Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 02:10 PM

1,936 posts, read 700,911 times

Advertisements

https://www.latintimes.com/man-left-...d-grave-486616

Anyone see this story? Could it be some kind of animal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 05:08 PM

290 posts, read 164,489 times
Pics or it didn't happen. So much fake stuff online these days

Old 09-19-2021, 09:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
I once read that hair and fingernails continue growing, even after a persons death, Im not sure how long it grows for, (Im assuming until the skin rots), so Im not sure that much hair could grow, to actually breach the surface of the ground!

It would take years for hair to grow that long.

Old 09-19-2021, 10:34 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I once read that hair and fingernails continue growing, even after a persons death, Im not sure how long it grows for, (Im assuming until the skin rots), so Im not sure that much hair could grow, to actually breach the surface of the ground!

That's been debunked.,

Old 09-20-2021, 01:48 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:

Actually, hair and nails do not grow, the skin shrinks. So it looks like it’s growing but in reality it’s a optical illusion.

As for hair coming out of a gravestone? I know if you lived where I lived, it’s absolutely possible. I don’t know if it’s bad weaves or crappy hair extensions that fly off or huge catfights, but where I live it’s not uncommon to find huge clumps of hair everywhere. I don’t even think about it anymore it’s so common. Also tennis shoes tied together and flung up on telephone wires. It’s just what we do here.

Our joke was every time we saw the tennis shoes thing, we said the Ramones must be in town. Because the day we went to see the Ramones we saw shoes all through the car ride to the pavilion.

Old 09-20-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Actually, hair and nails do not grow, the skin shrinks. So it looks like it’s growing but in reality it’s a optical illusion.

As for hair coming out of a gravestone? I know if you lived where I lived, it’s absolutely possible. I don’t know if it’s bad weaves or crappy hair extensions that fly off or huge catfights, but where I live it’s not uncommon to find huge clumps of hair everywhere. I don’t even think about it anymore it’s so common. Also tennis shoes tied together and flung up on telephone wires. It’s just what we do here.

Our joke was every time we saw the tennis shoes thing, we said the Ramones must be in town. Because the day we went to see the Ramones we saw shoes all through the car ride to the pavilion.
Isnt the tennis shoe over telephone wires, a gang thing? Seems like I heard it explained once and it had something to do with gang territory or something.

Old 09-20-2021, 10:03 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Isnt the tennis shoe over telephone wires, a gang thing? Seems like I heard it explained once and it had something to do with gang territory or something.
That’s an urban legend. A good one. But I’ve also heard it’s to mark where you can buy drugs.

Basically, it’s kids having fun.

Old 09-20-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
That’s an urban legend. A good one. But I’ve also heard it’s to mark where you can buy drugs.

Basically, it’s kids having fun.
Its possible it means different things in different cities...I know for a fact, things in my area to look for with drug dealers (years of personal experience!), but thanks to the internet and social media today, most of them have gone online, but they still use 'covers' to advertise...some Ive seen are pretty clever...

'Brown dog for sale'
'white dog for sale'

'garden or tools sections' in online classified sites such as Craigslist and FB marketplace are frequently used in my area too.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:59 AM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Sometimes when I go for walks you'll find hair all over the place and it's basically where an owl or other animal caught something furry like a rabbit and ripped them up and left behind a lot of fur. It looks a lot different once it's pulled out and can look like hair.

Old 09-21-2021, 09:28 AM

947 posts, read 296,913 times
Quote:

The hair and nails aren't really growing. The skin is retracting as it shrinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal