Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 11:15 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times

Advertisements

I came across this yesterday and thought it was interesting. I brought up google mars and searched the area in question and low and behold, there is was.

Here's a link to a video I found on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSrVqYq5KJM

So, is it a crashed ship or just a sand dune???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2021, 10:41 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,869,734 times
The thing to do is to find other images of the same place and if possible from different angles, in different lighting conditions. Typically the rovers nearly always take more than 1 picture. Maybe you can find more and post us links. Then you may even be more convinced or on the other hand, it might resolve to be just a nothingburger. Dont expect others to do your work for you, 'cos a real investigator will chase many avenues of inquiry.

Old 12-18-2021, 01:46 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The thing to do is to find other images of the same place and if possible from different angles, in different lighting conditions. Typically the rovers nearly always take more than 1 picture. Maybe you can find more and post us links. Then you may even be more convinced or on the other hand, it might resolve to be just a nothingburger. Dont expect others to do your work for you, 'cos a real investigator will chase many avenues of inquiry.
There are no rovers near this area, this was a screen shot take from google earth's mars map. It's the only picture I could find on this.

Looking at the picture again I can see where the light colored area in the middle of the trench area is raised.
So conclusion is, this is not a trench, it is an outcrop of rocky material with dunes on either side, the object that looks like a ship is nothing but a dune.

Old 12-18-2021, 04:40 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,125,463 times
The 'disc' is not perfectly round, but it looks just like what its purported to be. Cool. Yes, some different time of day/angle pics would be good start.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:23 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Not a chance. No one from another planet can lick the time speed thing just like we can't. We can't even get to Mars let alone another star system.

Old 12-19-2021, 04:07 AM

Mad or not, I have been convinced for a long, long time that we will find sentient life on both Mars and the Moon and also other places too. I also think NASA as an organisation and other space scientists (ESA, JAXA) know or suspect so too. I must have looked at thousands of old MER rover photos when they were both roaming around Mars and the evidence for me was overwhelming as it is in the satellite photos taken from space of the surface. I dont bother to argue with people now as it does not matter any longer. Either I am correct in my suspicion or I am not, but until I die, I will believe it is all one huge cover-up of UFOs, aliens, abductions, ancient history and current flowing water on Mars.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:32 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Not a chance. No one from another planet can lick the time speed thing just like we can't. We can't even get to Mars let alone another star system.
How is this any different than....If man were meant to fly, God would have given him wings? Really?

It is possible to bend time/space as you travel forward. Think of piece of paper with a dot on each line. Instead of draw line from A to B , you fold paper and bring points together. Somehow they do this with their craft. How someone can dismiss millions upon millions of sightings so easily....

Old 12-19-2021, 07:47 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
How is this any different than....If man were meant to fly, God would have given him wings?
No...If God had meant Man to fly, he would have given him tickets.

The thing on Mars is obviously the Monitor half buried in the silt from the ancient oceans there.... or is it the Merrimac? I always get 'em confused....The pic reminds me a lot of looking down on the Arizona at the Pearl Harbor Memorial.

Old 12-19-2021, 01:40 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
How is this any different than....If man were meant to fly, God would have given him wings? Really?

It is possible to bend time/space as you travel forward. Think of piece of paper with a dot on each line. Instead of draw line from A to B , you fold paper and bring points together. Somehow they do this with their craft. How someone can dismiss millions upon millions of sightings so easily....
Only in SPACE1999 did have space warps. Since we can't get near the speed of light we can't go back in time or bend space and time.

All them millions of so called UFO's seen have never proved a thing. Weather balloons, sun dogs and such is all they are. All the other stuff is made up stuff on video. We have no real body or space ship for proof.

Old 12-19-2021, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Only in SPACE1999 did have space warps. Since we can't get near the speed of light we can't go back in time or bend space and time.

All them millions of so called UFO's seen have never proved a thing. Weather balloons, sun dogs and such is all they are. All the other stuff is made up stuff on video. We have no real body or space ship for proof.
Moderator cut: TOS violation

Actually we do have an alien body, and in some ways it has more credibility than many of the stories from more recent crashes which have been swept up by the military.

The one recovered from a crash in and buried in a graveyard in the small, rural farming town of Aurora, Texasas reported in the Dallas Morning News, on April 15, 1897. It landed on a judge's property so you cannot get much more 'official' than that.
Link to Aurora, Texas story on Mysterious Universe

Quote:
...they also found the pilot of the craft sprawled out on the ground dead amongst the wreckage, and although there was no really detailed description it was described as a petite humanoid figure and called “a Martian,” with the report stating of its appearance, “while his remains are badly disfigured enough of the original has been picked up to show that he was not an inhabitant of this world.” On the creature’s person were supposedly sheets of a paper-like material upon which were scrawled some sort of strange symbols like hieroglyphs, the meaning of which was as enigmatic as the pilot and his weird ship.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 12-20-2021 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: Do not accuse people of trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal