insists on giving gifts to the people that she reads.

"Why hasn't Tittel or the thousands of others who openly sell their "powers" been abducted or the many on this very forum that claim to have powers?"

I don't know, maybe nobody wants to abduct somebody who makes thousands of vague claims of which only some of them partially come true? There is a big difference between being a charlatan and coming out as a person who can accurately foretell lottery numbers. Yawn.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2021, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Edmonds, WA
8,975 posts, read 9,315,586 times
Reputation: 14152
I didn’t read anything about that Haiti earthquake that just happened. He must have missed that one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2021, 11:32 PM
 
28,124 posts, read 10,643,187 times
Reputation: 15273
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
"If you believe in Tittel and his type please post why and how long you have believed."

I'm not sure I've ever heard of this person before today and I have no reason to believe them. I don't know that any of these public psychics are real. I'm a skeptic at heart, but I've met a few people in Real Life that have demonstrated abilities that defy rational explanation, but you would never know it unless you knew them. It's something extremely personal and private to them. As one such person told me, charging money for sharing such a gift would be an insult to the universe. In fact, she insists on giving gifts to the people that she reads.

"Why hasn't Tittel or the thousands of others who openly sell their "powers" been abducted or the many on this very forum that claim to have powers?"

I don't know, maybe nobody wants to abduct somebody who makes thousands of vague claims of which only some of them partially come true? There is a big difference between being a charlatan and coming out as a person who can accurately foretell lottery numbers. Yawn.
There is definitely some 'trick' to lottery numbers...Im not claiming to know what it is however!


Ive known a handful of people in my life, that for some reason had GREAT luck with winning...most didnt win HUGE jackpots, but they would regularly hit $1000 and up, there was also a guy in my town that won the BIG jackpot TWICE, within about 5 yrs...( I dont think that is luck alone).


This one guy I knew, not only did he win lottery frequently, he was always winning other types of drawings, contests, give aways, etc...he bragged about it all the time, I saw his winnings too, so I knew he was not making it up, I have no clue how he did it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2021, 06:53 AM
 
1,946 posts, read 996,552 times
Reputation: 4193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is definitely some 'trick' to lottery numbers...Im not claiming to know what it is however!


Ive known a handful of people in my life, that for some reason had GREAT luck with winning...most didnt win HUGE jackpots, but they would regularly hit $1000 and up, there was also a guy in my town that won the BIG jackpot TWICE, within about 5 yrs...( I dont think that is luck alone).


This one guy I knew, not only did he win lottery frequently, he was always winning other types of drawings, contests, give aways, etc...he bragged about it all the time, I saw his winnings too, so I knew he was not making it up, I have no clue how he did it!
I also know several people who brag about winning playing regular lottery tickets and on the video lottery machines. They ALL forget to tell you about the INSANE amount of cash they spend on tickets or stuff into the machines. Everyone I personally know loses money overall and have some beyond silly system they use.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2021, 12:24 PM
 
28,124 posts, read 10,643,187 times
Reputation: 15273
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I also know several people who brag about winning playing regular lottery tickets and on the video lottery machines. They ALL forget to tell you about the INSANE amount of cash they spend on tickets or stuff into the machines. Everyone I personally know loses money overall and have some beyond silly system they use.
Yes, I am aware of the amount of money they spend on lottery overall...but in the case of one guy, he wins many other types of contests and drawings, when i worked with him, he would demonstrate by regularly winning 'call in type contests' held by radio stations...Im not kidding, he ended up winning everytime he did it! He would just laugh about it when we asked how he did it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 AM.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top