Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2021, 08:19 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,158,315 times

Advertisements

Many years ago, a bunch of us were out running around in the country at night. There was a stretch of road with no homes for about 2 miles. A guy in the backseat said he saw something moving behind us. We got out into about 4 inches of fresh snow. We found some huge footprints from bare feet in the snow. Timber was very thick and ran up to the edge of the road. So no way to see anything. Another guy, who was always telling wild stories, said later on that he saw a bigfoot in that area. It was always a strange area. there was 13 curves in that 2 miles of road. There were times that you could drive through there in the daytime and not even see a bird, no animals of any kind. Other times, you would see the usual animals. We saw some orange lights in the sky in the same area once at night. Still wish I knew what it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2021, 07:41 PM

6,965 posts, read 6,897,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Many years ago, a bunch of us were out running around in the country at night. There was a stretch of road with no homes for about 2 miles. A guy in the backseat said he saw something moving behind us. We got out into about 4 inches of fresh snow. We found some huge footprints from bare feet in the snow. Timber was very thick and ran up to the edge of the road. So no way to see anything. Another guy, who was always telling wild stories, said later on that he saw a bigfoot in that area. It was always a strange area. there was 13 curves in that 2 miles of road. There were times that you could drive through there in the daytime and not even see a bird, no animals of any kind. Other times, you would see the usual animals. We saw some orange lights in the sky in the same area once at night. Still wish I knew what it was.
Whatever it was, is still there - or its offspring. Go back and have a look and take a couple of trailcam with you. Remember to point one trailcam at the other so if one is tampered with, you will get a picture of the creature which is doing the tampering - assuming they leave you the camera behind. This is what people forget to do. Because trailcams are not cheap, they want to cover as much trail as they can, but that way, they never get a picture of the creature which destroys or moves the trailcam.

Old 09-16-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Whatever it was, is still there - or its offspring. Go back and have a look and take a couple of trailcam with you. Remember to point one trailcam at the other so if one is tampered with, you will get a picture of the creature which is doing the tampering - assuming they leave you the camera behind. This is what people forget to do. Because trailcams are not cheap, they want to cover as much trail as they can, but that way, they never get a picture of the creature which destroys or moves the trailcam.
There are homes in that area now. So I imagine whatever it was moved on.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:49 PM

27,696 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Familiar story, hiked across missouri river on an old rail bridge with 2 friends in a rural location. Light patches of snow on ground. Saw 2 prints twice as wide as my foot but not much longer, big toe more like a thumb. Who am I to say

Old 09-17-2021, 10:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,640,515 times
Footprints in snow can be very deceiving...( Yes i know, this doesnt sound like a post from me!), I listened to a guy talk about how footprints in snow can become very large and distorted after just a little bit of melting, the areas around the edges melt first, making it look like the footprint is much larger.

I realize this doesnt always explain footprints though, sometimes people do find VERY large prints and they are the real deal.

I did see some canine type prints at the southern OH property I visited awhile back (guy claiming Dogmen were all over the area), but no way to determine what made them and the general area was a mess.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:23 PM

27,696 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Footprints in snow can be very deceiving...( Yes i know, this doesnt sound like a post from me!), I listened to a guy talk about how footprints in snow can become very large and distorted after just a little bit of melting, the areas around the edges melt first, making it look like the footprint is much larger.

I realize this doesnt always explain footprints though, sometimes people do find VERY large prints and they are the real deal.

I did see some canine type prints at the southern OH property I visited awhile back (guy claiming Dogmen were all over the area), but no way to determine what made them and the general area was a mess.
Absolutely. Its the only explanation I could come up with, except they were exact same and sharp

Old 09-18-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Absolutely. Its the only explanation I could come up with, except they were exact same and sharp
It was still snowing, at night and very cold. I know there had been no melting. And they were bare feet and in the middle of nowhere. Our tire tracks were the only ones on the road.

Old 09-19-2021, 09:39 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,640,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It was still snowing, at night and very cold. I know there had been no melting. And they were bare feet and in the middle of nowhere. Our tire tracks were the only ones on the road.
Sounds like you saw the real deal then.

Thats one aspect skeptics can never explain...why would a 'hoaxer' go to the middle of nowhere to place fake tracks, that chances are, no one will even see?! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal