Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 10:44 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,677,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I've had two experiences with UFO's. Nothing as in detail as your story OP, and I can tell you of a third story that my grandfather experienced back in the 1970's as well.
I've seen UFO's on two occasions. 1) a silver elongated tic-tac shaped metallic ship moving at incredible speed in a plowed field just off the side of the road. My parents and I were on the way to my grandparent's home and travelling in a rural area full of wooded plots and plowed fields. The ufo was just hovering in a plowed field next to us and as we approached it (driving about 70 mph) it blasted off in a vertical direction like it was shot out of a gun. No doubt as to what I saw, you could see a reflection of trees and sky reflecting off of the ship. That was my best sighting. I was around 15 at that time. 2) myself and like 8 friends were at a local beach one night enjoying the beach and camping. Back in the day we could camp on the beach all night and did so regularly every summer. We were laying in the sand watching stars and talking when we saw what looked like a satellite drifting in orbit across the sky. Satellites have a slow, methodical way of tracking in a straight line and as long as light is reflecting off them, you can follow their orbits. However, this one stopped. Stood still for around 10 minutes, then completely changed direction, and followed that path for about 10 minutes, stopped again and changed direction again. This time it was almost a 180 degree reverse in direction. It was moving about twice as fast this time it turned and then we saw it change directions again (about 90 degree turn) and speed off at an almost impossible speed. Like fast as you could blink speed and in an instant it was gone. No way in hell that was a satellite or a plane...

My grandfather was a travelling salesman back when those jobs were still important. He covered the SE United States and was on the road 300 days a year. He told us of an encounter he had back in the 1970s which, if you knew my grandfather, he was a big skeptic, deeply religious, and very bah humbug about things like ufo's.
He says though that this encounter he had was witnessed by 100's of people, reported in the papers, and until his death he never changed his story or thought it was anything other than a ufo.

He tells that he was somewhere between Macon, GA and Atlanta GA at like 10pm one night. If you are familiar with the area, it's very rural (even more so in the 1970's) and the roads were lines with trees, dark, and small rolling hills impede your visibility. Picture dark, tree lined, hilly roads... He was the only one travelling on this road for hours and wouldn't see much other than dark.

Suddenly, behind him in the distance, in his rearview mirror he spots a blinking red light. He estimated it was several miles behind him and he would see it from time to time as he crested a hill. He felt it was an ambulance or fire truck that was travelling on the road with him and he started thinking of where to pull over if they caught him. Which the lights were doing, catching him, quickly.

Every time he'd crest a hill, the blinking light was closer and it didn't seem to be going up and down the hills like a normal car would, he said it seemed to be always at the top of the hill when he crested.

Closer and closer it got to the point where the red light was so bright it was blinding granddaddy. He couldn't see it in the rearview anymore and he realized that the thing was actually passing over his head. His next thought was ok this is a helicopter with a really low flight pattern. That's the only way that it's light could be so bright. But it made no sound.
As it passed over his head, he got a clear view of the underside of the ship, he said it was a mere 50-100 ft above the roof of the car and he could see it in detail. He said that the entire metal of the ship was blinking red, not just a light source. He said it was gliding along, no sounds, no other lights, just kind of hovering at a high rate of speed and low to the ground. It stayed high enough to stay above the tree line at the tops of the hills, but low enough it was a shocking experience as it flew by.

When he got to the next town, there was a diner and motel and he was used to stopping there to rest and refuel. He went inside and the locals were all freaked out about what had just flown by as it was an otherwise quiet country evening. Many people in the area reported this sighting to the local newspapers and there were supposedly 100's of witnesses to the craft.

I've never tried to verify the sighting by looking for it in the old periodicals, and always trusted that my granddaddy was telling the truth as he was not one to make up a story like this.

If anyone can ever find an article or otherwise that corroborates his story, I'd be grateful!

Well, those are my stories!
I really dont understand what the hell these UFOs are doing, when they do things like this! Whats the point in flying low over some civilians cars? Its almost like they go out of their way to be seen, but then just shoot off or vanish.

The only thing that I can think of that makes any sense is...we are likely part of a MUCH MUCH more complex world than we know, and we are kind of low on the totem pole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2021, 11:26 PM

7,780 posts, read 3,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorOldSpike View Post
I thought I'd start this thread for anybody to post their alien encounters of any kind, and for other members to make comments etc..
Okay I'll start with my own possible abduction experience when I was age 50-

THE SPALDING INCIDENT (Lincolnshire, England, 1998)

I was on a lone bicycle-camping trip and camped for the night near the town of Spalding, the blue dot marks the location of my tent-

I had slight trouble getting off to sleep, as if there was a sort of 'static' in the air but I eventually dropped off and had a 'dream' in which i was out of the tent in the night following a brown hooded monk-like figure towards the grove in which there seemed to be some kind of craft, and there the dream ended.
Next morning I woke up back in the tent behind the hut but it seemed as if morning had arrived too quickly, as if time had gone missing.
I noticed I had a large yellowish bruise on my shin, it wasn't the least bit painful to the touch and i had no idea how i'd got it.
I thought no more of it and broke camp and got on with the trip with no ill effects and the bruise faded over the next week or two.
The incident never left me traumatised or stressed in any way, and I had no 'flashbacks' or anything...
Was I abducted and messed about with? I just don't know..

I have had one Epic Dream (2003), one Visitation Dream (2012). These were positive and life changing. I had a "dream" that I cannot classify (2017)--like watching a crime movie. Not so positive (like I was in the room).

Okay, I'm on my sixth decade and I had a couple of spectacular life changing Epic dreams... So, around 2014 I had another type of dream. I dreamt an alien spaceship was above my house and I felt the power surge through the house/ceiling. It hovered there for quite a long time and I felt it was scanning me? It just felt extremely powerful (like I could not break free of it). It felt real is all I can say. I dreamt my friends were downstairs and I was trying to convince them that I had been visited by aliens and they shrugged it off (like sure you were).

I would say the alien dream was neither positive or negative. It just was. There was nothing to prompt me having a dream like that. I don't drink or do drugs. I am not obsessed with aliens nor have I ever had any other sightings or experiences (that I can recall). It may have just been a dream (but, the reason I listed the other dreams (above) is because they all had one common element (they did not feel like dreams; they all felt real).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal