Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 11:34 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,245,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
There is definitely some 'trick' to lottery numbers...Im not claiming to know what it is however!

Ive known a handful of people in my life, that for some reason had GREAT luck with winning...most didnt win HUGE jackpots, but they would regularly hit $1000 and up, there was also a guy in my town that won the BIG jackpot TWICE, within about 5 yrs...( I dont think that is luck alone).

This one guy I knew, not only did he win lottery frequently, he was always winning other types of drawings, contests, give aways, etc...he bragged about it all the time, I saw his winnings too, so I knew he was not making it up, I have no clue how he did it!
Back when I worked at the bank, I had an older couple who frequently made the trip to Reno. My sister refuses to believe this but they would come in and get 500 bucks for their trip, and she’d come home with way more than that. 1000 — 1500, practically every time. She played blackjack, and she won. I asked the husband what he did on these trips and he said he sat by the pool, watched TV, read. Just relaxed.

I have heard that poker and Black Jack is both luck and skill. I have played blackjack with poker chips and no monetary value and I don’t get it. So, not my thing. It’s an enjoyable afternoon as long as there’s no money involved.

As for lottery tickets? I won two dollars once on a scratch off. And I won five dollars once on a lottery ticket. I think I got the mega number. But for the most part, I don’t get any numbers at all. And I am not kidding about this. I get excited if I get within three. So if it’s a one and I have a four I’m like well I was so close!

That’s why the rare times I actually buy a ticket, I buy it at the donut store and buy a donut. At least I get something good out of it. I also only buy a ticket when the pots up way way way high.

Old 08-15-2021, 04:52 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
I took a psychology course and the teachers pet peeve was psychics and the like. So at least once a week we got a lesson on how these frauds work.

Are you aware that patients go to psychologists for years and never change their behavior? Taking money from the vulnerable.

Are you aware psychologists have a high suicide rate?

I am constantly amused by trolling from people on these and similar threads, as if they are trying to convince themselves that psychics are frauds. They sure aren't convincing anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 08:03 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,895,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Are you aware that patients go to psychologists for years and never change their behavior? Taking money from the vulnerable.

I am constantly amused by trolling from people on these and similar threads, as if they are trying to convince themselves that psychics are frauds. They sure aren't convincing anyone else.
Most self-identified psychics are frauds. They aren't psychics at all. People I know with gifts don't even identify as "psychic" because the term is usually associated with fraud or money grabbing. A true clairvoyant sees money as a necessary evil, and doesn't have any desire to collect excessive amounts of it.

Old 08-16-2021, 06:47 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post

The third argument, does a psychic want to win the lottery? Most people who win lotteries eventually go on to say that it destroyed their life. If somebody could see themselves winning a lottery having a negative outcome, they may make choices to prevent that from happening.
Well, given the great lengths these so-called psychics go to to make money--TV ads, call-in lines, shows all over the country--it appears that they are very interested indeed in hauling in the dough. I would think that successfully predicting a single hundred million dollar jackpot would be a lot less effort than everything else they do.

Old 08-16-2021, 09:39 AM

2,450 posts, read 1,677,918 times
Quote:

I am not trolling. I honestly can't believe any healthy adult believes in this stuff. Just like you can't believe everyone doesn't realize it is 100% real. I agree no matter what either of us posts we are not going to believe the other ones point of view.

I am in that weird grey area on psychics. There is nothing mysterious or paranormal about what a psychic does. I do believe in what they do though. It is just a learned skill that some are way better at than others like playing baseball or Jeopardy.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I didn’t read anything about that Haiti earthquake that just happened. He must have missed that one.
Tittel predicted that and the Alaska quake a month or two ago. I don't post most of his predictions here because -- well just read the silly responses!

But I do try to warn people of what is coming so they can prepare. However, anyone who is interested will subscribe to his channel. The rest, well I will let them be surprised! They can play on their Bigfoot and UFO threads.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Tittel predicted that and the Alaska quake a month or two ago. I don't post most of his predictions here because -- well just read the silly responses!

But I do try to warn people of what is coming so they can prepare. However, anyone who is interested will subscribe to his channel. The rest, well I will let them be surprised! They can play on their Bigfoot and UFO threads.
Was is specific or was it the very vague could fit almost anything type predictions he is known for? If specific please pose a link to it. Seriously please post any very specific predictions he has made recently or has made in the past.

I do really miss all the bigfoot threads.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:43 PM

I take notes on his livestreams. You will have to watch his videos to decide for yourself.
But why do you care anyway if it's just silly nonsense?

Old 08-17-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I take notes on his livestreams. You will have to watch his videos to decide for yourself.
But why do you care anyway if it's just silly nonsense?
Because I still find it extremely fascinating. Also I have never called it silly nonsense. I just don't believe there is anything mysterious or paranormal going on.

Old 08-17-2021, 08:10 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,895,355 times
I just watched the video for the first time and at the end of the day most of his predictions are pretty specific. Yeah I get the landslides thing because they are everywhere all the time but most of them aren't that vague. Even the big "shaking" in LA is very specific in it's language about an explosion and the valley and the hills on fire. LA gets earthquakes all the time so any shaking prediction without such details would be meaningless. For the ship crashing into the port he even shows a video of a similar crash and attempts to describe what the ship in his vision looked like as it was different than the video.

Will any of it ever come true? I have no idea, but he has time stamped video proof of his predictions. Has any of his other videos shown specific predictions that actually occurred?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal