Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2021, 11:15 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,654,108 times

Advertisements

The following link talks about what these little cryptids are...

https://www.americas-most-haunted.co...ids-pukwudgie/

Its said that Mounds State Park in Henderson, IN has quite a bit of sightings of these things, and that is not too far from my location...(considering a weekend trip there before winter sets in)...I want to hike the area and get a feel for it myself!)

There is also another area in MA thats said to have many of these things, ( Freetown?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 05:35 PM

6,985 posts, read 6,907,840 times
I guess their footprints would be similar to Bigfoot's but smaller and more gnome-like. You probably dont get too many people walking around in the woods with bare feet these days, so any footprints of small gnome-like feet are likely going to be pukwudgies.

We look forward to hearing of your trip. Maybe visit a few local shops or newspaper office and ask if anyone has seen them?

Old 09-23-2021, 12:35 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,090,536 times
Nunnehi, the Cherokee Travelers (Nanyehi, Nvnehi, Nanehi)

The Nunnehi

The Nunnehi - considered protectors of the Cherokee (Tsalagi). I grew up hearing that besides having the ability to disappear, and were very small, they looked just like us.

Their name means "Travelers". The people who can travel anywhere.

Much like European leprechauns and fairies, they are not easy to find, and when you think you are upon them you can suddenly hear them behind you or somewhere nearby.

The assistance of the Nunnehi is credited with being how some of the Cherokee people avoided the Trail of Tears and were able to remain in their homelands. Hiding them inside mountains until the danger was past.

Being taught they look just like us except much smaller, doesnt lend them into the category of 'cryptids' I wouldnt think.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:24 PM

6,985 posts, read 6,907,840 times
I have a theory that there are currently little people on Mars surface too. I reckon I can see their structures in the old MER photos (but thats a whole other story).

Old 09-23-2021, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Nunnehi, the Cherokee Travelers (Nanyehi, Nvnehi, Nanehi)

The Nunnehi

The Nunnehi - considered protectors of the Cherokee (Tsalagi). I grew up hearing that besides having the ability to disappear, and were very small, they looked just like us.

Their name means "Travelers". The people who can travel anywhere.

Much like European leprechauns and fairies, they are not easy to find, and when you think you are upon them you can suddenly hear them behind you or somewhere nearby.

The assistance of the Nunnehi is credited with being how some of the Cherokee people avoided the Trail of Tears and were able to remain in their homelands. Hiding them inside mountains until the danger was past.

Being taught they look just like us except much smaller, doesnt lend them into the category of 'cryptids' I wouldnt think.
Some of the articles Ive read about these things, they talk like they really do exist, it seems much different than with other cryptids, hard to explain, but that is what Ive noticed.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I have a theory that there are currently little people on Mars surface too. I reckon I can see their structures in the old MER photos (but thats a whole other story).
Interesting, what makes you think they were little?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal